|
Author Topic:   WW2- Fav. Tank and plane
KingTiger
posted October 08, 2002 12:06 AM            
What is every bodys favorit plane and tank from WW2. Mine are the P-51H Mustang with its 1,380HP V-1650 Packsrd Merlin wich can get it to its top speed of 487mph. It could carry Ten 5in. Missiles or two 1,oooLB Bombs and its 0.5inMg. My favorit tank of course is the King Tiger also known as Tiger B or Royal Tiger.It had Sloped arrmor to deflect shots and a 88mm cannon of 71 calibers that shot 3280ft per sec. It had 150mm armor in the front, 180mm in the turret face, and 80mm on the back and sides.

IP:

coaxs
posted October 08, 2002 12:08 AM            
Always had a sweet spot for the flying fortress.

IP:

KingTiger
posted October 08, 2002 12:18 AM            
The B17 showed up in 1942 i think. It had 13 0.5in guns. could get up to 290mph. Nice! o it drops bombs too

IP:

Rex R
posted October 08, 2002 01:23 AM            
relating to tm, the p-39 was nice. the russians found the 37mm cannon made a very nice 'can opener'

IP:

Vlad
posted October 08, 2002 01:51 AM            
Does anybody know of a good website that has information about the various tanks/planes/ships/weapons/etc of WW2? Being hopelessly hooked on Battlefield 1942 has actually sparked my interest in the time period.

IP:

Rex R
posted October 08, 2002 02:55 AM            
well you could try the links found here http://www.what-if-you.com/ww2memorial/wwii_links.htm
didn't try any of the links so dunno how good they are

IP:

BamZipPow
posted October 08, 2002 03:39 AM            
Most of the sim sites have some pretty good data as they do try their best to simulate the actual vehicle as much as possible. If there are some particular types that you're looking for, I have a few I can point your way.

IP:

CyberCannon
posted October 08, 2002 02:47 PM            
The B-17 had the following gun placements, not all of them were in the early models; tail gun, two waist gunners, ball turret, top turret (this I don't think was on the first models, if memory serves me right it came out in the C or D model), nose gunner (also the navigator), there were also guns for the bombadier, and the radio operator. The tail and the two turrets were all twin guns, That is all the gun emplacements I can remember

However, I have always prefered the P-51 Mustang or the P-38 Lighting as far as planes go. Rex, the P-39 Areocobra was well liked by the Russians and probably explains why their Yak planes tended to have a 37mm cannon in hte nose as well, made for very easy aiming also when you think about it. The major problem of the P-39 was the mid motor mount tended to increase the likelyhood of flat spins.

Tiger, I would ahve to say my favorite tank was the Sherman, not because it was one of the best around, but because the men who drove them showed so much tenacity. The Tiger II could chew them up for breakfast.

CC

IP:

Bonzo Dog
posted October 09, 2002 11:12 AM            
Give me unt squadron of Spitfire. And a sherman of coarse

IP: