|
Author Topic:   TM questions
Blue n Gold Sue
posted October 06, 2002 01:54 AM            
Two questions:
the radar in a game doesn't show the entire play field (that I know so far), but how much of the map does it show? 30%? 50%? 1/4th? 1/10? Any clue?
In a DDM (in particular) there are so many people fragging each other,with so many messages popping up over the radar, I find it hard to read the radar. Is there any way to turn off the messages? Is there any way to turn off the "talk" (t key)messages without turning off the "team"(y key) messages?
Thanks in advance for your sharing of your vast knowledge. <curtsies for your help>

IP:

BamZipPow
posted October 06, 2002 02:52 AM            
No answer from me about the radar...

No real way to turn off the chat...you can clear the chat off of yer screen by tapping the TAB key.

IP:

Rex R
posted October 06, 2002 02:57 AM            
1) not sure but(1)
2) yes but...
3) no idea
(1) problem is most of these are controled by the (tankgod)sabbot.ent & the server dictates what the client uses sooo...you'ld have to a) determine which changes to make and b) get the serverop to use the changed sabbot.ent

IP:

JVortex
posted October 06, 2002 08:54 AM            
if i remember right the line:
MMapClipRad = 400
is the one that controls how much of the map is displayed . its been a while since ive played w/ all the radar settings tho, so i may not bee very correct .

assuming i am i think the number is meter radius. so upping that number to like 800 or so should show nearly the entire map without the map being so scrunched together that its hard to read. increasing the
MMapScale = 0.0003
param tho will make the overall display size of the map easier to read.

whats kind of interesting to do is to rearrange the mini map so that its centered in the screen and takes up about 1/4 of the screen (so you have a radar display about 6" in diameter right in the middle of everything). kinda cool .

------------------
Let the rocks roll and the battle commence. http://www.bzrpg.2ya.com .
Check out the site! Loads of Tread Marks support and AddOns. Home of the S.T.O.R.M Pack.
The Storm has arived!! :)

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted October 07, 2002 12:17 AM            
Yes, I think your right JVortex, but the problem is when you enlarge the radar it looks very funky, as it spins so quickly when you turn eh hehe w00t!

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted October 07, 2002 02:19 AM            
My "blonde" question for the day. How can I repostion the minimap?

IP:

Rex R
posted October 07, 2002 11:50 AM            
by changing mmapx = and mmapy =

IP:

Cap-N-Jack
unregistered
posted October 07, 2002 12:58 PM           
HI Sue
i have NO clue. have not had a clue for
along time now.
if you find one please let me know.

IP:

Random Chaos
posted October 07, 2002 02:11 PM            
We always knew Cap-N-Jack was clueless...

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted October 07, 2002 03:31 PM            
Now I have a clue!! Whoop!
My map is bigger and better. My messages disappear after 2 seconds (I can always read them if I miss them by hitting tab )
I am a happy camper. Thanks guys, your underling bows to your vast knowledge.

IP:

BamZipPow
posted October 07, 2002 05:36 PM            
So yer saying that "bigger is better"..?

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted October 07, 2002 09:20 PM            
In maps, at least. Size is all relative

IP: