|
Author Topic:   GROPOS Mod
wolfman
posted October 02, 2002 05:43 PM            
Wondering if I can get a copy of this mod to beta with - signed up way back when to be one - would love to do the beta test of the game including the music. Thanks
spazman769@yahoo.com JT

IP:

A2597
posted October 02, 2002 10:44 PM            
One more can't hurt...
certainly.

I'll send ya an e-mail.

------------------
### Hi, I'm a sig virus. Please add me to the end of your signature so I can take over the world. ### - Caught from excaliber @ B5mg.com

Flying Tanks and Cookie Dough?
Oh, wait, no. If tanks were ment to fly they would have been born with little bags of salted peanuts.

IP:

Random Chaos
posted October 02, 2002 11:19 PM            
But A2597, the latest sets don't have all my maps yet - we need to update the beta

And when are we getting the demo out...I think everyone deserves to see the goodies we are working up

IP:

Random Chaos
posted October 04, 2002 04:41 PM            
I've been bugging A2597 about the Demo...

Basically A2597 still needs to finish off some weapons. We have the 2 maps and 2+ tanks for the demo though - we just don't have all the weapons we want to include.

It looks like it will be at least a good several months before we get the full version out. I have almost finished the maps we need to do, so basically whats left is weapons and tanks for the full version.

As of now--
Known maps that are in progress/done:
10 Race Maps on 9 different worlds
13 DM Maps on 13 different worlds
6 CTF Maps on 6 different worlds
Total worlds represented: 20 worlds
Total worlds we still need maps for: 2-11

I don't have stats on Weapons or Tanks right now...I only know that A2597 recently came across a new resource for Tank models (online) so he can begin making more tanks.

IP:

Random Chaos
posted October 04, 2002 04:42 PM            
P.S. - rarely do 2 worlds have the same Skymap - so assume there about about 15 or so different skymaps already in the game - beyond LDA's that is

--RC

IP:

wolfman
posted October 04, 2002 08:45 PM            
Very Very Cool Dudes Have only had a chance to play with it a wee bit - real life in the way lol Any of the weapons sso - if so can i add them to the crazy mod server when i put it up. Thanks. JT

IP:

Random Chaos
posted October 04, 2002 11:21 PM            
Right now all weapons are for beta testers only except the Penguin Mines. And they aren't SSO.

IP:

wolfman
posted October 05, 2002 04:58 AM            
Ok - cool. Pretty much what I figured. Really fun mod. Took a bit to get used to the new tanks - once there though look out. Really impressive graphics and effeccts. Health gun and ppo? wpn very neat. The laser type weapons you have done are a true treat to the mind. Burning tank effects a very neat toucch. New meaning to Army Men - flash back to true childhood. Let me know what specific type of comments you are looking forr - Great job thus far.

IP:

Random Chaos
posted October 05, 2002 08:50 AM            
Well we know of some problems. For instance: Don't play a CTF map right now with those tanks that regen ammo.

Also as for the tanks, almost every one of them has been updated since then

-----------------

I'll see if I can bug A2597 into posting something about what he needs from the Beta Testers...

IP:

A2597
posted October 06, 2002 11:03 PM            
explosion effects for tanks aren't done yet...I have an idea in my head, not certain if it will work..if it does... HOOOOOOO BOY...whole new level of graphics.

nuke like explosions are no where NEAR done.

tanks all look like absolute crud right now IMHO. need to work on them...
(A2597 says: "I STINK AT TEXTURING!!!!")

now, weapons...not much in there now...there WILL be if I get around to adding things in. got LOTS of weapon idea, actually... I chock full of ideas...just need to implement them.

as for what I need from you beta guys.
overall opinions.
suggestions for anythign and everything.
bug reports. (At this stage just about everything has bugs, *sigh* )

some examples of things that I wanted but can no longer do...

Recharging weapons. I loved the idea, looked COOL. problem: you can't play CTF with the tank, flags cannot be picked up.

FTF, fun fun IMO, problem...might be able to fix, need to e-mail LDA and ask.

did I mention the tanks look like crud? yes? oh well..

things that I'm still not happy with are numerous. I'm getting happy with the map graphics, but the overall weapon effects seem lacking to me yet...can't place my finger on it....oh well.

I seriously have NO idea when this thing will be done, demo is close though...need to fix a BAD texture bug on the remodeled/retextured Minbari Shrek. (Looks COOL now other then the bug, quality I want!) and add at LEAST SOME weapons to it...
otherwise, demo will consist of the following:
3 maps
3 tanks
as many weapons as possible.
all maps will be DM or Race.
(Two race, one DM).

things that need to be done to get demo out:
resize some textures, have the high res as optional DL.

remodel/retexture two tanks, fix texture bug on Shrek.

add as many weapons as possible.

sheesh...dosn't look like so much there...

------------------
### Hi, I'm a sig virus. Please add me to the end of your signature so I can take over the world. ### - Caught from excaliber @ B5mg.com

Oh, wait, no. If tanks were ment to fly they would have been born with little bags of salted peanuts.

IP:

A2597
posted October 06, 2002 11:05 PM            
oh, and laser and PPG go to Vlad.

Who, BTW, hasn't been on ICQ in awhile...

------------------

IP:

Random Chaos
posted October 06, 2002 11:39 PM            
Actually he has been. Its you that haven't been A2597

You only get on in the evenings. Vlads on mid day most of the day.

IP: