|
Author Topic:   Help!
Jeff/Lightning4
posted September 28, 2002 12:42 AM            
Something has gone buggy with my game. Now when I move, the announcer dude says 'It is payday' It stops when Im not moving, but this is really getting annoying now, and kinda spooky.

IP:

Jeff/Lightning4
posted September 28, 2002 12:45 AM            
Now Ive found that all the tanks do different weird sounds now. Its like their movement sounds have gone corrupt. Draconian makes spooky 'Excellents'. Help!

IP:

Jeff/Lightning4
posted September 28, 2002 01:07 AM            
Update! Now after a fresh reboot, almost EVERYTHING says 'It is Payday'. What is wrong!!!! Im gonna go crazy! The game has gone corrupt! How can I fix it!?

IP:

A2597
posted September 28, 2002 01:08 AM            
Another victim of the "too many mods" problem...

I can never remember the fixes for this, you can try a search of the forum, or another passerbye might be able to tell ya the fix.
My solution:
goto addons/ents/weapons/ and deleat weapons I dislike.
too many weapons causes this error.

------------------
### Hi, I'm a sig virus. Please add me to the end of your signature so I can take over the world. ### - Caught from excaliber @ B5mg.com

Flying Tanks and Cookie Dough?
Oh, wait, no. If tanks were ment to fly they would have been born with little bags of salted peanuts.

IP:

Jeff/Lightning4
posted September 28, 2002 01:16 AM            
Problem is, It worked with the current amount of mods I have now. I removed the O Christmas Tree, and messed with Voyagers weight. All this started to happen. Then when I set voyagers weight to normal, I still get it. I guess I better remove a few weapons.

IP:

Rex R
posted September 28, 2002 01:39 AM            
voyager and the warbird both present problems for TM one solution is to comment out the multikill sound lines in their respective tank ents another is to start removing weapon mods, starting with mods that call vox ents

IP:

Jeff/Lightning4
posted September 28, 2002 01:52 AM            
I removed it and my 'Disabled' Weapons. The game works fine now. I guess that weapon spoiled the bunch.

IP:

AoDwingsofdeath
posted September 28, 2002 02:18 PM         
would you by chance be lightning4 from battlezone???

Ban Sach

IP:

Jeff/Lightning4
posted September 28, 2002 08:04 PM            
Hmm, I dont think so. Ive played at alot of places, but I dont think Battlezone. Internet Gaming Zone, yes, but Battlezone, no.

IP:

Jeff/Lightning4
posted October 01, 2002 08:49 PM            
This subject returns! Something is seriously wrong with the game. It is limiting my mods one by one! Soon Ill just be stuck with the normal weapons again. I used to be able to have all the weapons, then I had to remove a few, now Im having to remove more and more! Should I report this to tech support or something?

Soon Ill be singin : The mods go to trash one by one, oh nooo, oh noo, the mods go to trash one by one, ohh nooo, oh noooo!...

[This message has been edited by Jeff/Lightning4 (edited October 01, 2002).]

IP:

=DNX= Dalmatian
posted October 01, 2002 08:53 PM            
Uninstall Treadmarks, go to Drive C, click on program files, and find a treadmarks file in there. It'll be empty but it keeps all of your original settings that it had incase you reinstall so delete it. Then install the game again. This time don't grab any mods. Just download every TM map posted so you'll have all the maps for the servers and download every weapon ever made so you'll have all of that. And go to JVortex's site and download every tank on there, nothing more. And get the nJUK Kersplatt mod as well and the 1.6 upgrade which is a large file.

IP:

JVortex
posted October 02, 2002 07:19 PM            
sounds like your main problem is that you got ahold of an older copy of the Warbird and Voyager tanks. i found a way to give them their own multikill sounds and used it. unfortunately i later found out that TM doesnt do a good job of supporting this feature.

the first thing to try is what Rex said, comment out the multikill sound param lines in both the Warbird and Voyager tank files. normally thattl fix the problem youve got there.

granted the glitch still rears its ugly head when youve got too many mods, so if you still have it after commenting out those 2 lines then start pulling mods out. basically the use of the multikill sound param just makes the glitch happen faster, heh.

------------------
Let the rocks roll and the battle commence. http://www.bzrpg.2ya.com .
Check out the site! Loads of Tread Marks support and AddOns. Home of the S.T.O.R.M Pack.
The Storm has arived!! :)

IP:

Jeff/Lightning4
posted October 03, 2002 12:59 AM            
I never added any tanks. I had the voyager weapon once though but removed it.

IP:

Random Chaos
posted October 03, 2002 10:45 AM            
Have you installed a lot of mods? Sometimes installing a ton of mods can screw up the voice (basically there get to be more Sound class ents then TM can keep track of).

IP:

Jeff/Lightning4
posted October 04, 2002 01:04 AM            
Yes . All of the weapons I like though

IP: