|
Author Topic:   New way to make money:)
Sage
posted September 26, 2002 03:16 PM            
People will buy anything: http://sagetm.tripod.com/zeopics/

Don't get it?
I was thinking of charging people to make their names like I do on my site. I don't how they could use them but I really don't care. I was thinking of selling them at $2 per name? hows that?

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted September 27, 2002 07:07 PM            
pfft, you know thats downright cheap n dirty sage. Your just usin "Gimp" or a program similar to it to generate them, charging for pictures made with those programs is really dishonest.... ;( Especially when the program is *FREE*.... Your just taking advantage of all the people out there not able to realize the trap they walk into. Besides, how would you collect the money? Have them e mail it to you? lol Prehaps if you want to sell some art you could start out by making 3d models. When you get good at that you could then map then out to give them color. People could then have a bit more flexibility with them, and there really is no way you can be accused to using others work.

IP:

KiLlEr
posted September 27, 2002 07:53 PM            
The software maybe free, but a person's TIME isn't GA. Why would it be dishonest to charge some one?

Notepad comes with your computer, so does that make it dishonest to charge someone for making a website using notepad and gimp?

When I was making Logos (which is basically what Sage is doing) for companies at my old job (a graphic arts firm), I was charging $150 US per hour. Most of the time I started with a photocopy of a letter head or a B&W TIFF image.

The key point is TIME. When you pay someone for doing something, your paying for thier time.

[This message has been edited by KiLlEr (edited September 27, 2002).]

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted September 28, 2002 10:43 PM            
Killer, I don't think you've used Gimp. You simply type in a word and press go and it generates the entire image for you. Im *SURE* thats not what you did for your work. If you copy and paste from a book into notepad is that honest to sell money? no its entirely what and how you use it. So, lets say it costs $150 an hour for sage's work, it might come down to about 25-50 cents from the time. Unless he adds some other pregenerated stuff from gimp in which case prehaps a dollar or so.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted September 28, 2002 10:58 PM            
More killing of a pro-active idea ?

I sell my graphics work. why shouldnt he... you only assume he will use the preset stuff, maybe he wants to learn and earn at the same time. Gotta give the guy the benefit of the doubt on that one. And killer, i know where ya commin from man, i charge similarly on certain jobs.

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted September 29, 2002 03:34 PM            
He might Matrix.... but he hasn't yet, and the way he does his names does not involve anything *BUT* that unforunately. Though if he did research a bit more he could probley come up with some stuff on his own, very cool to.... if he invests time.

IP:

coaxs
posted September 29, 2002 03:52 PM            
Good luck Sage. Perhaps we should make a paypal account for TM. I may look into it.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

Sage
posted September 30, 2002 04:13 PM            
Actually, I have done about 13+ names for people. But that was for free, mostly to get the word spread around school. I'm gonna get some cards made up to better-spread the word.hehe

I don't know why your so against the idea GA, alot of stuff that we buy are somewhat point-less and easy to make.

This is something my dad told me: Just becasue someone says something is worth a certin amount, doesn't mean that it is. Thats only what people are willing to pay for it. A Baseball card is only worth its self, but because of what people are willing to pay for it, it becomes worth something.(something like that)

Anyway, I think "WE SHOULD" start a fund raiser of some-sort for TM and LDA.

IP:

Paranor
posted September 30, 2002 06:14 PM            
i completely lack any creativity so anything you do using gimp or anything is is nice in my book.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted October 01, 2002 05:33 AM            
I doubt you lack any creativity para-dude.. that red bwl sig you made a bit back was to die for !

IP:

Paranor
posted October 01, 2002 01:40 PM            
which one was that? I didn't make anything. it was either Sage, Slayer or Glomund.

EDIT: or KONG.

[This message has been edited by Paranor (edited October 01, 2002).]

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted October 06, 2002 11:32 PM            
well, I guess your right there Sage *takes a look at a water bottle, laughs* go get um Make some animated ones also.

IP: