|
Author Topic:   www.boomstickjoes.com - server upgrade
KiLlEr
posted September 23, 2002 10:21 PM            
Lunar Pages (my web host) is shutting down the server BoomstickJoes.com is on and moving me to a bigger and faster server. The site will be up by wedneday, but the domain name will take up to a week to propagate around the world.

anyone using the link:

neptune.lunarpages.com/~boomst1

should change the link to

www.boomstickjoes.com

IP:

Random Chaos
posted September 23, 2002 11:53 PM            
ack...just when I needed to pull stuff from your site to my site-in-development

Oh well...I'll get them before I upload my site I hope

IP:

KiLlEr
posted September 24, 2002 12:20 AM            
I have a backup of my site. What do you need?

IP:

Irascible
posted September 24, 2002 12:31 AM            
Killer,

Excuse the ignorance. I'm just curious. What's the "angle"? For example, Par's tremendous bandwidth is a work related thing. Are you an "IT professional" (*cough* talk about vague buzz words ) as well doing this in conjunction with work? Do you just have lots of time and money on your hands? In which case I'll send you my PayPal address. When Coax mentioned that your contributions have gone largely unrecognized, he wasn't kidding. I still hardly know who you are! Maybe that's just me. So I thought I'd ask.

IP:

KiLlEr
posted September 24, 2002 09:25 AM            
I'm a programmer and code poet (as in, you can pry this keyboard out of my cold dead hands )

Part of my job involves scoping out new technologies and building framework to support new applications. So, I get lotsa books for free. Since most of my website work is justifiable learning, I get to work on it at work, when I'm not too busy anyway.

I use to be a graphic artist and I have 14 years experiance working with lightwave, and 6 years experience with Photoshop. It was mostly video related work (rememeber the Video Toaster?) and then during my latter college years, I worked for a production house that did corporate presentations.

All this programming, Web and graphics stuff comes easy to me. And it helps with modding.

On top of this, I dislike watching TV, can't sit idle for more than 5 mins, and always need to be working on something.

IP:

Irascible
posted September 24, 2002 10:23 AM            
"code poet"

There's a new term for me. I use to refer to myself as a HVAC Service Tech. But from now on I think I'll call myself a comfort analyst and mechanical philosopher.

Video Toaster? I do remember that name. My dad has always had a fascination with such stuff. I remember him talking about it when I was... a kid.

IP:

Random Chaos
posted September 24, 2002 10:34 AM            
Video Toster...great product - only worked well on the Amiga. I never owned that piece of hardware for my Amiga though...a bit too expensive. You know, thats what they used to do the graphics for Seaquest (when it was on).

Its nice you can work on that webpage at work

IP:

Teulk
posted September 24, 2002 08:53 PM            
Just curious KiLlEr, but will the stats be kept up with while the site is down?? Or is there an alternate site where I can find them?? The one listed in this thread is inaccessable by myself...should there be an accessible one??

I get a fatal error when trying to access the Boomstick Joe link you supplied...

[This message has been edited by Teulk (edited September 24, 2002).]

IP:

KiLlEr
posted September 24, 2002 10:24 PM            
The server uploads are still working, as well as the forum. WE just can't get the current results

I'm talking with the support group now.

IP:

Teulk
posted September 25, 2002 02:55 AM            
excellente...hope all goes well. Transitions can be heart-stopping. Here's to a stress free change-over.
G'luck...

IP:

KiLlEr
posted September 27, 2002 12:59 PM            
Sites back up

IP:

Random Chaos
posted September 28, 2002 09:58 PM            
Ah - good - now I can get the TeamCTF stuff for mirroring

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted September 29, 2002 02:14 AM            
Remember Team CTF event on Friday October 4th. Time varies according to time zone. Grab the files and join us!

IP: