|
Author Topic:   how do you put out a fire?
GoldAnt_Number1
posted September 21, 2002 11:49 PM            
with water? that could be it. I was just browsing over the topics and it seems to me (IMHO) that a good deal are a bit, well flamed up Not purposely but when your having a tough day.... nobody likes to feel they're wrong....... everyone thinks were out to get one another, and were not. Lets not forget were all friends because that loses almost the whole point of this community, at least from my point of view. I good idea I heard was that, once a day, everyone should try and give out a compliment to somebody, even if they didn't like them. Whats the point of this? well if we get in the habbit of giving out positive words we'll have less misunderstandings.

Who knows, maybe I didn't need to post this.... but it might be something you all should try out "Do a good turn daily" im sure some of you have heard this from somewhere (watchs a few peoples eyes light up)

IP:

coaxs
posted September 22, 2002 12:08 AM            
Thankyou GA very good points.

Thankyou Kong I always find your opinions refreshing.

Thankyou Ras, I get to read a novel with each of your posts.

Thankyou Superunknown and Sailor for being great fellow Admins.

Thankyou RC for making a wonderful TM site.

Thankyou Killer for doing so much for the community, and still being largely unrecognized for it.

Thankyou kv your doing a great job of representing LWA on the bboards.

Thankyou Paranor for making a wonderful bboard.

Thankyou to the many others I left out but still do so much for the community.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

[This message has been edited by coaxs (edited September 22, 2002).]

IP:

Irascible
posted September 22, 2002 12:20 AM            
Thank you Ant for the Mary Poppins routine. How original.
And thank you to whoever for the follow up replies blasting me for making my sarcastic remark to Ant.

Oh, and most importantly, thank you God for my ability to thrash my opponents on the game servers. As the great one would say (some of you will know what this means, the rest will just be full of incredulity at my bravado):
(in a deep thundering voice) "El Ras-bo with talent on loan from God."

IP:

coaxs
posted September 22, 2002 12:24 AM            
How dare you be sarcastic with dear ant.

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted September 22, 2002 12:24 AM            
come on guys were on a roll everybody join in! keep it nice n were set for back in the "day".

Thank you ras and coaxs for your input, thank you LDA for this great game, and THANK YOU!!!!!!! Everyone in the TM community and some of you not in it! Thank you everyone

IP:

KONG
posted September 22, 2002 01:02 AM            
Ummmm, Ras. You aren't that good. ("Buy my cigars")

------------------
UGotDaNuke

IP:

Irascible
posted September 22, 2002 01:10 AM            
I was only referencing the frag. I would never compare myself directly to the great one when it comes to his specific talents.

[This message has been edited by Irascible (edited September 22, 2002).]

IP:

Irascible
posted September 22, 2002 01:16 AM            
Sorry Ant, didn't mean to get off track there. Hmmm. What to say? Oh, I know:

"Thank you Kong for displacing me as the biggest sourpuss on the board."

Why does it feel like Thanksgiving already? Oh, I remember now - all the contrived "thankfulness" just to get mother to stop asking the question! "And what are you grateful for?" (repeated 20 times during dinner!)

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted September 22, 2002 05:00 AM            
Hey! The thanks are not contrived. All of the people Coax mentioned deserved to be mentioned. There are many people out there who are doing a wonderful job with modding, keeping some semblance of order, creating websites for our use (and abuse), hosting bbs, hosting TM servers. . .the whole kit and kaboodle. These are all things that deserve to be credited and appreciated daily. Even you, Ras, deserve to be thanked for agreeing to maintain the skills ladder. I am sure that many of these jobs seem thankless and you get too many complaints/requests about "why didn't you do it this way" or "how come you don't . . ." I think many people are doing a "rockin'" (to borrow a TM statement) job and deserve the true, unadulterated appreciation.

IP:

Paranor
posted September 22, 2002 10:38 AM            
lol - you guys can't even say thanks without turning it into a debate.

Thanks Skan for getting me into multi-player TM.

Thanks board admins.

Thanks RAS for annoying me everytime we play.

Thanks Weatherman for practicing with me so I didn't stink so bad.

THanks super for being on every practically every night.

Thanks to GA for the world "pfftage"

Thanks to everyone else.

Thanks to me and my T-1 sooon to be 5MB pipe. W00TNESS!

IP:

Irascible
posted September 22, 2002 11:56 AM            
I was only referring to myself mother... err... I mean, Sue.

"Thank you GA_Queen for being an easy target."
(Though actually you've been getting pretty good lately. Unless that was someone else playing under your name?)

"Thank you Paranor for being TM's version of a rich uncle."
(Rich with servers and stuff.)

"Thank you LDA for being absolutely oblivious to anything that goes on at the BB."
(When the cat's away.)

IP:

Irascible
posted September 22, 2002 02:05 PM            
Coax said:
"Thankyou Killer for doing so much for the community, and still being largely unrecognized for it."

BTW Coax, I mean to ask: Who's Killer?

(LOL! I'm just yanking your chain. )

IP:

Paranor
posted September 22, 2002 02:31 PM            
hehe

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted September 22, 2002 04:01 PM            
Thank you for Artificial Thanksgiving o computer peoplely persons! (dang, is this really artificial? Were giving out more thank yous thank i've heard in a year (pretty bad isn't it hehe))

IP:

KiLlEr
posted September 23, 2002 09:18 AM            
An I would like to thank the writers and directors, without whom.......

oops, Sorry, I thought it was the Emmys

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted September 23, 2002 03:45 PM            
quote:
"Thank you GA_Queen for being an easy target."
(Though actually you've been getting pretty good lately. Unless that was someone else playing under your name?)

I have gotten a bit better, but sometimes Jon or David will play under my name for the remainder of a game if I get called away to 1) help Ben, 2) start cooking dinner, or 3) Deal with something else that has come up. After the game is over they will switch to their own name. Ususally it is me, however

Of course, how could I forget KiLlEr? His CTF mods are really fun to play. There are some great tanks in his newest arsenal. Try it out and come play on 10/4!

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted September 23, 2002 03:50 PM            
And of course, thanks to Kong and Sailor for working/housing maps for so long.
To Matrix for modding his guts out
To JVortex for modding his guts out. TMStorm is Jon's favorite mod
And, finally to all the other people I forgot to mention, but are an integral part of the TM fun (some of which IS reading the lastest flames)

IP:

ARAGON
posted September 23, 2002 11:21 PM            
Thank you Killians...

Thank you Mike's Hard Lemonade.....

IP:

Karldar
posted September 23, 2002 11:26 PM            
Yeah, thank you, Guinness! Hoowoo!

But seriously, thanks to everyone except for Ras . LOL

IP:

glomund
posted September 25, 2002 02:22 PM            
thanks for all of you... the only community that i have found that really works. (seriously)

<bow>

IP: