This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2  |
Author Topic:   Disheartened!
-DNX-Ni
posted September 19, 2002 12:47 AM            
This seems to be a sad time in TM and itís community! What was once a concept, brought to a few people who loved it, who told another few people about it and eventually worked up a nice little happy family of regular players who rarely bitched and moaned about anything, now seems to be going the way of a normal, adolescent larger-scale community. So far, in the past month I can read of this bb, there have been more personal swings and moody reactions than I could ever recall in my first year of being in this BB!

Ok, so there wasnít so much organisation, but hey, there were still Sunday night DDMs, stock, modded or CTFís! Now I come back after 3 months and it seems that the good word/bad word ratio's vastly shifted!

Before, people would play the game and stay, not just for that but for the friendly banter on here but I can see now that some newbies who had potential just see this place as another bitch-zone.

I say lay off the serious organising for a while and go back to just playing the GD game!

(now for the token retaliatory jibe ..)

IP:

Grind_and_Click
posted September 19, 2002 12:50 AM            
quote:
This seems to be a sad time in TM and itís community!

has been since like WM left

but i agree, seems less people play now to

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted September 19, 2002 01:00 AM            
Kinda like human race... we started out good now we have a bunch of wacky people out there hehe. Just wait for the 2nd coming of TM though and it will be alright (oh man this is very symbolic =))

IP:

A2597
posted September 19, 2002 01:00 AM            
yea, seriously, I think we had more fun before the clans started up.
(Actually...I think thats true in every game...)

ahhhh oh well...

------------------
### Hi, I'm a sig virus. Please add me to the end of your signature so I can take over the world. ### - Caught from excaliber @ B5mg.com

Flying Tanks and Cookie Dough?
Oh, wait, no. If tanks were ment to fly they would have been born with little bags of salted peanuts.

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted September 19, 2002 04:07 AM            
As long as they complain here AND play on the servers I don't care reading a little spat sometimes.

IP:

wolfman
posted September 19, 2002 04:46 PM            
Here is a radical thought - No Clans - whenever teams needed - teams made by the computer at random as you log on - no changing. Just a thought. JT

IP:

Paranor
posted September 19, 2002 05:09 PM            
What does clans have to do with anything?

IP:

A2597
posted September 19, 2002 07:53 PM            
clans are the serious side of TM.
clans = clan warfare
clan warfare leads to planning
planning leads to arguments over times etc
clan warfare can also consist of "Join _Insert clan name here_ and leave those pathetic losers at _Insert some other clan name here_

In other words, organized events should be left to "Hey guys! Lets have a DDM!" or "Hey guys! Lets have a DFF" or such.

IMO, if there is a clan, there should only be one, it should be something along the lines of LWA, where there are no real rules for beloning other then behave well on the servers, and its pourpose should be to teach newbies ettiqute and how to play. thus the older player (Everyone here really) can stick together, and new guys can respect us becase we help them, and keep restrictions on ourselves such as no cursing in games, spawnfragging, etc.

otherwise, what real point do clans serve? A bunch of people that know eachother going online fighting a bunch of other people they know online. how is that really different then how it would be if there were no clans?

------------------
### Hi, I'm a sig virus. Please add me to the end of your signature so I can take over the world. ### - Caught from excaliber @ B5mg.com

Oh, wait, no. If tanks were ment to fly they would have been born with little bags of salted peanuts.

IP:

KiLlEr
posted September 19, 2002 08:10 PM            
"planning leads to arguments..."

Arguments lead to anger
anger leads to hate
hate leads to ..... suffering

THAT SETTLES IT!!! CLANS ARE THE PATH TO THE DARK SIDE!!!!

LOL

IP:

Mr Twitch
posted September 19, 2002 09:37 PM         
It was bound to happen. Someone feels that someone is cheating (in some form or fashion) just because they can't understand why they keep losing. So then they start to bicker and complain. Well maybe 1. you need more practice or 2. FIND ANOTHER GAME THAT YOU CAN PLAY AND LEAVE US ALONE!!!!!!!!!

IP:

A2597
posted September 20, 2002 01:36 AM            
First off, welcome to the insanity..

second...did you read the post? were not talking about people cheating or people playing badly, were talking about how the community isn't the same as it was.

------------------

IP:

Irascible
posted September 20, 2002 02:46 AM            
I know exactly what Mr Twitch means.
He's just heading in other directions for an explanation as to why it isn't the same.

IP:

Paranor
posted September 20, 2002 08:14 AM            
lol killer!

Mr. Twitch - when do you play? I haven't seen you yet.

I disagree. IMO Clans have nothing to do with anything. There were already clans when I got here over 1.5 years ago. ????

Even if I wasn't in a clan I would still be picking on super in the game. I still pick on Ras. All in good fun though.

FUN! FUN! FUN! FUN! FUN! FUN! FUN! FUN! FUN! FUN! FUN! FUN! FUN! FUN! FUN! FUN! FUN! FUN! FUN! FUN! FUN! FUN! FUN! FUN! FUN! FUN! FUN! FUN! FUN! FUN! FUN! FUN! FUN! FUN! FUN! FUN! FUN! FUN! FUN! FUN! FUN! FUN!

------------------
-How's it going bugalugs? I know bugger all and I'm buggered. So bugger off.
BWL-Paranor, BWL-Tiger, DNX-Tiggs and D.O.G.-Aragon.
Family. Redefined.
DDM Pics, schedule and other here!

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted September 20, 2002 03:47 PM            
And here I thought =DNX= led to the Dark Side. LOL. See, I can still learn something every day.

IP:

Sage
posted September 20, 2002 03:53 PM            
Actually Paranor, clans have alot to do with TM as wel as other games. I'd say 1/4th of the game is the about the clans and teams that get involed.

A clan is like an automatic team, they're there, no need remake teams - just get together. It makes the game more simple and adds boundries. Its kinda strange, but actually sorta makes sense.

In a clan, your on that team, you don't switch from one to another per game. Their people that do that though. I know I had a couple of people like that in my clan, one minute they're joing my clan, the next minute they leave already talking about another clan to join. I think its rude though. I mean why join that clan in the first place if your going to end up making your own or joining another clan. But anyway, thats another subject.

Perhaps something that could be talked about at a clan council

IP:

coaxs
posted September 20, 2002 05:03 PM            
Sage: If you want the clan council to vote if GA is seperate then ZE, I think you'll end up looking rather silly.

"I know that ZE's been on a halt for some time but I've already explaned that anyones welcome to leave as they wish."

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

[This message has been edited by coaxs (edited September 20, 2002).]

IP:

Sage
posted September 20, 2002 07:50 PM            
Who said I was talking about him? I don't recall mentioning GA's name. Also, I don't mind if a person leaves just as long as they me some sort of notification that they're leaving, other wise they're still in my clan. Those are just my rules.

IP:

coaxs
posted September 20, 2002 08:31 PM            
From your post you implied GA. It is still possible to talk about people without stating any names, unless there have been more then one supposed ZE member that has started their own clan Sage:"I mean why join that clan in the first place if your going to end up making your own"

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted September 21, 2002 04:13 PM            
Sage, after me having to go through half a dozen or so of your harassing e mails, theres no doubt that when you speak of people leaving your clan you mean me. But the whole stinking problem with your "GRUDGE" IS THAT I NEVER JOINED ZE ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ya know... Back in "The day" there were two clans. BWL and Temporal Chaos, it was good vs good!!!...... ... ........ well things were a bit simpler back then. Anyways, the less clans the less chaos and anger. Maybe it would be better if there were no clans...?

IP:

KONG
posted September 21, 2002 04:47 PM            
Sage, you cannot just start a clan and then disappear for months at a time. You have to be involved with it 24/7. If you think it is easy to run a clan, ask Matrix or one of the other clan leaders. Or at least have a second in command to run things in youre absence. There are 2 types of leadership, authoritative and persuasive. You can have neither unless you have respect. Respect is won not given. If you want to lead men and women into battle, lead by example...

If you do not have the time or resources available to do this then do not waste other peoples time by asking them to join a clan that you are not able to manage.

You must have more dedication to your cause than any person that is following you.

It would be a good idea for you to join a clan and see how things actually work before you try to get something going again.

I do not remember you joining any of the existing clans b4 u started ZE. Running a clan is much more than just telling everyone that you are in charge. Show them that you are in charge and willing to sacrifice for them...

------------------
UGotDaNuke

IP:

coaxs
posted September 21, 2002 05:32 PM            
LOL, getting rid of clans is a radical soultion to a problem that does not exist.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

Sage
posted September 21, 2002 06:19 PM            
Ok what the crap is all this. I never left Kong, and how about you and AOD, what have you been doing for them? Why don't you worry about the clan your in and not mine. What ever happen to those mod monkeys. Yeah you have real experience. And for the last freaking time GA, you were in my clan. You joined and its settle. I remeber that stupid reply you gave me. What about your clan? Why don't you all worry about your stuff and let me take care of mine.

You guys are so freaking annoying, why can't you just let me be with out telling me what I should and Shouldn't do. Stop telling me what I said when I never said it. This thread isn't about me, you need to focus on the sunbject and stop this.

And also GA, if I wanted everybody to know about the emails I would have posted it on the board.

Also, I care more about my individual "members" then I care about the clan in total, thats a real learder.

IP:

KONG
posted September 21, 2002 07:06 PM            
I was trying to be nice in my last post. Sage, you are a young man who has great ideas and has no idea how to make them come to fruition. your last post actively displays the problem, stop trying to be important and be yourself. You are so genuine when you do so and come off as such a phony when you try that hard a$$ stuff. I like u alot when u are yourself, but when u put on that guise you are very intolerant

------------------
UGotDaNuke

IP:

wolfman
posted September 21, 2002 09:29 PM            
Well said Kong

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted September 21, 2002 11:31 PM            
Sage, the only reason I continue to mention those "E-MAILS" is because you won't get it through your head ;( If you continue to state it... Maybe I just should post your e mails for crying out loud!

IP:

This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2