|
Author Topic:   Clan Council Voting Thread
coaxs
posted September 18, 2002 09:09 PM            
Please take upwards to a week to vote on each of these propositions in your own clan bboard. After you have enough debate have the reps come back here and vote in this thread.

1. Voting Guidelines
1a. To have a vote at future clan council meetings must have 3 active members including your-self. Yes/No
1b. Take up to a week to post clan council voting propositions on your clan board to discuss favorability. Yes/No

2. Clan Relations
2a. Any active recruiting of LWA members should stop. Yes/No
2b. Other clan council threads should be closed, and some individuals should apologize if they think they should. True/False

3. Clan War Setups: Based on Paranor’s polls
3a. Each clan is only allowed up to 6 people to play--rotated by clan preference. Yes/No
3b. Clan war will be held on a hidden IP server to avoid non-affiliates taking clan seats. Yes/No
3c. Clan War time will be 20 minutes instead of 99frags. Yes/No
3d. Smaller clans are allowed to join together in one team to stand a better chance of survival. Yes/No
3e. The frags collected by smaller clans joining up will be giver to the clans that earned those frags individually. Yes/No

[This message has been edited by coaxs (edited September 18, 2002).]

IP:

Irascible
posted September 18, 2002 09:39 PM            
Just need some clarification:

1A) How do we define "active members"?
2B) Are you proposing that individuals should be forced to kiss and make up?
3A-E) Are you asking for an answer here within the week or are you asking Par to setup polls on those topics?

Just asking. Don't blow your top or tell me what a rotten group I belong to. LOL!

IP:

Karldar
posted September 18, 2002 10:08 PM            
Sorry to clutter the thread, but...

2b. Looks like they(whomever that may be) want to know whether to close certain threads and make it known that apologies(in their opinion(s)) should be proffered by certain unnamed parties, but only if those parties feel ethically obligated to apologize for certain unnamed offenses.

In other words, disregard everything in item 2b. after the comma....

------------------
I like pie, but I LOVE TM!

IP:

coaxs
posted September 19, 2002 02:19 AM            
1a) Loose definition, I'll leave it to the the clan council to decide later what an "active" member is.
2b) see Karldar's post
3a-e) Par already set up polls for these, I'm just state-ing some of them and expanding on others. It's up to the clans to decide if they like the new format some of it is already implemented by Par I believe.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted September 19, 2002 08:25 PM            
erm, I think clan recruiting should be up to the person being recruited lol

IP:

coaxs
posted September 20, 2002 04:46 AM            
If any individuals or clans need clarification on any of the propositions just post your questions here.

I can already hear the opposition to 1a from the smaller clans present and future. Just to assure smaller clans that they will have a voice at future clan councils a new policy may be adopted where in all clans even one member clans get a vote. But clans with 6 or more people are allowed to veto. This will stimulate smaller clans the need to grow in members, and assures that minority clans can still vote. This of course will need to be voted on at the next clan council.

For this current clan council, I recommend normal Democratic rules be applied, in short "majority rules".

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

[This message has been edited by coaxs (edited September 20, 2002).]

IP:

kv
posted September 20, 2002 08:18 PM            
clarification on 2a:

Apparently coax harvested this topic from the LWA boards. I intended to present this simply as a request to other clans.

so.. LWA requests that other clans refrain from actively recruiting LWA members. LWA is an open clan and all members are free to leave if they wish, but they are also in LWA because they choose to be. Please respect that choice.

------------------
Don't want to join a clan with so many requirements? Join LWA. Enrolement is open. Just contact any member listed on the LWA page and check out our new forums: http://home.woh.rr.com/kvorlon/LWA.htm

IP:

Karldar
posted September 20, 2002 10:40 PM            
LOL Ok, kv-that makes a little more sense. I thought item 2a. meant that the clan council wanted LWA to stop recruiting people. Oopsie...

IP:

coaxs
posted September 20, 2002 11:52 PM            
LOL, that does sound like it has a double meaning.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

-DNX-Ni
posted September 21, 2002 09:11 AM            
ahhhhh *seeing some light*

IP: