This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2  |
Author Topic:   The Silver Griffin Awards!!!
Sage
posted September 15, 2002 12:02 PM            
Ladies and Gentlemen, ZEA is proud to present the Silver Griffin Awards of TM.
As the ZEA leader, I will be hosting the first awards for those amazing TM’ers out there.
So far there are thirteen categories but there could be more……

I'll post more to keep you guys updated.

IP:

Irascible
posted September 15, 2002 01:49 PM            
Silver Griffin... perhaps that would be Merv Griffin's precious metals division? He use to be Bill Gates like in stature you know - that is except for all the evil. Nevermind, you're much too young to know who he was.

IP:

Sage
posted September 15, 2002 03:15 PM            
Would that be the Entertainer?
Anyway Ras.......

It seems that theres a little situation.
One of the categories is Best mod pack, like JV's Storm pack. But I don't want there to only 2 so, if anyone is planing on making one sometime soon or A2597 can finish his, then maybe we can have some real competition.

IP:

Sage
posted September 15, 2002 03:32 PM            
Ok, heres what I have planned......
I'm going to post a link to a poll and you simply pick who you want to win. Pick as many as three people, but you "CANNOT" pick yourselves, your map, mod tank, anything of your own. Each poll will last exactly 2 weeks from the time the link was posted.

IP:

Sage
posted September 15, 2002 04:01 PM            
Ok, i'm working on the first poll, Best Tank, so if you want yours in there and its real new you better get it out there....

IP:

Sage
posted September 15, 2002 06:37 PM            
Ok, the first poll is ready: Best Tank http://boards.gamers.com/messages/overview.asp?name=sagetmboard

IP:

Sage
posted September 16, 2002 03:07 PM            
Com'on people, its not really a Award Show if no one participates, heres the link: http://www.misterpoll.com/751313147.html

please choose at least three tanks.

IP:

A2597
posted September 16, 2002 05:42 PM            
just a small side note:
the High Res mod will be ready befor ethe GROPOS I think.
The High Res mod is something that is pretty much an optional thing. if you have it, you can still play on stock servers, with stock maps, and the mod will work. (Other then certain effects such as tank death)
if the server runs it, people without it can play on the server, explosions and weapon effects will look better, but not as good as if you DLed the mod.

basicaly, the mod replaces all skyboxes, ground textures, and certain weapon/explosions to a higher graphics level. Skyboxes are replaced with photo-real skyboxes, ground textures are replaced with 512x512 res images, etc. makes things look MUCH better.

------------------
### Hi, I'm a sig virus. Please add me to the end of your signature so I can take over the world. ### - Caught from excaliber @ B5mg.com

Flying Tanks and Cookie Dough?
Oh, wait, no. If tanks were ment to fly they would have been born with little bags of salted peanuts.

IP:

Sage
posted September 18, 2002 03:30 PM            
Ok, thats it, I'm shutting down this whole Silver Griffin thing. Nobodys paying attention.

You know, when someones trying to do something nice for the community, you should respect them and give them the attention that they deserve, Like with Matrix. He has done much for this community and doesn't seem like he ever got the respect and support that he really deserved. Which is one reason why he's leaving!!! I talked to him on "a" instant messager and he told me that he doesn't want to be apart of this community any more, other then playing online, thats it. I tried to convince him that he should stay but he proved his point. Now even I'm considering leaving this place a finding new territory.

Think about it, who's really supporting who?
Now that I think about it, non of us are really supporting LDA. They don't need ideas, or just players, they need financial-support. I mean its cool to go to sites and message boards and say things like: "hey thiers this really cool tank game called TM and I think you should check it out"? How many percent of those people do you really think actually come, probably a very small percent. If we really want to help out LDA, then we need to send them money, now that would really help them.

IP:

Irascible
posted September 18, 2002 08:34 PM            
As far as your first sentence goes, what did you expect? You raise something up the flag poll and get irritated if we don't salute? In case you haven't noticed, this game has (1) not many players compared to others and (2) has a much higher percentage of adults playing it than most. This may come as a shock, but adults have many responsibilities you can't even imagine yet. As such, the responsible ones guard their free time carefully. If they don't want to spend it thinking about what tank or map is best, then too bad. Not to mention the fact that they might have if you had pushed more. But you didn't even campaign that much.

As far as the second part goes, see Sailor's response in the other thread. It's only a game. Perhaps you should try playing it more (or even once) and stop trying to run it.

The third part was shockingly perceptive. The thing LDA needs the most is money. U R so right about that. Instead of trying to install yourself as a leader here, perhaps you should start the "Save LDA From Itself Foundation". That might actually be useful.

IP:

A2597
posted September 19, 2002 01:02 AM            
hey ras, you have the honor of being the first person I have ever said this to online:

Shut up.

------------------
### Hi, I'm a sig virus. Please add me to the end of your signature so I can take over the world. ### - Caught from excaliber @ B5mg.com

Flying Tanks and Cookie Dough?
Oh, wait, no. If tanks were ment to fly they would have been born with little bags of salted peanuts.

IP:

Irascible
posted September 19, 2002 01:04 AM            
I'm honored.

IP:

Irascible
posted September 19, 2002 01:09 AM            
And impressed.

IP:

Irascible
posted September 19, 2002 01:12 AM            
But I'm having some trouble with...

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
pfft, as more and more sites sprang up, it became HARDER and a tiny bit RARER to vist all of them. Thats why I made the goldant tool/forum bar. www.goldants.2ya.com its not ALL that good, maybe even a waste of time, it was my first site =)....... but time isn't something you can buy, only spend.

IP:

Irascible
... this thing you say:

IP:

Irascible
posted September 19, 2002 01:13 AM            
"Shut up."

IP:

Irascible
posted September 19, 2002 01:13 AM            
Perhaps it's a nautical term.

IP:

Irascible
posted September 19, 2002 01:14 AM            
As in, "Batton down the hatches."

IP:

Irascible
Or maybe,

IP:

Irascible
it's the opposite of shut down.

IP:

Irascible
posted September 19, 2002 01:15 AM            
In which case I am doing exactly as you requested.

IP:

Irascible
posted September 19, 2002 01:15 AM            
Hanging around Ant will do that to ya.

IP:

Irascible
posted September 19, 2002 01:17 AM            
Anyway, whatever it was, I'm sure it wasn't what it seemed.

IP:

Irascible
posted September 19, 2002 01:18 AM            
Cause it seemed like you were telling me to shut up.

IP:

This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2