This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2  |
Author Topic:   New Clan Council thread.
Sage
posted September 13, 2002 03:07 PM            
First off, what the heck is going on? I've been anticipating this meeting for a long time now and now I read that it isn't going to happen?

No Way....... This meeting is going to happen. There are things that need to be discussed. You can't just cancel it because of a few arguments.... Come on now, this is one Reason why Kevlar left, we never discussed anything, and therefor nothing got done. If we're going to be a good community we need to talk about stuff. If you want I'll find a place for chatting - but this meeting will happen.

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted September 13, 2002 03:37 PM            
I was wondering if Par's forum could support this, if Matrix is really gone. His forum supports on-line chat. Each clan could use it's own color, perhaps the one assigned in the DDM ladder? It would be public or private, depending on how it was chosen to be. Just another idea.

IP:

kv
posted September 13, 2002 04:34 PM            
I want to see this thing happen too.

But it looks like RL plans were made without my input, so I will most likely be unable to attend.

Can we start over and push this back a week?

------------------
Don't want to join a clan with so many requirements? Join LWA. Enrolement is open. Just contact any member listed on the LWA page and check out our new forums: http://home.woh.rr.com/kvorlon/LWA.htm

IP:

Irascible
posted September 14, 2002 02:50 AM            
Sage,

I am all for the idea of a clan council. But please don't invoke Kevlar's name incorrectly. I didn't agree with some of his conclusions, but here's a direct quote:
"And again my leaving is based on also based on Real Life issues, but I have no desire to tune in to the boards every few days to see yet another person use racism and freedom in the same breath."

So it was RL as well as his perception that this was becoming a racist community. There was nothing in his farwell thread about the lack of discussion. In fact, he lamented that there was too much non TM discussion:
/forums/archive/ubb/Forum4/HTML/000132.html

But before someone busts my chops again for something that wasn't done:
I'M ALL FOR THE CLAN COUNCIL! I'M ALL FOR THE CLAN COUNCIL! I'M ALL FOR THE CLAN COUNCIL! I'M ALL FOR THE CLAN COUNCIL! I'M ALL FOR THE CLAN COUNCIL! I'M ALL FOR THE CLAN COUNCIL! I'M ALL FOR THE CLAN COUNCIL! I'M ALL FOR THE CLAN COUNCIL! I'M ALL FOR THE CLAN COUNCIL! I'M ALL FOR THE CLAN COUNCIL! I'M ALL FOR THE CLAN COUNCIL! I'M ALL FOR THE CLAN COUNCIL! I'M ALL FOR THE CLAN COUNCIL! I'M ALL FOR THE CLAN COUNCIL! I'M ALL FOR THE CLAN COUNCIL! I'M ALL FOR THE CLAN COUNCIL! I'M ALL FOR THE CLAN COUNCIL! I'M ALL FOR THE CLAN COUNCIL! I'M ALL FOR THE CLAN COUNCIL! I'M ALL FOR THE CLAN COUNCIL! I'M ALL FOR THE CLAN COUNCIL! I'M ALL FOR THE CLAN COUNCIL! I'M ALL FOR THE CLAN COUNCIL! I'M ALL FOR THE CLAN COUNCIL! I'M ALL FOR THE CLAN COUNCIL! I'M ALL FOR THE CLAN COUNCIL! I'M ALL FOR THE CLAN COUNCIL! I'M ALL FOR THE CLAN COUNCIL! I'M ALL FOR THE CLAN COUNCIL! I'M ALL FOR THE CLAN COUNCIL! I'M ALL FOR THE CLAN COUNCIL! I'M ALL FOR THE CLAN COUNCIL!
I hope I was clear about that.

Scheduling of a clan council meeting would now be subject to Par's schedule as much as anything else (if he's willing to host it). I think he's got a wedding to deal with at the moment. Plus, it may or may not be successful if DNX doesn't want to attend. Matrix said "run it or ruin it". So I think it could still go forward with DNX's participation. Supe will no doubt comment on that. Par will probably have to represent BWL.

Good luck.

[This message has been edited by Irascible (edited September 14, 2002).]

IP:

Sage
posted September 14, 2002 11:35 AM            
Really?

Wow, now i'm convinced.

Thats good that your all for a clan council meeting Ras, but it still doesn't make a difference wether this meeting is going to happen or not.

Besides, your not even a clan leader. So it really doesn't matter what you think about this happening? No offense.

Anyway when should this happen - I think soon as possible.

------------------
It is smart to learn from a wise man.
It is wise to learn from a fool.

[This message has been edited by Sage (edited September 14, 2002).]

IP:

kv
posted September 14, 2002 12:21 PM            
ras may not be a clan leader, but he was supposed to be the BWL clan rep. His opinion does matter.

FYI: i'm not the LWA leader, just the rep.

IP:

Irascible
posted September 14, 2002 03:14 PM            
Wait for Par to chime in NeoKi and we'll see about scheduling then. Oh, and thanks for the support.

IP:

Sage
posted September 14, 2002 04:45 PM            
Wow really. You this is quite strange.
You are a clan rep. and yet you question why this should happen or the purpose of these meetings?

Anyway, nevermind. I'm just really bored and I think having little meetings like this would be cool, something to look forward to.

I love Life, and all if has to offer and I love you guys, you've given me some much, not just a game to play, but a new challeng and association. Hahahahahaha, Let TM LIVE ON !!!!!!!!!

IP:

Irascible
posted September 14, 2002 06:03 PM            
Wait for Par to chime in NeoKi and we'll see about scheduling then. Oh, and thanks for the support.

IP:

Paranor
posted September 15, 2002 01:37 PM            
Sage, you crack me up! Dreamer is the clan leader but he's extremely busy with important RL stuff. So whomever is available from BWL will give their input. And Ras's input does count as he'll prolly be one of the peeps attending. And for god sakes, drop the attitude.

[This message has been edited by Paranor (edited September 15, 2002).]

IP:

Irascible
posted September 15, 2002 01:45 PM            
So you can host Par?

IP:

Paranor
posted September 15, 2002 10:15 PM            
oh, I thought you wanted me to comment on sage.

Last time I played around it was working.

IP:

Irascible
posted September 15, 2002 10:54 PM            
We need to hear from DOG and DNX too. Otherwise there's little point.

[This message has been edited by Irascible (edited September 15, 2002).]

IP:

Sage
posted September 16, 2002 12:04 AM            
Just Because everybody can't come doesn't mean that it doesn't have to happen, the TM world does not depend on any one/two clans.

And what attitude, I've been waitin for thing since before the begining of last month, and people are just now setting things up? And why are we waiting on Paranor? Is he setting this up? I already told you guys that I'll set up a server for us to talk.

You know what - and this is something my friend told me, if you can't be organized maybe you don't need to be running a clan. I know that ZE's been on a halt for some time but I've already explaned that anyones welcome to leave as they wish.

Why does it seem that everyone here is so sour? I remember when TM was a paradise and I couldn't wait to settle down and play online. Now it seems like a whole different place. Wheres the fun, the excitement?
I know that RL is a factor in many events and "meetings", but come'on. We've made time for other eventsm why not this?

IP:

Irascible
posted September 16, 2002 12:49 AM            
The game is going through a natural evolution NeoKi. Every game eventually winds down in popularity. This game never really even wound up compared to how more popular ones do. Much of the "excitement" here was started and maintained by beta testers and other early players. All of them couldn't possibly be expected to maintain their involvement to the degree that they did indefinitely. So other things pull them away. I'm sure you noticed that Par, Supe and others are being seduced by Battlefield 1942. I don't know from experience, but I've heard stuff to the effect that the same thing happened to Battlezone.
(Now before some of you guys feel the need to pounce on me with, "Who are you to speak for us?!? We'll be TMer's forever!!!" - I'm just speaking in generalities. )

Not to mention the fact that there may just be seasonal ups and downs to this game like everything else in life. So who knows? It may get more "exciting" later. IF TM2 ever happens, then you'll get your excitement.

As far as sourness goes. The only thing I know of lately is my "discussions" (*cough*) with Matrix. Since the board has been slow otherwise, that may have colored your perception a bit (I dunno for sure, just guessing). Oh, and your uninformed comment to me above was a bit sour too. Hehe.

But back to the topic at hand:
What would be the point of a chat room meeting if all the clans weren't there? You couldn't make rules about clan wars and the like if all the clans weren't there to make their opinions known. And if it were non-clan issues then it would be inappropriate to discuss them anywhere else but here. Par's involvement would be that we'd be using his chatroom.

But do you want to know where the REAL fun is? Playing the game. So get your butt on a server and play!!!

[This message has been edited by Irascible (edited September 16, 2002).]

IP:

Paranor
posted September 16, 2002 12:11 PM            
I would agree with Ras. I know I'll play more when it's winter. And BF1942 is very nice. And I am loosing my enthusiasm but it's fall and I'm busy so maybe I'm just pooped.

Hey, if you have a chat server go for it! Don't have to use mine. Ras just happened to mention it.

IP:

Irascible
posted September 16, 2002 07:24 PM            
That's brilliant Par (or maybe just obvious?). I said seasonal. But I didn't actually think about the fact that it's summer and people are out and about (probably because I have no life so I'm a shut-in year round ). So that's why we have reruns during the summer! (OK, so I knew that. I don't know much, but TV I know. ).

BTW, I have seen a couple new faces lately. Yeah, I immediately thought alias name too. But one in particular insisted he was new and played particularly bad to prove it.

IP:

ARAGON
posted September 16, 2002 07:36 PM            
I am representing DOG. name the place and time. Don't care whose server.

You nailed it on the head Ras. Online games are seasonal. I don't play TM or any games much during July through October.

IP:

Paranor
posted September 17, 2002 12:02 AM            
Of course you don't play Aragon - you aren't good.

EDIT: Ras, did we just agree on something?

------------------
-How's it going bugalugs? I know bugger all and I'm buggered. So bugger off.
BWL-Paranor, BWL-Tiger, DNX-Tiggs and D.O.G.-Aragon.
Family. Redefined.
DDM Pics, schedule and other here!

[This message has been edited by Paranor (edited September 17, 2002).]

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted September 17, 2002 02:05 AM            
For the record I DO play other games but it dosen't interfere with TM at all

IP:

Irascible
posted September 17, 2002 02:47 AM            
So if Sage, Par, Aragon, etc setup and go to a chat room meeting is DNX there?

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted September 17, 2002 10:50 PM            
Please don't forget 666 to represent GoldenAnts.

IP:

glomund
posted September 18, 2002 01:00 PM            
i have been playing for 3 years before i even found you guys... and now that i have, i will always be here.

i am trying to get on these boards more now as well. it is so fun to lurk... i am in fact a certified lurker, i can show you my local lurker's card.

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted September 18, 2002 04:29 PM            
erm, but guys we don't need a council.... People have already taken care of things that they need to. A DDM or a Tournament is up to the person hosting the server, where did we ever change/go wrong? As for spawn fragging, I personally believe its kinda hard... you have to judge whether or not its a spawn when somebody pops up in front of you as your driving around. ON THE OTHER HAND, if everybody just goes for who they see theres no judgement involved. There can be no FOUL PLAY unless somebody is just camping under a spawn point. Of course we could try not to spawn each other..... but then there will always be the problem of whether it was fair or not. If everyone just goes for it as we have been everyone has an equal chance that is decided by the ulmighty authority of the RNG! =) Just my Opinion Anything that needs to be discussed can be discussed here, we don't need a council for these things. What i'd be more worried about is when all the millions (ye haw) of people come once TM2 comes out. They'll take whatever rules and make whatever rules they want. As one person said, "what do you mean how to handle them, they'll be handling us". Just open a thread for discussion and discuss, nothing complicated, No conficts with times, its a near perfect method.

IP:

Grind_and_Click
posted September 18, 2002 05:22 PM            
12 lines and no pfft?

oh man, i think im in the twilightzone

do do do do, do do do do, do do do do

IP:

This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2