|
Author Topic:   Pitch Control
John B.
posted September 09, 2002 10:17 AM         
So I've been farting around with settings. I know, you'd think after all this time, I'd have learnt the controls.

Anywho, apparently, I've always had the camera pitch control set on "follow the tank". Seems to be nicer to play in "follow the terrain" mode. Just curious as to what others are using.

IP:

Grind_and_Click
posted September 09, 2002 10:33 AM            
cammera attached to turret cammera follow the tank, cos its easyer to aim with that way

[This message has been edited by Grind_and_Click (edited September 09, 2002).]

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted September 09, 2002 10:48 AM            
I mix n match depending who im playing...

------------------
-=≡[▓▒░ √‬‬‬‬‬‬‬וּίŢ ĐX ώοſĽ Ć׀ﺁﭺκ ĦēŘ ▓▒░]≡=- ☺
-
ģ 2002 /\/\∩ŢŔİX

IP:

Random Chaos
posted September 09, 2002 12:33 PM            
Follow tank attached to turret or tank depending on what attack I plan.

I bind Caps Lock to the Mouselook key, then angle camera up slightly so I am looking more down at terrain. If you bind the Mouselook to Caps Lock, Scroll Lock, or Num Lock, it stays locked on as long as that mode is active unlike the right-mouse-button that activates it only as long as you press that mouse button.

I navigate by keyboard and only occasionally use the mouse for gameplay, so I don't disturb the camera angle.

If you accidentally screw up your view, press caps lock twice to reset to original mouselook view mode.

IP:

John B.
posted September 09, 2002 12:46 PM         
As far as turret or tank views. I use a gamepad and have a button set up to switch thos views, which I do quite often.

I still get lost driving with the turret spinning as the map rotates with the camera. Is there any way to force the map to follow the tank only?

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted September 09, 2002 01:15 PM            
One anomolie ive discovered is that occasionally tm will place the camera bang level with your tank and on its left hand side.... ive as yet been unable to escape from this camera angle and had to quit/restart tm to reset the view.

Odd...

------------------
-=≡[▓▒░ √‬‬‬‬‬‬‬וּίŢ ĐX ώοſĽ Ć׀ﺁﭺκ ĦēŘ ▓▒░]≡=- ☺
-
ģ 2002 /\/\∩ŢŔİX

IP:

Random Chaos
posted September 09, 2002 02:28 PM            
No you don't Matrix, just set the mouselook mode twice

As for the question about rotating the map with the camera, try the Follow Tank vs Follow Turret control (default key is M I think)

IP:

John B.
posted September 09, 2002 03:11 PM         
Yes I understand that. What I want is the camera to follow the turret (for shooting) and the map to follow the tank (for driving) at the same time. When the map rotates with the turret, I can't figure out which way I'm driving.

IP:

A2597
posted September 09, 2002 04:12 PM            
I have it setup for keyboard only, meaning arrows for movment, and Z,C for turret movment, X switches turret to follow terrain, or back to follow turret.

------------------
### Hi, I'm a sig virus. Please add me to the end of your signature so I can take over the world. ### - Caught from excaliber @ B5mg.com

Flying Tanks and Cookie Dough?
Oh, wait, no. If tanks were ment to fly they would have been born with little bags of salted peanuts.

IP:

KiLlEr
posted September 09, 2002 05:32 PM            
Crud, all I do is hit my right mouse button and point the camera wherever I need it.

IP:

Irascible
posted September 09, 2002 05:38 PM            
Crud? That's exactly what I do Killer virtually 100% of the time that I play.

IP:

Random Chaos
posted September 09, 2002 06:58 PM            
We know, Ras, we know...and we feel sorry for your skill.

IP:

mELON cRACKER
posted September 10, 2002 12:09 AM            
I set mine to None. It's less distracting. And the few views I miss don't seem to matter much anyway.
[BWL]mELONcRACKER

IP:

Random Chaos
posted September 10, 2002 12:34 AM            
I personally turn off my screen for that way I can never tell if I like the view mode or not

*just kidding*

IP:

John B.
posted September 10, 2002 09:59 AM         
Use the force

IP:

Robo Jaws
posted September 10, 2002 11:03 AM            
I have a very blinkered view I prefer to spin my tank (I know its not productive but I get motion sickness if I spin the turret).
Just A thought for the next version of TM (if it not too late) how about a small display of the turret view in one corner of the screen)

------------------
TM Tank drivers licence applied for

[This message has been edited by Robo Jaws (edited September 10, 2002).]

IP:

Irascible
posted September 10, 2002 11:05 AM            
I'm right there with you Robo. I never turn my turret.

IP:

Neo
posted September 10, 2002 01:06 PM            
me neither.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted September 10, 2002 01:58 PM            
I also am not used to turning the turret, i played bz for 4 years and it supports no turret on the tanks.. keybrd/mouse combo with the turret only if im taking a suicide run and veer off, or in a dire situation where i have to turn fast enough to frag someone on my immediate side. turning the tank base as well as the turret increases the overall rotation speed.

"Who needs the force when you got a crowbar handy! lol"

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted September 11, 2002 01:34 AM            
hrmm, I use z and c for turret, and I switch between turret/tank with x (oh ya). No mouse involved, unless im feeling very funky and I wanna try something different. *wants a 3d view, where you can see every direction at once, just wrapping around screen, you can see front of tank in middle and slowly movcing towards outside the back, on the left and right sides. NO MORE CAMERA PROBLEM! Then you guys can learn to flick your turret around and fire and drive like me *dances*.

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted September 11, 2002 01:56 AM            
I have GOT to play with some of these camera angles. I hate going over a hillside and NOT being able to see the tanks at which I would like to take aim.
I, too, have problems with turning my turrent and having the camera there, and then getting discombobulated with driving on a map that is catty-whompus.

IP:

glomund
posted September 11, 2002 12:52 PM            
camera following tank

free turret

if you are going over rough terrain, click and hold right mouse buttom and don't move mouse, whilst steering with arrows. this totally removes rough terrain feedback, as well as allows you to have a level view when going over a hill if one is on the other side of said hill.

release right button if you need to strike a target above/below you when you are going up/down hill.

IP: