This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2  |
Author Topic:   Kudos to Ferdi
=DNX= Matrix
posted September 08, 2002 09:32 PM            
Played against Ferdi the other night and the guy was racking up points like nobodys business. Ruthless to the last, cleaning up 1 on 1 tag battles and lord knows how he survived most of the assaults bet he did manage to limp away most of the time.

Even bumped me away as i spawned (without firing) to grab a shadow (then fired) lol

The guy plays tm like he was born in the back of a dwarf ( insert funny comment here ) And kudos to him, no swearing, no cussing, just pure deathmatch fun, and despite being amazed that this guy can give ras a run for his money, I tried like hell and couldnt even get close.

My hats off to ya - wish more players were so skilled.

------------------
-=≡[▓▒░ √‬‬‬‬‬‬‬וּίŢ ĐX ώοſĽ Ć׀ﺁﭺκ ĦēŘ ▓▒░]≡=- ☺
-
ģ 2002 /\/\∩ŢŔİX

IP:

Irascible
posted September 08, 2002 09:49 PM            
Not only that, but he got his second DDM win tonight and prevented me from sweeping the games. The ranking has been updated: http://www.geocities.com/coaxs/ranking.html

He may have won a place on the skill ladder too: http://www.geocities.com/coaxs/skill.html
But we won't know until I get a screen shot of game three.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted September 08, 2002 10:49 PM            
So what ya saying Ras is that if we had im' in DNX you'd be a mite upset by being stomped all over by the SuperFerdiCoax team

------------------
-
ģ 2002 /\/\∩ŢŔİX

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted September 09, 2002 03:57 AM            
Ha...maybe I should miss a few ranked so I can get off everyones' Kool-aid and they might have a good chance taking you Ras

Ferdi is very good.Too many good players slugging it out at DDM's.Ras is from the future and is 90% machine.And I'm rambling

IP:

Paranor
posted September 09, 2002 08:22 PM            
I'll be stuck in 3rd/4th place hell (assuming I will ever take over Neo. )

IP:

{D.O.G} Ferdi
posted September 10, 2002 02:03 AM         
Making me blush here ~sniff~. Thanks, well I'll need a Road Runner infusion before I can topple Ras. We dialup guys can only aim, fire, close our eyes and hope for the best when he's around. As far as a SuperFerdiCoax trifecta is concerned, I think that it would be a tad overkill. But the lure of the =DNX= darkside is strong and one day I may succumb to its pull.

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted September 10, 2002 02:09 AM            
Exqeeze me?Umbakingpowder?You thinking about DNX?!!!!.......Muhaha Muhahahhaah Muhahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.A Evil Ferdi?

IP:

Irascible
posted September 10, 2002 02:35 AM            
Yeah, a little Road Runner infusion... or fragging your own teammate to get his shadow might help too... well... that is, only if you don't know the player is actually me... but we won't go there... :^P :^P :^P

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted September 10, 2002 02:59 AM            
Very selfish attitude Ira.... In a Team, the Team's Score counts not an indeviduals, so if a better player hunches me outa the way to get the shadow, and i know he will use it to maximum effect, i wont mind.

If that was a ddm situation, its the difference between winning and losing. And Ferdi takes no prisoners... which makes him the perfect battle player.

If he learns to back people up a bit more instead of being gung-ho; i believe he would twok even your ass in a teamgame ras I do not know if he noticed, but i was tryin to back him up while he was on my team - granted im not too good a player - but i do my best. I was also teamed with Cemetry, who IS a good team player, saved my butt a few times that night and even saved the shadower for me once.

Dont be a loner Ras.. learn teamwork..

------------------
-
ģ 2002 /\/\∩ŢŔİX

IP:

Irascible
posted September 10, 2002 03:20 AM            
WT-mother-F are you talking about Matrix? I was content to give Ferdi a friendly jibe and leave it at that. But since YOU OBVIOUSLY DIDN'T READ AND UNDERSTAND what I said then I'll explain it:

The attempt was made by my teammate to frag me with a flamer when I ALREADY HAD the shadow. The funny part is he failed miserably at it even though I had no clue it was coming. When I asked that teammate wtf he was doing, his response was "I don't know you." I'll leave the follow up comments I got the game after that to your imagination. And in case you haven't figured it out, I was playing with an alias. So that person thought it acceptable to frag an unknown teammate to get his weapon. Now please tell me know who the heck is selfish?

Don't make yourself look like a dolt Matrix... Learn to read...

[This message has been edited by Irascible (edited September 10, 2002).]

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted September 10, 2002 10:00 AM            
I don't care to get involved in your petty squables with other players Ras.... I read it just fine.... I was merely offering advice based on watching your and ferdi's team skills.

I may not be a good player, but ive been clanning a long time and i know good teamplay when I see it, I also see the "im the only tank out here and im the best anyway so it doesnt matter" attitude being used from time to time.

The thing that rally niggles ya is.... when is it more important that your tank and your score dont count ? .. answer ? ... when the team score is what matters and you sacrifice your tank to help a fellow player attain a higher score for the team.

Ill take cruises n nukes for a good player if they reward those efforts with more kills than mine just cost the team.

Weather or not he flames you for your shadow or not is between you and him... Perhaps he thought he could be more effective with it LOL !

"ok that just earned me some serious death on the field lol"........

------------------
-
ģ 2002 /\/\∩ŢŔİX

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted September 10, 2002 10:01 AM            
Can I also ask..... why do you feel the need to consistantly play under alias ?

------------------
-
ģ 2002 /\/\∩ŢŔİX

IP:

Irascible
posted September 10, 2002 10:54 AM            
You've gone off your rocker mate. You don't care to get involved in a petty squabble? Are we living on different planets? Do we not speak the same language? Because here on Earth, and in the language we call English, YOU'VE ALREADY DONE IT!!! Namely, some jerk off teammate decides his score is more important than acting civilized AND THEN YOU CALL ME SELFISH!!!

I don't even know what else to say. To recap: My teammate attempted an incredibly selfish act, lower than spawn fragging, and I'm the selfish one? I don't care if you've been clanning since the days of pong, you apparently don't know shiat.

As far as the alias goes, that doesn't have a d@mn thing to do with anything. But if you must know, I think people play better against me if they don't know it's me. I know back in the day, just seeing that my opponenet was Supe would make my pulse quicken a little and put me on edge. I want to save what little psychological effect my name may have for DDMs.

IP:

Irascible
posted September 10, 2002 11:03 AM            
BTW, just so there's no misunderstanding, you may have noticed that I haven't used "his" name once in this thread. That's because my last two posts aren't about "him". They're about some incredibly warped/communistic idea of justice being promoted by our most preeminent clanner named Matrix. I doubt even "he" would be so foolish as to defend the fragging of a teammate.

But, I definitely want to play on Matrix's team from now on. He apparently doesn't mind being fragged by his teammate for his weapons.

IP:

{D.O.G} Ferdi
posted September 10, 2002 11:10 AM         
Hey Ras, if it will make you feel better for me to admit that I did in fact try to take your shadow then fine I admit it. And the "I don't know you comment" was meant to rattle you. I knew perfectly well it was you. All I had to do was see the 100 ping and the high frag count and put 2 and 2 together. In fact I wouldn't have done it to anyone else but you. It's all in fun though. I've been on your case a little bit ever since that night I wasted you and your ego couldn't take it and you started death wishing yourself left and right. And then I made that unfortunate, "You're a pussy Ras" comment. All that is water under the bridge for me anyway; how about you?

IP:

Neo
posted September 10, 2002 12:55 PM            
Par if you ever pass me, I'll be forced to come out of hibernation.

IP:

Neo
posted September 10, 2002 01:03 PM            
P.S. I think team damage should be turned OFF for DDMs, or at least ranked ones.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted September 10, 2002 01:47 PM            
Methinks Ras is about to pop a bloodvessel :p

Teamplay means thinking of the team score, not the indevisual one - plain n simple. If ive grabbed a ramdrill thats say.. 3x loaded and dont have a clue how do do the most damage with it, and next to me is a team mate who knows how to use it to the full effect, then its worth my 1 life if he takes 4 for it; weather i DW or amd teamfragged makes no difference because right now its the only way to relinquish the weapon without spending it.

This is called "looking at the bigger picture"... course some people just dont have the ability to think that way.

Like i said before, in the word TEAM there is no I. I was a pleasure to play on ferdi's team, just to watch him play, the guy was racking up points faster than you can relax a muscle.

Perhaps the real reason you use alias, is that nobody will come near you in matches.. the intimidation thing.... only ppl thta will take you on are the bigger better players like coax and supe, everyone else to you is nothing more than an insect.... there to be crushed, owned, easily defeated... and kudos to ya that you have that effect on people; but let people give out a compliment where its due. Look at the name of this thread ... did it have your name in it or invite you to flame it because you had a bad match ? NO it didnt.

So accept the miracle and move on.... there is nothing to be gained from all your ego whining.

You didnt see the point of thrashing things like this out in a council meeting, you made that plainly obvious, a tread to whit nobody has added to since at 22 posts, instead opting to thrash it out here on the forum, flaming the crap outa each other to prove a point... so why is it so hard to accept another players point of view ?

I gave a compliment to a player - thats all, but like ferdi said, "if it helps your ego" lol.

Too much caffine m8, need to come down a few steps lol.... ya takeing this WAY too seriously.. you may even be RIGHT !! *god i agreed with im lol* but like ferdi said again *id only do it to you ras* - perhaps your intimitadion methods are now coming back to bite you in the ass.

The DMF Doctor says : Take a Chill Pill !

Lol......

------------------
-
ģ 2002 /\/\∩ŢŔİX

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted September 10, 2002 01:53 PM            
Oops, forgot to respond to this...

"I definitely want to play on Matrix's team from now on. He apparently doesn't mind being fragged by his teammate for his weapons. "-Ras

Yup, youre more than welcome on my team Ras, and if i get the shadower youre quite welcome to frag me for it... because im aware of the damage you know how to inflict on the other team with it facilitating our teams victory.

And yes you can quote me on that lol....

------------------
-
ģ 2002 /\/\∩ŢŔİX

IP:

Irascible
posted September 10, 2002 09:33 PM            
Matrix,

It's unacceptable to frag a teammate to get his weapon unless he invites you to do it. Period. I was a ticked that it was attempted. I gave what's his face a jibe about it. And you said I was selfish!!! What part of that don't you understand? All your mindless ramblings about team play are irrelevant to that point.

And in case you still don't get it, one last time, real slow:

A . t e a m m a t e . a t t e m p t e d . t o . f r a g . m e . f o r . m y . w e a p o n . . Y o u . s a i d . t h a t . I . w a s . s e l f i s h . f o r . b e i n g . t i c k e d . . H o w . s t u p i d . i s . t h a t ?

IP:

Irascible
posted September 10, 2002 10:23 PM            
What's your face,

"if it will make you feel better for me to admit that I did in fact try to take your shadow then fine I admit it"
-Feelings are irrelevant.

"And the "I don't know you comment" was meant to rattle you."
-Yeah, that makes sense. Let's see. Statements to rattle: "Kiss my @ss butthead." "Go to he!! @sswipe." And the most famous of all, the one everyone knows: "I don't know you." That rattles them every time. OR, perhaps the real explanation is that that statement meant exactly what it's words mean. You were acting like a low class dog does and tried to take an unknown teammates weapon.

"In fact I wouldn't have done it to anyone else but you."
-And that's because? WTF does that mean? I deserve to get the @sshole treatment because of who I am? You and Matrix seem to think there's virtue in singling me out. You're both nuts.

"It's all in fun though."
-Yeah, U R right. What was I thinking? Calling someone a female private part and trying to frag him for his weapon is certainly on top of my list of fun things to do. Sheesh. Do you even read your own words after you type them? Excuse me for a moment while I pull my fingernails out with pliers. That's fun too.

"I've been on your case a little bit ever since that night I wasted you and your ego couldn't take it and you started death wishing yourself left and right."
-And what night would that be? I'm unaware of any night in which you "wasted" me. Unless you were the idiot with the bastardized version of Guido's name that included "Osama" that one night. That would be the night where I challenged Osama Guido to a one on one. In fact, the Osama Guido was the one who called me female genitalia. So you've admitted that was you. Excellent. (For those of you in the listening audience: I sent Osama Guido a message a few days ago on ICQ. It said, Hi Ferdi.. At least one of us is putting two and two together.) I'm not sure, but I think RC may have something to say about that. He apparently witnessed some unhappy stuff when he was playing with Osama Guido before I came on. BTW the comments I was referring to were the remarks concerning Catholic priests and children, not the reproductive part remark. You're just chock-full of classy comments, aren't you?

"All that is water under the bridge for me anyway; how about you?"
-Let's see. You make a lame @ss lie about the meaning of "I don't know you." The next thing you know you're going to start a Clintonian debate on what the definition of "is" is. You state that you reserve such treatment for me as if I'm deserving somehow. Though I'm sure you'd do that to anyone you "didn't know". Then you lie about "death wishing left and right" when it was exactly once and it was a frag Osama Guido hadn't earned anyway. It sounds like you're defending your actions, not regretting them.

Yes, it's water under the bridge (well, at least when were done with this thread). But it won't be because of anything you did here. It'll be because when I'm playing on a server I don't care one wit what sort of jerk is on the other end, as long as he keeps classless ways to himself.

As the original use to say as well as the Osama version might say:
Fun.

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted September 10, 2002 10:59 PM            
Hmm...this thread got strange in 24 hours

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted September 10, 2002 11:13 PM            
Dude you really need that chill pill b4 u explode.... the fact that its a strategy you cant accept means nothing to a team that maybe built on that strategy.

I dont negate your ego, your skill or your strategy, but for gods sake dont hit on people or teams that use a different strategy to you. Ok he was on your team and you didnt know which is as you say "out of order"... I looked at this point when i stated ferdi needed to concentrate more on teamplay technique; *"whispers" - Or did you miss that bit ... ?*

Ferdi's strategy maybe obscure, unorthadox maybe even maddening to you and others, but its valid and it works - period.

As for name-calling... well $hit happens when youre on heat dont it. I was killed by a cruise today that was 10m to my extreme right, in fact it was only just visible on screen and passed my tank... still took me out tho and while i was fuming here at the comp is sheer disbeleif... a still typed "gs".

But if youre not willing to discuss strategies in a controlled environment (something you DONT WANT), instead preffering to argue your case here, stop shooting people down for having their own point of view... Indeed, style of gameplay is as indevidual as a clans identity, something you claim to cherish, something that should be maintained. So why do you ascribe that to a clan and not a player. Youre kinda shooting yourself in the foot here - but will you dig the hole deeper - i wonder...

Strategy is strategy, and differing people have differing values over what they consider valid. Of course theres rights and wrongs to it, im sure the peeps youve spawnfragged or deathwished on also have a few words to put ur way. So like I say - accept ppl for what and who they are, and move on. Nobody here is squeeky clean... but so far youre the only one shouting ! and right now youre a very bright light in a very dark room; and despite appearances and palm-off's, the floor is most definately yours.

I am as entitled as anyone here to complement a player on a good game - so in the final analysis "shut your fat trap" or dance more for me monkey boy

" All in fun of course "

[This message has been edited by =DNX= Matrix (edited September 10, 2002).]

IP:

Irascible
posted September 11, 2002 12:08 AM            
Matrix,

Fragging me for my weapon is not strategy. It's selfishness. You're attempt to defend it is not the discussion of strategy. It's obfuscation of my complaint. Your constant berating of me as selfish, something that you can't prove or even cite, is not relevant to this discussion. It's character assassination.

When people log onto a server, they have not discussed strategy before being randomly assigned to a teammate. And if I were to accept your explanation for his selfish act as being "strategy", then it was a poor one because I would be the better teammate to have the weapon.

I was thinking the same thing to myself earlier. That is, just keep talking Matrix. The readers will judge for themselves.

If you've got balls enough, start a poll on this EXACT situation.
1. You log on to a game server and get randomly assigned to a teammate.
2. You pick up a shadow and use it once.
3. Then, your teammate frags you and takes the shadow. You haven't even talked to that teammate. There was no discussion of strategy. You hardly even know him. He just frags you unannounced and takes it.
-Poll question: Is that OK?
My God man, have you lost all sense that you'd think the responses would be yes? Just keep talking.

As far as my actions go: I haven't used an alias name as an excuse to act like an @ss. I avoid spawn fragging during non-ddms. And on those occasions where I "slip", and it's not often, I apologize for it. As far as death wishing goes, it happens on occasion when I get mad. I don't defend it. And unlike you, I don't call it an "obscure strategy". LOL!!! Teammate fragging to take their weapon is an obscure strategy... I'm still digesting that one.

You can compliment any player you like. But when you defend the worst sort of selfish act as an "obscure strategy" and call me the selfish one for not liking it, then we're going to tango (you wanted dancing). Just keep talking.

IP:

{D.O.G} Ferdi
posted September 11, 2002 12:42 AM         
Ras,
Do I defend trying to take your shadow:HELL YES!. That's what you derserve for death wishing during that game and several others. And if Mr. Moral absolute wants to get clued in on something that might shatter his anti-Clintonian worldview, that's cheating. What goes around comes around. So what does a cheating pussyboy do besides make excuses (Clintonesque no), he himself makes up a lie about me not knowing him because it makes himself feel better about being so bloody transparent with his aliases. And the "I don't know you" comment apparently did rattle you as this thread's less and less passive-aggressive attack on me plainly shows. BTW, pussyboy was all (wimper, wimper" just cause you don't know me doesn't mean you can be so mean". I wonder if he's still having nightmares after all this time. Poor sensitive Ras. There there. Maybe you can talk it over with the penetenciary therapist when your "Feeliings are irrelevant" yet strangely indignant posture explodes one day in a fit of co-worker killing, conservative radio saturated killing mayhem. Sorry Spock, yo' **** don't fly. Instead of whining perhaps your hours could be better spent cleaning your weapons stockpile and wishing for a rightous rain to come and sweep all of us infidels to hell. And it's pussy, **** or if you prefer snatch, not "female private part". What are you 12. Grow they hell up already.

IP:

This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2