|
Author Topic:   Keyboard Hosed?
wolfman
posted August 30, 2002 08:13 PM            
Having problem with keyboard when I am online. No problems when I am playing single on the pc. Did fresh install of TM and reconnect on keyboard and mouse. Wondering if anyone has any ideas - other than buy a new keyboard lol Thanks

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted August 30, 2002 11:05 PM            
Im guessing your game isnt responding to your keys - ie, your tank or turret wont turn for a few seconds, then control is treturned - if this is so, dont fret, i get it, gc gets it etc so it must be a fairly common thing.... perhaps lag, perhaps a game bug, who can tell.

------------------
-=≡[▓▒░ √‬‬‬‬‬‬‬וּίŢ ĐX ώοſĽ Ć׀ﺁﭺκ ĦēŘ ▓▒░]≡=- ☺
-
ģ 2002 /\/\∩ŢŔİX

IP:

Random Chaos
posted August 31, 2002 12:40 AM            
Its generally the result (if its what Matrix suggested) of high ping (say...500+) and/or packet losses and drops.

Examine your network connectivity before anything else...I think most First Person Shooters have built in packet/ping graphing functions - thats a good way to tell if you're getting packet loss and misdirection.

IP:

Grind_and_Click
posted August 31, 2002 11:18 AM            
yeah thats right, when your ping gets beyond a certain area usualy in the 5 - 600 ping area, "turret jolt" (that wigly thing the turret does cos of lag when you try and turn it) goes into another extreem and it is imposible to control and it goes every where

IP:

wolfman
posted September 01, 2002 05:30 PM            
Appreciate the help = problem seems to have corrected itself - don't know if it was from changing the refresh rate to 3k or not. JT

IP:

Random Chaos
posted September 01, 2002 05:42 PM            
Could be - what sort of connection are you playing on? If you have the byte rate set higher then your connection can handle it can do screwy things with pings and thus controls.

IP:

wolfman
posted September 01, 2002 10:17 PM            
I play on Cable - Broad Band - who knows might of been the Cable service local. Ping was in normal range. Been working fine.

IP: