This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2  |
Author Topic:   -one on one challenge-
Irascible
posted August 27, 2002 11:30 PM            
I played with a trash talker tonight. He didn't talk especially dirty or anything - though his screen name was not exactly intelligent.

Anyway, I know he visits the board. So I thought I would invite the coward to a one on one. Stock maps, no nukes, no cruise missiles, no evil, 20 frags or 20 minutes, best two out of three. I'm sure someone would set up the server for us.

He said he'd love to play me again but was out of time. Here's his chance.

IP:

Random Chaos
posted August 28, 2002 12:27 AM            
WHICH one was it tonight? I seem to recall more then one

IP:

Random Chaos
posted August 28, 2002 12:47 AM            
Oh, and Ira - were you on tonight (about 11-12 EST and also about 7 or 8 EST)? Reason I'm asking is someone was playing with your name if it wasn;t you...

IP:

Irascible
posted August 28, 2002 01:08 AM            
Yeah, I came on on two separate occasions. Trash boy was the first time.

And for someone's information (not yours RC ) on the second occasion my breaker tripped (window AC overloads the bedroom circuit sometimes) and I was out of a game for 45 seconds (had the comp and cable modem on a UPS but not the monitor). That's why my tank sat in front of a nuke and someone nuked me with it!!!!!!!!!!!! Man that pisses me off!!!! I need a vacation.

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted August 28, 2002 01:10 AM            
too bad we can't all come to watch

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted August 28, 2002 03:41 AM            
But Ras...they goes against your playing style to challege someone to a one on one Ahh..I could go into depth but I'll leave it as is

What was their playing name?

IP:

Irascible
posted August 28, 2002 04:00 AM            
U R right. Though that is not the first time I've challenged someone. I just never did it on the board and they never took me up on it.

And feel free to go into depth. With so much insight and wisdom, it would be a shame to not share it. Mind you, I already know the diagnosis. Worse than that, I know the prognosis. I am pretty introspective after all. But maybe others are curious about Dr. Unknown's insights into the depths of my mind. And who knows? Maybe you'll cure me of this addiction we call TM and I'll be set free of its shackles.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted August 28, 2002 07:42 AM            
Could this be a case for the DMF Doctor to solve i wonder

super, i challenge u to play the winner of ras's challenge on his apparently weaker opponent. LMAO

*why call it a challenge when by the sound if it, it clearly isnt anyway* lol, difficult to bask in the glory of a win against such a feeble opponent. for if hes a trashchatter as you say, then i assume he must have died alot !

------------------
-=≡[▓▒░ √‬‬‬‬‬‬‬וּίŢ ĐX ώοſĽ Ć׀ﺁﭺκ ĦēŘ ▓▒░]≡=- ☺
-
ģ 2002 /\/\∩ŢŔİX

IP:

Random Chaos
posted August 28, 2002 08:56 AM            
Ras: Nice that you have an UPS - I wish I had one of those...maybe one of those once bigger then a standard tower

IP:

Grind_and_Click
posted August 28, 2002 12:18 PM            
CLASH OF THE TITANS

IP:

Paranor
posted August 28, 2002 02:24 PM            
Ras, I think you forget that everyone trash talks you.

Ok - maybe me. Under my breath. grrr...

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted August 28, 2002 03:47 PM            
I'm just suprised you would challenge someone.I doubt the person would ever take that challenge and let everyone know who they were.They have a fake name to hide behind so they would say stuff they wouldn't dare say to you face to face.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted August 28, 2002 06:34 PM            
Fight.... Fight.... Fight.... Fight....

------------------
-
ģ 2002 /\/\∩ŢŔİX

IP:

Random Chaos
posted August 28, 2002 07:05 PM            
I just went onto the LDA server (ping was too high to play though ) - someone had the name Challenge Accepted Ras

--RC

IP:

Irascible
posted August 28, 2002 07:33 PM            
Exactly right Supe. I put this up because I knew the idget would read it but not be able to respond without giving away his identity - which he won't do because he's a coward hiding behind an alias.

So RC, if that was really him: He can ICQ me with the name he played under, who he really is, his departing words and that special little name he gave me during the game. Only he could come up with all those facts. Then we can get it on.

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted August 28, 2002 10:15 PM            
So are we going to get details?

Once again I'm wishing we could log IP's and do something about it.I don't like the idea of having servers wide open where anyone can say and do what they want.

IP:

Grind_and_Click
posted August 28, 2002 10:24 PM            
thats right supe its not a good call , kiking features need to be improoved

this guy seems a looser anyway why even bother, but hey go for it ras, hes target practise for you, but hes great at killing AI's he even won dooing it! =O lol

IP:

coaxs
posted August 28, 2002 10:26 PM            
Yes, LDA needs more security features in the next update. That's what I'll be mainly pushing for when the new beta comes out.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

Irascible
posted August 28, 2002 10:47 PM            
There's no details to give Supe. I won't play an anonymous bozo. And I won't do a one on one on a regular server. The last time I did that (1v1 on a reg server) was probably 8 to 10 months ago and Vlad cleaned my clock... with the help of a nuke. He probably would have won anyway, but if it's going to happen again then it will happen by skill as much as is possible in this game. I know you can appreciate that Supe.

I told bozo that tonight on ICQ. We'll see if he cares to reveal himself. You can say hi to him on ICQ 168317970 if you like. He fragged more AIs than me once yesterday. He seems to think lightening strikes twice.

BTW, just so we're clear: I am not and haven't accused bozo of doing anything especially wrong (other than making one quick homosexual remark - I'm recovering, thanks - sniff). The trash talking I refer to was mostly game play related. But I think there may have been things going on before I logged on. That I don't know.

[This message has been edited by Irascible (edited August 28, 2002).]

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted August 28, 2002 11:08 PM            
For what its worth he plays like guido. (No thats not a slam, thats an observation)... As grind will tell ya he's quite good at reloading the shadower too, what was it grind, 127 ammo when you found it ? lol

Anyway, he said he'd be back on at midnight for ya ras, funny thing is WHAT TIMEZONE ! - *klunk klunk klunk - hello ... McFly !!*

------------------
-
ģ 2002 /\/\∩ŢŔİX

IP:

Irascible
posted August 29, 2002 12:07 AM            
"For what its worth he plays like guido. (No thats not a slam, thats an observation)"

Hmmm. I would have thought that a slam. LOL! Just kidding Guido old (*cough*) buddy, old (*gag*) pal.

There was a Guido on at the same time he was on yesterday. But these days, who knows what identity is what? I could really be an alter ego of Supe. And when Supe is on as Ras, then his brother Venom might be on as Supe just to make it convincing. And when Supe, Ras (actually Supe and Venom) AND Venom are on - then maybe Venom is really Par. Think about it. When have you seen Supe, Par, Ras AND Venom all on at once?? Scary. Hehe.

IP:

Random Chaos
posted August 29, 2002 12:13 AM            
Hmm...Matrix you weren't on yesterday (tues). There was someone named Guido on. And there was someone named Guido_(I_am_too_civilized_to_put_more) on (note: edit made to that last name by me).

They were playing at the same time. I have a feeling Ras is talking about this 2nd one, but I'm not sure. He kept changing the ending of his LONG name that was generally based arround insulting comments.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted August 29, 2002 07:22 AM            
Thats right RC, in fact the only time ive been on at length when u guys have was yesterday for about 3 to 4 hours.

Rare i get such a timespan to enjoy myself, still got my ass handed me on a plate tho lol, even worse in my 2nd game .. BY AI's !

By game 6 there was just me and sailor, kong left without so much as a by your leave so maybe his comp crashed... All i know is ai's were suiciding on me lol - after 9 ai self frags during a close battle, i called it a day and said g'night lol.

------------------
-
ģ 2002 /\/\∩ŢŔİX

IP:

Paranor
posted August 29, 2002 01:56 PM            
The minimum security update should be:

1) IP address and it's conntected tank game.
2) The ability for the server admin or someone preassigned based on their IP address playing to review the logs online.

Coax, what ideas did you have?

Yes, I admit - I'm Weatherman, Ras, Super, Venom, Aragon and Tiggs. Maybe even Dudy.

IP:

coaxs
posted August 29, 2002 03:34 PM            
3) The ability for someone preassigned by the server admin based on their IP address to be able to boot.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

[This message has been edited by coaxs (edited August 29, 2002).]

IP:

This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2