|
Author Topic:   Server
GoldAnt_Number1
posted August 25, 2002 01:21 AM            
ok, now that I got DSL! *yippy* I was thinking of making a server that goes up every once in a while. I was wondering if its possible to have something scan the logs (tm log scan) and then at the end say the text saying whos in 1st and how many deaths.....etc because on these maps there will be no frags, only deaths. Thank you very much in advance to taking time out of your busy lives to respond to this post. yes im talking to you, HAND OFF THE BACK BUTTON =) hehehe *watchs people stare in fear*

------------------
(: Can't forget those unside down smileys at the bottem can we (:

IP:

Cap-N-Jack
unregistered
posted August 25, 2002 10:31 AM           
HELP!!!!
i can't find the back button

got it

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted August 25, 2002 05:33 PM            
Capn, im assuming you were don't have some proggie that'll do this do you But you were just being kind and bumping this topic to the top for me (spammer LOL ). That was very kind of you hehehehe

IP:

CyberCannon
posted August 25, 2002 06:38 PM            
Now Crazy clan leader why would anyone want to hit the back button, uh what is the back button. I have bubbles floating all around me.

IP:

Cap-N-Jack
unregistered
posted August 25, 2002 11:56 PM           
ant did you say you wanted this on the top
of the page again
N/P

IP:

coaxs
posted August 26, 2002 05:27 AM            
Lol, this is the third time I read GA's post and I finally got it. Hmmm... I wonder if other people just glossed over it too?

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

Cap-N-Jack
unregistered
posted August 26, 2002 10:20 AM           
lol
back to the top
it goes

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted August 26, 2002 05:46 PM            
Real glad to hear you finally got broadband.Hope that means I'll see you on the servers now because lag was your excuse before

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted August 27, 2002 05:39 AM            
bump

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted August 27, 2002 07:13 PM            
Yep, I saw you on there last night Super, only problem is now one of my sisters turned evil digged through my stuff and discovered what TM was. She was right beside me playing, prehaps you saw "WILDTHING" on there, that was her Notice she has this strange affinity for typing werid cackling messages, dagnabit it might be a family trait, better hide the chat button

IP:

Neo
posted August 27, 2002 10:47 PM            
::gloss::

IP:

Random Chaos
posted August 27, 2002 11:04 PM            
I assume GA is going to make a worldkill map with no weapons...um...right.

As for scanning the log files, that can be done. You'd have to write the program. However there is no way to feed a realtime message into the server as far as I know. I'm sure you could get arround this to buffering something in memory to TM, however only LDA would know how to do that properly since undoubtedly you'd need to buffer it in the sopt where the server admin say messages are stored for a few seconds whild processing and then trigger TM to think you pressed the send button. Not sure at all how to do this...

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted August 28, 2002 01:17 AM            
up we go

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted August 28, 2002 03:38 AM            
I did see Wildthing but you acted like you didn't know the person yet you keep saying she was a girl

I think she got frustrated trying to frag me but she did a very good job trying if she is new to TM.Tell her to keep playing

IP:

Cap-N-Jack
unregistered
posted August 28, 2002 05:02 AM           
and back to the top we go

IP:

CyberCannon
posted August 28, 2002 01:29 PM            
Up up and away.

IP:

Teulk
posted August 28, 2002 03:51 PM            
Ride that pony!!!

IP:

coaxs
posted August 28, 2002 09:19 PM            
Sounds like GA needs help from Killer since this is for the SW mod I assume. You there Killer?

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

KiLlEr
posted August 28, 2002 10:35 PM            
Dunno what to say. You can't feed it into TM realtime (I ICQ'd with GA#1 at length), thats why I created the server status page. But then it exploded into a full blown stats site.

The only way to do something like that would be if LDA releases the source to TM (like ID, Lithtech, et al). But I don't see that happening anytime soon.

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted August 29, 2002 10:35 PM            
pfft, isn't there someway? can't you make the computer think something was type??? *crys* pfft

IP:

BamZipPow
posted August 30, 2002 03:31 AM            
You can find out the frag/deaths from the server line by typing /list. Couldn't you program that and have it check for the results at the end? Just curious...

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted August 30, 2002 09:50 PM            
hrmph, I don't know, I still think it should be able to at least make text in a file and copy/paste it to the chat thing (which would be highlighted)

IP: