|
Author Topic:   OOOPs
Teulk
posted August 23, 2002 03:01 PM            
I think I made a boo-boo...dld new weapons and tanks to the stock version of TM. Now all the games have these ridiculous weapons in them. Does this mean I need to re-load TM in this folder fro scratch (again)?

IP:

KiLlEr
posted August 23, 2002 03:09 PM            
Just delete the "addons" directory in that TM installation. That should be enough. If that dosn't work, then you need to reinstall.

IP:

Rex R
posted August 24, 2002 01:56 AM            
right, delete the AddOns folder, step 2) create a new AddOns folder, step 3) reinstall the flag pack and any maps that you like/need, step 4) when thats done make a zip file containing your basic addons folder store it elsewhere (the tm root folder will work). you should now be ready to play with whatever mods you like in the knowledge that you can dump them when you get tired of them without the bother of figuring out which files to get rid of(just do a delete addons, extract the basic stuff and away you go)

-6-

[This message has been edited by Rex R (edited August 24, 2002).]

IP:

Teulk
posted August 24, 2002 04:07 PM            
I tried ( and failed--SURPRISE) so I just dumpeder in the can and started over..didn't take too long, and I had the time. So I'm back to a strictly stock version (hopefully I'll remember not to add anything to this one again)..
I do have a question, though...when is enough mods enough?? It seems there is no end to the amount of mod maps and weapons (and tanks) that are available. Is there a limit to what the program canb handle?? I'll keep adding to the Mods version I have, but after awhile (and I think that time has passed) the weapons that come up on the screen are just too much!! And I haven't even started using any of the other tanks!!

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted August 25, 2002 07:41 PM            
I believe the magic number is 99

IP:

BamZipPow
posted August 26, 2002 07:39 PM            
/forums/archive/ubb/Forum9/HTML/000395.html

IP: