This topic is 5 pages long:   1  2  3  4  5  |
Author Topic:   TeamCTF Clan Challenge
KiLlEr
posted August 21, 2002 01:26 PM            
Okay, lets see if y'all would want to take part in this. I've been thinking about this ever since I released TeamCTF but pushed it to the back burner until everything was tested and there were enough vehicle choices.

Now, all that has come to pass.

I would like to organize a TeamCTF clan competition to show which clan can prove to has the brains when it comes to strategy. These are the ground rules:

1) Minimum 5 people on a team

2) One of the 5 will be the commander who will act as the guidance for the team. Given this high position, he/she is restricted to using the Hunter tank.

3) The rest of the players can use any other tank EXCEPT the hunter, keeping in mind that their purpose and job on the field.

The time and date for this event is still open. My suggestion would be a saturday (5pm EDT or later ) or Friday (7pm EDT or later). But I'm open for suggestions so long as we don't conflict with a DDM. I know the interst may be limited to an event like this, which is why I'm posting this.

I would like to make it a clan event (although only 2 clans can take part at a time, in the stricktest interpretation), because it makes the most sense as clan members have played together for a period, and teamwork is very important in TeamCTF because of the vehicle designs.

As far as maps go, I'm working on a new CTF map. Its will be a standard CTF style game. I also have the Tower and Parts Theif maps. The new map will be 2048x2048, but with plenty of landmarks to prevent the confusion that occurs in the Parts Thief Game. I can also run standard CTF maps. Here's the rundown of the current custom maps:

1) Parts Thief is a huge map in which you have a defending team and an attacking team. the Attacking team must locate a crate and carry it off to a landing platform. The defending team also must locate the crate. Once the box is captured, the game is over. The attacking team has 15 mins to locate and capture the box. There are 8 games, attacker/defender trade places 4 times. Problem is that it is a large map,and easy to get lost on. If your not familiar with how to play this map, you will be very confused. The game tends to run short as its over when the flag is captured.

2) Tower Raid also is an attacker/defender game. The attacking team must destroy the defending teams tower and capture the flag therein. The attacking team has a recharge platform which can recharge the health of the tower. The teams alternate attacker/defender roles. Winning a map intails capturing the flag as many times as possible. Each capture adds 10 to the frag count. The winner of the game is the one with the highest frag count. The problem with this map is that a big hole usually ends up where the tower is making it even more difficult to capture the flag.

3) The new map will be a standard CTF on a large playing field with varying terrain and obsticles. Depending on when the event takes place, this may or may not be a choice.

I can of course use standard CTF maps.

So here's what I set on the table as choices

1) When are people availible to play?
2) What maps would you like to see?
3) Is there enough intrest to make this a clan vs clan event?

the TeamCTF packs are here

and the documentation for the tanks and maps are here

If you are having problems with the pack PLEASE let me know by EMail, ICQ, or this forum.

[This message has been edited by KiLlEr (edited August 21, 2002).]

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted August 21, 2002 02:44 PM            
Sounds like fun.I'll play.

IP:

CyberCannon
posted August 21, 2002 07:05 PM            
That type of strategy was the best part of Tanarus. I would enjoy playing it.

IP:

KiLlEr
posted August 22, 2002 10:22 AM            
Including me, that means we need 7 more people at least.

IP:

Teulk
posted August 22, 2002 12:01 PM            
As always, I'm game....just name the time/place...I'll do my best, and my best to be there.

IP:

John B.
posted August 22, 2002 03:08 PM         
I would love to be there. I enjoy the team type play the best and the strategy in teamCTF should be great fun with all humans playing.

However, I'm gone for the next two weekends.

IP:

KiLlEr
posted August 22, 2002 03:47 PM            
No problem, at this rate it will take 2 weeks to get enough people

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted August 22, 2002 07:27 PM            
Sounds like a *great* idea killer, i'll have to try these maps out, never heard of them but they sound fun hehehe I'll run it by and see how many team members I can scratch up for the CTF

IP:

KiLlEr
posted August 22, 2002 11:43 PM            
Never heard of them? Thats what you always say. It's TeamCTF baby!!

new map is up have a look

[This message has been edited by KiLlEr (edited August 22, 2002).]

IP:

KiLlEr
posted August 23, 2002 12:24 PM            
Okay we have 6 people so far

4 to go

Hey John/Sage can u grab the rest of ZE?

IP:

KingTiger
posted August 23, 2002 01:15 PM            
Me to if i have the TIME!

IP:

KiLlEr
posted August 23, 2002 01:22 PM            
When do you have the time? The schedual is open for discussion, the above times and days are suggestions, as are the maps.

If y'all can give me a feel for your open timeslots, I can work out a schedual.

(7 up, 3 to go )

IP:

KingTiger
posted August 23, 2002 02:16 PM            
Short term: after 7pm EST around the 24th 26th.
Long term: I dont know.

IP:

CyberCannon
posted August 23, 2002 04:05 PM            
Map looks Fantastic KiLlEr. I need to download the packs though. Question, will I need to use a seperate install of TM?

[This message has been edited by CyberCannon (edited August 23, 2002).]

IP:

KiLlEr
posted August 23, 2002 04:16 PM            
If you have room on your HD, then yes. Just remember to rename the TeamCTF folder to AddOns and ignore the TeamCTF.bat file and run TM as normal.

IP:

CyberCannon
posted August 23, 2002 05:04 PM            
I still have plenty of space. Thanks for the info.

IP:

KiLlEr
posted August 24, 2002 12:44 PM            
I'll tentitivly schedule the event for:
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?day=6&month=9&year=2002&hour=20&min=0&sec=0&p1=179

As soon as I get a full list, I split up everyone into 2 teams. So far we have:

SuperUnknown
CyberCannon
KiLlEr
Teulk
John B.
GoldAnt_Number1
KingTiger

Let me know if the date and time is good. Need 3 more people and we have a game!

[This message has been edited by KiLlEr (edited August 24, 2002).]

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted August 24, 2002 12:53 PM            
im pretty sure Blue n Gold sue aka GA_Queen and GA#2_666 will wanna play, and well have to see if I can get another person to, must ask him though and find out

IP:

KiLlEr
posted August 24, 2002 01:19 PM            
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?day=6&month=9&year=2002&hour=20&min=0&sec=0&p1=179
is the time and date. Boomstick 3 is the place.
You'll need the following installed and working: http://www.boomstickjoes.com/treadmarks/dlmanager.php?FILE=TeamCTF_Client.zip http://www.boomstickjoes.com/treadmarks/dlmanager.php?FILE=TeamCTF_ExpPack1.zip http://www.boomstickjoes.com/treadmarks/dlmanager.php?FILE=TCTFDeathIsland.zip http://www.boomstickjoes.com/treadmarks/dlmanager.php?FILE=TCTF_PTUpdate.zip

These archives have been updated on August 25th,2002. If you dl'd them at an earlier date, you will need to get new copies.

[This message has been edited by KiLlEr (edited August 28, 2002).]

IP:

CyberCannon
posted August 24, 2002 01:33 PM            
Oohh Bad time for me KiLlEr. Busy with fire dept. fund raiser.

Does the dmquadmap go into my normal addons for normal TM play?

[This message has been edited by CyberCannon (edited August 24, 2002).]

IP:

KiLlEr
posted August 24, 2002 01:51 PM            
Friday September 6th, 02:00 GMT (24hr notation)

Better?

IP:

CyberCannon
posted August 24, 2002 02:31 PM            
That'll work just fine for me. I am doing some downloading right now.

IP:

Teulk
posted August 24, 2002 04:03 PM            
All sounds good so far...I will need to contact you regarding the dld of the CTF stuff (pardon the term)..
I guess I will make a separate install for the CTF play (since I have the room), so some advice on that will be necessary (such as the set-up and addition/deletion of anything particular--anybody who was around when I first started in TM will remember this scenario--can anybody say "DUH??!!"--you know what I mean??--not one of my stronger points). Looking forward to another interesting set-up for the game..any more installs, and my daughter will be getting her new PC sooner than she thinks!!
Anyhow, got this remotely (out on the town this weekend--missed Armageddon--again--and will probably miss the DDM (although, I hear it's not ranked--so maybe I'll make an extra effort )--but, as usual, I will check this board regularly as I can.

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted August 24, 2002 04:57 PM            
Sounds good to the GA clan here in Berkeley. That includes GA_666, GA#3_Jon, and GA_Queen. I will just have to leave work a little early and do some work from home later in the day. No problem (yes, I am a bedside nurse half time and an administrator half time, so I can do this on this day, but I couldn't if I were a bedside nurse that day )

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted August 24, 2002 05:09 PM            
Okay, now I am checking out the time. . .
0200 GMT on 9/6/02 is 1900 pacific time on Thursday 9/5/02. Is that what you are aiming for?
Check out this website for timezones/times around the world. http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?day=6&month=9&year=2002&hour=2&min=0&sec=0&p1=0

IP:

This topic is 5 pages long:   1  2  3  4  5