|
Author Topic:   Question About TM Storm Pack and DDM
Cobra
posted August 18, 2002 06:01 PM         
I am currently downloading the storm pack zip file. I read in a thread that it needs to be a separate install. Does this mean I need to unzip the files to a new directory instead of the TM root directory? After installing, will I have everything needed for the DDM tonight? Thanks guys!

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted August 18, 2002 07:32 PM            
You should just unzip to the TM directory like you do for all mods.

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted August 18, 2002 07:54 PM            
Oh yeah...there is something extra.You'll find a zip file called main once you unzip to the tm root.Just make sure you unzip the "main files" zip file to the TM directory also.

IP:

Vlad
posted August 18, 2002 08:50 PM            
You've also got to back up your local.txt file, and replace it with the one in the zip.

IP:

Cobra
posted August 18, 2002 11:05 PM         
Thanks guys! Once I downloaded it, there were excellent instructions included..(duh!)

It's a cool mod, and it was a fun DDM. Thanks for the help!

Cobra

IP:

Teulk
posted August 18, 2002 11:07 PM            
Hey, Supe!!! Figured out why I had no sound in the Storm....actually, there was no sound to be found anywhere on my PC...the kids muted everything without telling me...DOOOOHHHHHH!!!!
All better now!!

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted August 19, 2002 03:55 AM            
I was going to ask you if you had sound anywhere else thinking you might just have the volume down or sound disabled but I figured that was too obvious

Yes...it was fun.Wish more would have decided to come.But we didn't know till the last minute kinda and 30 megs is big for dialup.

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted August 19, 2002 03:50 PM            
We (or should I say I) knew about it since last week. Par posted it. 30 megs is large for a dial-up. CyberCannon told me it took him 6 hours to get the download from his dial up. I at least downloaded it earlier, but didn't install it. Got it on my cpu and started playing. Jon, my 8 yr old, saw it, LOVED it, and pushed me out of my chair. I tried to install it on his cpu, but got a corrupted file (I think) and crashed ALL of his TM installs. I spent the rest of the evening trying to get TM up on his while trying to play a bit on LDA with Ben's cpu (the 6 year old). I think trying to support Jon's game, the downloads of mods, and my LDA game was a bit much for our DSL connection. Got real laggy for me.
I hear Par will keep the STORM server up for a bit. If so, you should try it out. It was very fun and very different.
Good Job JVortex

[This message has been edited by Blue n Gold Sue (edited August 19, 2002).]

IP:

JVortex
posted August 20, 2002 12:52 PM            
oh MAN! and i went and missed the SR DDM! ARRRRGHHHH!!!!!..... [insert favorite explicative here].

someday, SOMEDAY ill manage to make it to an SR DDM. really i will. really really really.

ok, you can stop laughing now, hehe .

hope everyone had fun with it. how was the turn out? this makes the first time ive peeked in here in weeks, been obnoxiously buisy. good to see a few new faces and see that the younger generation appreciates SR as much as i do .

have a blast all!

------------------
Let the rocks roll and the battle commence. http://www.bzrpg.2ya.com .
Check out the site! Loads of Tread Marks support and AddOns. Home of the S.T.O.R.M Pack.
The Storm has arived!! :)

IP:

Paranor
posted August 20, 2002 01:08 PM            
We had about 6? It could have been due to the large download. Still was fun.

I have the server up on a semi-permanent basis in DM mode. When I have time, I'll get a race & DM server going.

JVortex - I have a question. The link I have is to the file that Matrix is hosting. Is that the latest and greatest? I'm asking because I found on my PC that's smaller and uses a slightly different directory structure.

Once I know which one is current I'm going to break it down into smaller parts for easier download.

thanks

IP:

JVortex
posted August 23, 2002 01:59 AM            
the current one is still the original release. due to various reasons the update is still delayed but still in the works (around 12 new cars, 10 maps, 8 new weapons and slightly improved physichs). the recent version can be found both at Kongs and Dreamers sites (thanks guys!)

i dont know what the odd sized one is on matrixs site. i wasnt aware that he was mirtroring it as well (not that i have a problem with that of course ).

------------------
Let the rocks roll and the battle commence. http://www.bzrpg.2ya.com .
Check out the site! Loads of Tread Marks support and AddOns. Home of the S.T.O.R.M Pack.
The Storm has arived!! :)

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted August 23, 2002 02:22 AM            
Im not hosting actually, im linking into the file on dreamers site, so whatever is there current is auto updated on dmf.

------------------
-=≡[▓▒░ √‬‬‬‬‬‬‬וּίŢ ĐX ώοſĽ Ć׀ﺁﭺκ ĦēŘ ▓▒░]≡=- ☺
-
ģ 2002 /\/\∩ŢŔİX

IP: