This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2  |
Author Topic:   We Need New Blood
Sage
posted August 18, 2002 05:00 PM            
First off, this place is getting boring. And I can't even play TM.

I think we need new blood, and I thing we should advertise more. I remember I made a deal with Weatherman once, that if I try to get the TM demo put on some free game sites and get TM out there a little bit that he would set up a server for me, you now know as the Neon Server.

Well we should do this sort of thing for the community and not just for ourselves.

Here are some Ideas that I have come up with:

• T-Shirts, with the TM logo on the front. and info on the game on the back like on this page http://www.treadmarks.com/about.html
  • Buisness Cards, with the treadmarks website address and some game information
  • Word of Mouth, people wont know about the game if you don't say anything.

Also, on the T-Shirt note. Like DNX, we could have Clan T-shirts. Imagine, walking donw the street and end up meeting or seeing a persone wearing your clan Logo.

------------------
It is smart to learn from a wise man.
It is wise to learn from a fool.

[This message has been edited by Sage (edited August 18, 2002).]

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted August 18, 2002 06:00 PM            
lol, its not boring, you just must find the right thing to do. T-Shirts is a great idea Sage, though I think it has already been requested, yo Matrix Whats up? Clan T-Shirts'd be cool also, only thing is people might think were all crazy! MWA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA..... Should we start designing t shirts right now for clans? Prehaps we could have a screenshot on the back with little bullets or info about the game. Who knows

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted August 18, 2002 08:40 PM            
"Also, on the T-Shirt note. Like DNX, we could have Clan T-shirts. Imagine, walking donw the street and end up meeting or seeing a persone wearing your clan Logo."

the more observant among you will have seen the t-shirt offer on DMF, im currently working on some designs but some will contravive LDA copyright so ill have to clear them with Jim first, they may want roytalties on the trademark.

The more inquisitive among you will have already scanned thru my design site ( http://www.dnxdesigns.homestead.com/ ) and found details of t-shirts at the bottom of this page ( http://www.dnxdesigns.homestead.com/media.html )

------------------
-=≡[▓▒░ √‬‬‬‬‬‬‬וּίŢ ĐX ώοſĽ Ć׀ﺁﭺκ ĦēŘ ▓▒░]≡=- ☺
-
ģ 2002 /\/\∩ŢŔİX

IP:

coaxs
posted August 19, 2002 03:04 AM            
There are 1735 registered members. The board has been up for 3 years. Thats about 1.5 new people per day.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted August 19, 2002 04:02 AM            
Sage...if you feel like looking through the archives, myself and others tried real hard to get TM to the public.One thing I did was contact 20 or so sites that host game demos and tried to get them to host the new one.I think some did...others I didn't hear from.That was an idea I acted on....some other people have tried different ideas.

Even though this game is several years old and not in the mainstream we still get new people all the time.I'm really suprised by that and happy.

And it has been dead on the BB.We have had several player BB's pop up though.I participate on Paranor's board all the time and quite a few others.Kong has one...and each clan has one too.Thats taken quite a bit of steam out of this board.But I think the most important thing is getting people on the servers(which they have been doing a pretty good job) than post on the BB.As long as they play I'm happy.

IP:

coaxs
posted August 19, 2002 05:31 AM            
Wow the text on the bboard is a blue! I never really noticed that before.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

Random Chaos
posted August 19, 2002 08:05 AM            
New blood? Who should be the next young one to sacrifice to the Tread Marks god!?

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted August 19, 2002 08:22 AM            
"Thats about 1.5 new people per day"-Coax

- Cant wait to meet n greet the next .5 of a person that arrives

------------------
-
ģ 2002 /\/\∩ŢŔİX

IP:

Grind_and_Click
posted August 19, 2002 10:26 AM            
lol yeah

but how many stay?

JC!?

IP:

CyberCannon
posted August 19, 2002 11:39 AM            
Guys, some of you may know that Jeep Chick and I came over from Tanarus. While there are plenty of good people over there, there are still many with whom I would not care to associate with. I agree that we need "new" blood I hope that our new blood doesn't come from that group of Tanarus people.

IP:

Sage
posted August 19, 2002 06:15 PM            
I would like to be in charge of the whole TM T-shirt aspect, I need something to do. If I can't really do anything with my clan, how about the whole community, lol. I already thought about the cards thing and going up to kenkos or what ever and getting some cards made, but with ZE and not TM on them. Then I wouldn't have to deal with all theses legal issues.
I know that LDA is a family run company but if were helping them make money why should they care, that is-if were not making money ourselves. But we should. I mean, this isn't just for them after all.
Of course this is just my opinion.

I wonder what else we could do.

we could go to tank related tank games and try to recruite people.

Hehe, heres an idea.
ALL CLAN LEADERS GET FREE TM T-SHIRTS, LOL.
Now that would be nice...........................................................................................................I have it!!!!!!!!!!
No wait, let me see.............................................................................................................................. Here it is. Go into chat rooms for video games and tell them about TM. There are chat rooms everywere on the web.

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted August 19, 2002 06:48 PM            
Im sure LDA will love any way to increase the purchases, + it won't cost them anything right? Just gotta get the aok from Jim...
Prehaps on the front we could have this

or something like that, and of course the web site printed under it. Clan TM shirts..... hrmmm I guess we all better start thinking on our ideas eh Sage? hehe

IP:

kv
posted August 19, 2002 09:25 PM            
if we get the ok, i've already got an idea for what I would want.

The TM logo GA posted on the front in the upper left, the new LWA wolf head on the back with "Lone Wolf Alliance" printed underneath it. Possibly the LDA logo on one shoulder.. yeah, that's an option, and LWA or the simple TM logo printed on the other.

oh, is a black shirt available for printing? it doesn't specifiy on the DNX site.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted August 19, 2002 09:35 PM            
We only supply black and white 100% cotton for printing on and in almost any size. We can print on any colour t-shirt as long as its 100% cotton because its heat transfer/sealed toner.

Tip: wash and iron/press these shirts insideout for best long lasting results.

Ok use of the TM logo, im sure Jim wont have a prob with that - what he will be concerned over will be manner of representation.

for example:

[TREADMARKS LOGO]
Youre a Punk I Hate You
FRAG FRAG FRAG
*Swear Swear Swear*
{pic of topless punk girl with finger up)

or

[TREADMARKS LOGO]
Clan DNX Forever

- The second is perfectly acceptable.

the first - well if you owned TM, would you wish your logo to be associated to, have your logo appear next to, or have ppl believe that your company supports such imagery/content or comments.

My point is taken then - to be sure, amke a design and run it by Jim before doing anything else. You could leave yourself libel and LDA wont back you up for unauthorised use of trademark and copyright infringements.

All im saying is - great idea - but think it thru and do it with red tape in place.

------------------
-
ģ 2002 /\/\∩ŢŔİX

IP:

Sage
posted August 19, 2002 10:01 PM            
So I assume that is going to be a clan shirt a clan shirt?

So has anyone asked yet?

------------------
It is smart to learn from a wise man.
It is wise to learn from a fool.

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted August 20, 2002 12:35 AM            
Each clans gonna have its own individual shirt right? unless im mistaken, I don't know alot about the T-Shirt business n all.

IP:

Niimaur
posted August 20, 2002 04:43 AM         
sage wrote: "we could go to tank related tank games and try to recruit people"

I haven't tried it myself but I have heard good things of BZFlag which is a bit like good ol' Battle Zone.

I have plugged TreadMarks on a couple of other sites I have visited so it only fair to return the favour. All those who remember Jeff Minter - and those who don't - have got to visit Llamasoft where his latest creation Gridrunner++ has just escaped ... er ... I mean, been released ... for the PC. At GBP5 per copy, it's a steal and the PPC version will be along any day now. We are also awaiting confirmation of his next project - IT - which is rumoured to be for a current generation console.

This is positively my last attempt at editing this post ... the URL tags are fine; they are just not working properly!!

------------------

Niimaur aka Nim - Dwarf

[This message has been edited by Niimaur (edited August 20, 2002).]

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted August 20, 2002 07:53 AM            
Jeff's DaBom when drunk and signes all autographs as "flossy the lama" lol, now thats crazy.... What about Ben Dalgleish - now theres one crazy cat, how many ppl you know can do the solo to flimbo's quest on a flute !!!!!

Sage/GA ur t-shirts can have owt on em i suspect, clan logo, comment, art, screenshot whatever, just be careful of misrpresentation issues. I havent asked Jim yet because im still working up some designs, ill be submitting the lot at one go for approval defore selling em on dmf.

------------------
-
ģ 2002 /\/\∩ŢŔİX

IP:

Sage
posted August 20, 2002 03:15 PM            
We should all mention A2's new mod. I think that would get alot of attention. Also,

Matrix, your a BZ player as well, get some of those guys over here. Just siple state that you found this game(not when though) and that you like it so much that your creating a BZ mod for it.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted August 20, 2002 10:52 PM            
"So has anyone asked yet?"

- actually yes, 3 ppl are wearing DNX t-shirts. I got 1 enquiry on the dmf one.

BZ Players - past hence m8, ive not been there for well over a year now. And FYI 5 or 6 clans are aware and waiting for the mod inc DVX, XCS, BAD and KOV.

BZ is as it stands a dead game, with little or no support, all thats left is script kiddies n hackers, definately not the sort of scum you want inhabiting tm - you liken them to the bottom of the barrell tanarus ppl only far far worse. BZ2 players are so much different again, they seem far more intelectual and creative with their support, skills and mods, i get on with them really well.

------------------
-
ģ 2002 /\/\∩ŢŔİX

[This message has been edited by =DNX= Matrix (edited August 20, 2002).]

IP:

Cap-N-Jack
unregistered
posted August 21, 2002 09:57 AM           
hay matrix
i want one of them DMF t-shirts

but make mine read (your a DMF) on the back,
with pic of topless punk girl with finger up.

black
lg.
white letters
thanks

so what does DMF stand for
you know what i think it is
lol

------------------
old dogs never die we just smell that way

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted August 21, 2002 12:11 PM            
I know what you THINK it means lol, What size u want ? Ill figure weight and shipping costs and you can pay through paypal, or cheque.

Ill dispatch soon as payment is completed.

Ompf just re-read, is that lg (large t-shirt) or lg (Large white letters) ? thx.

------------------
-
ģ 2002 /\/\∩ŢŔİX

[This message has been edited by =DNX= Matrix (edited August 21, 2002).]

IP:

Cap-N-Jack
unregistered
posted August 21, 2002 01:24 PM           
LOL

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted August 21, 2002 03:12 PM            
E-mail recieved ... Plz dont setup orders unless you intend to honour them. Thx.

DMF - LOL... What ya like

D- "unable to speak"
M- "female-parent"
F- "use your imagination" LMAO !

------------------
-
ģ 2002 /\/\∩ŢŔİX

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted August 22, 2002 07:36 PM            
ahem, please keep humor like that to errrrr. *thinks* someplace else