|
Author Topic:   I can't get on to a game.
CyberCannon
posted August 15, 2002 05:57 PM            
OK guys, finally got my full version and now I can't get on the master server. Oh before you mention it I tried changing the IP to 206.222.78.139, so that shouldn't be a problem I don't think. What else could be the problem?

Another thing upon loading the game it said it was version 1.6, anything else I need to do?

[This message has been edited by CyberCannon (edited August 15, 2002).]

IP:

Random Chaos
posted August 15, 2002 06:58 PM            
Go into command line and type "tracert 206.222.78.139" and see if you can get to the server.

IP:

CyberCannon
posted August 15, 2002 07:35 PM            
How do I get to command line?

IP:

Neo
posted August 15, 2002 07:49 PM            
oh my

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted August 15, 2002 09:13 PM            
Click on the Start button. Click on the word Run. On the line that shows up which you can type in and type the word "cmd" without the quotes. Then click on the OK button and you will get a command line window like you were in DOS. Type the command "tracert 206.222.78.139" as stated above without the quotes around it and press the Enter key.
Oh of course this does assume you are using a windows (mickey soft) operating system.

------------------
May you always have a following Sea and the comfort of those you hold nearest to your heart.
TreadMaps

[This message has been edited by Sailor (edited August 15, 2002).]

IP:

BamZipPow
posted August 15, 2002 09:14 PM            
Cyber...what version of Windows are you running?

If it's Win9x/ME, open a DOS window. (Start, Program Files, DOS Prompt)...

IP:

CyberCannon
posted August 15, 2002 09:31 PM            
Still not working. Win 98 tried Sailor's idea first was told it was bad command tried BZP's next to no avail.

IP:

Neo
posted August 15, 2002 09:57 PM            
Just do exactly what Sailor said again, except that where he told you to type "cmd", type "command". COMMAND. Not cmd.

Then type:

tracert 206.222.78.139

(OR you can try)

ping 206.222.78.139

then tell us what happens after that.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted August 15, 2002 10:01 PM            
Turn off your firewall software, or add the server ip's to the ruleset along with allowing udp/tcp to and from any computer for treadmarks.exe and tm.exe

IP:

CyberCannon
posted August 15, 2002 10:07 PM            
Got a lot of numbers and ms replies and then it said trace complete. If I understand right it finally found it after 18 "jumps?"

IP:

CyberCannon
posted August 15, 2002 10:09 PM            
My demo never had any trouble.

IP:

CyberCannon
posted August 15, 2002 10:15 PM            
OK Matrix that worked but how do I reset my firewall.

IP:

coaxs
posted August 16, 2002 01:45 AM            
Here we go it was the firewall.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted August 16, 2002 09:39 AM            
A firewall is in its most basic form, a set of rules governing the flow of data to and from your machine.

what you need to do is run your firewall with the appropriate rules that allow tm to function without compromising your pc's security.

Its not a good idea to make your firewall prog name public knowledge either so keep that to yourself, theres many exploits out there.

Set tm.exe and treadmarks.exe to allow TCP & UDP in and out on all ports to and from any computer, do the same for each server ip, if you dont the firewall will cause a timeout when you try and connect.

If youre running XP, it has its own firewall, make sure this is turned off if you use your own 3rd party one like conseal, zone alarm or black ice etc etc.

Jot down the ip's from the server screen, you wont need the port number, just the ip.

If you get stuck and are in the uk ( i assume u are cos you won the game on ebay uk ) then give me a ring, ill gladly talk you thru it if i know the software - 0777 337 6069.

------------------
-=≡[▓▒░ √‬‬‬‬‬‬‬וּίŢ ĐX ώοſĽ Ć׀ﺁﭺκ ĦēŘ ▓▒░]≡=- ☺
-
ģ 2002 /\/\∩ŢŔİX

IP:

CyberCannon
posted August 16, 2002 09:45 AM            
Sorry Matrix, I"m in Texas, across the pond.

IP:

CyberCannon
posted August 16, 2002 10:00 AM            
OK Matrix how do I set up the ip addresses, just type them in where I did tm.exe etc?

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted August 16, 2002 11:25 AM            
Depends largely on the software bro, but somewhere you will have a rule create tool.

There may even be a wizard, follow it thru - fraid i cant help any further than that - perhaps a help file in the program or an FAQ website dedicated to it. Im certain i can do more if i have more info - email me

Ill do my utmost to assist.

------------------
-
ģ 2002 /\/\∩ŢŔİX

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted August 18, 2002 04:07 AM            
For those of you following this post:
CyberCannon got into an on-line game. Yipee!!! Says you were a big help, Matrix.
I am sure he would thank you all, but I think he is too busy playing

------------------
If you think you're too small to make a difference, try sleeping in a closed room with a mosquito.
- African Proverb

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted August 18, 2002 08:31 AM            

------------------
-
ģ 2002 /\/\∩ŢŔİX

IP:

CyberCannon
posted August 19, 2002 11:11 AM            
Unfortunately I got onto the game by disabling my firewall, which is why I haven't been playing very much. I still can't get my firewall to cooperate. I think I will check out one of the free ones Matrix has suggested.

IP:

BamZipPow
posted August 19, 2002 11:19 AM            
CyberCannon,

Which firewall do you have? Or do you have a router?

IP:

Sage
posted August 19, 2002 06:13 PM            
nevermind

[This message has been edited by Sage (edited August 19, 2002).]

IP: