This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2  |
Author Topic:   Now that I have returned.
Sage
posted August 13, 2002 09:19 PM            
From England that is. First off I would love to say that, I loved Scotland, just a buitiful place, and so many of the people are nice. London.......... Nice people, bad bad food, lol. It's interesting the see the European side od things in the world.

Anyway, I have a great Idea for some of you Art makers out there.
I about a Art Club for us creators. And we have a huge website for the art we make, TM and non-tm related things. To join just say it(type it, lol)

Also Matrix, I was nice speaking to you for 30sec, haha. You have a nice voice, lol

IP:

KingTiger
posted August 14, 2002 03:02 AM            
Thats a good idea.........Even tho im not a good computer artist. Compared to Matrix I suck. LOL But any way.....

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted August 14, 2002 05:12 AM            
LOL compliments on voice and skill, great start to the day

A collective site sounds fun

Sage, shame the cash ran out on the conversation, but we were wrapping it up anyways werent we, was great to hear your voice and good of u to ring. Shoulda stopped by on your way past leeds central, id have popped down and met you, showed you round a bit hehehe.

Either way, glad u had a good time - did ya manage to meet up with any other players in scotland or london ?

------------------
-=≡[▓▒░ √‬‬‬‬‬‬‬וּίŢ ĐX ώοſĽ Ć׀ﺁﭺκ ĦēŘ ▓▒░]≡=- ☺
-
ģ 2002 /\/\∩ŢŔİX

IP:

coaxs
posted August 14, 2002 05:15 AM            
cool, to bad you guys couldn't meet in person.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

[This message has been edited by coaxs (edited August 14, 2002).]

IP:

Grind_and_Click
posted August 14, 2002 10:15 AM            
yeah i agree

poor Sage called my place a few times , but i was on my farm that sucked bigtime

saw a part of the Edinburgh festival

a big Challenger MBT GRINDING.. down the street , IT WAS ENORMNOUSE! , followed by a warrior and 2 sabres sabres were dinky little things

i say they should all be modded =D

again sorry sage , wish i was home!

[This message has been edited by Grind_and_Click (edited August 14, 2002).]

IP:

Sage
posted August 14, 2002 11:29 PM            
Its ok G'NC, I loved Scotland so much that I wanna come back maybe bring my friend or friends. Anyway, got some new art on my site. http://sagetm.tripod.com/zeopics/
it's by Slayer. I probably won't be able to work on any new art until the end of this week. Also I would really like to get this Club thing going though.

IP:

Paranor
posted August 15, 2002 09:21 AM            
d00d - your fungi is now my background pic on my XP machine and I'll try it for my nix machine at work. very nice.

suggestion - keep the signature smaller - it gets very large when used as a background.

this type of artwork would be great with Drempels.

IP:

Dreamer
posted August 16, 2002 06:32 AM         
I'm pretty sure I remember that funghi pic from somewhere else - years ago...

IP:

Sage
posted August 16, 2002 03:26 PM            
I know I know...........
you saw it somewhere else. Thats what everybody says.

IP:

coaxs
posted August 16, 2002 04:02 PM            
People have asked me if you grew the fungi.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

BamZipPow
posted August 16, 2002 05:53 PM            
Could you have seen the picture from your pediatrist when he diagnosed yer feet? Just kidding...

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted August 17, 2002 06:57 PM            
ya Dreamer, both the Embryo pic and the Fungi pic seem REALLY familiar..... dunno, when did you make them Sage? Have you put them anywhere else?

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted August 17, 2002 07:33 PM            
pfft, really sage..... ;(

following sites: http://www.zazzle.com/posters/gallery/contributor_list.asp?contributor=digitalblasphemy

users.pandora.be/zoeken/fotoooos/ XP/fluorescence6.jpg
fanarea.htm
[URL=http://www.wildak.net/pictures.html]www.wildak.net/pictures.html

communities.msn.com/ windows9895techhelp

sonetonline.narod.ru/

pfft, am I correct in assuming what I do? Please do not put your name on somethin folks unless its really yours. Yes you did mention on your site that some pics were from digitalbplasphemy but... how come there loctated under the like art "i" made and not just some other art link lol

[This message has been edited by GoldAnt_Number1 (edited August 17, 2002).]

IP:

coaxs
posted August 17, 2002 07:47 PM            
Wow that looks incriminating.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

Sage
posted August 17, 2002 08:31 PM            
Golden Ant, I already know this. Also, me and Matrix agreed that if you change something to a curtin extent, that it is yours. I did more then just what appears to be done. Besides, I already told you where I got it from, there was no research needed. And Embryo is mine.

All this from a person who could even remember what clan they joined.

IP:

BamZipPow
posted August 17, 2002 08:35 PM            
They have the exact same shapes but the lighting is completely different. Could it be a script that creates the shapes but he's put his own lighting and coloring effects to it?

So in the world of art, I would still considered it his...

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted August 17, 2002 08:45 PM            
dunno, could be but looks nearly the same I think however it was altered.

What clan I joined?

Something to be considered is, who did the majority of the work.... dunno maybe Sage did a TON more than the shroom creator, but who knows.

[This message has been edited by GoldAnt_Number1 (edited August 17, 2002).]

IP:

KONG
posted August 17, 2002 09:01 PM            
Bam- so if i take your latest tank and change the accel, does that make it my creation? and I dont think a Artist like Matrix would condone any form of plagarism.

Granted, cutting and pasting others graphics into your own is sort of an unwritten rule on the web. everyone does it.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted August 17, 2002 09:04 PM            
Well fortunately for me thats not a direct quote - I did say this however, and to an extent its true, however, you need to changeit "significantly enough for it not to be recognisable as identical to the original" now copyright around images is a tad shady and after many years its still out on a limb. Adding a water effect and changing colour forexample would not make the picture yours, adding more fungi would because in essence you have added to the essence of the image rather than enhanced it by use of plugins.

I'm not making myself very clear because its very hard to try and explain, and the amount of cahnge varies dependant on the image. and the end of the day its down to 3 things:

1) If youre willing to lay claim to an original work knowing full well that if the original author finds out ha cant do dick squat about it.

2) Peoples acceptance of the image when the locate the original you altered.

3) The feedback.

The rest is up to you.

Kong - youre quite right, everyone copies ideas, chops n changes subtle bits here n there - for what is modern art if some1 puts their name on a kitchen sink and puts it in the tate having painted it purple ! then sells it for a fortune...... its then their creation not the bloke who made the sink in the first place.

Like i said, theres a fine boundary. Sude I use other art in my own, if you look at the front of DMF you will note that its a "montage" of other images from around the web, looks nice, I wouldnt say its mine because quite fairly its not, but it is my "montage" which changes the perception and perspective of the matter.

------------------
-
ģ 2002 /\/\∩ŢŔİX

[This message has been edited by =DNX= Matrix (edited August 17, 2002).]

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted August 17, 2002 09:23 PM            
*considers taking Windows and changing the name to winw00t....* BOOM! Instant Billionaire without any work lol *bets MS is gratful for copyright laws!*

IP:

Sage
posted August 17, 2002 10:10 PM            
Enough..............
I am sick and tired of your stupid remarks Golden Ant, as well as Cap N' Jack's.
First of, this is nobody's buisness of what do or did, unless I involve you some how. And how dare you golden ant change this post's subject.

I was suggesting a great idea about people creating art work and making a large site of to show it off, and here you come with this crap.

I already did my part by stating where some of the art work was first found.
And Like I said to Matrix:

quote:
Techniclly, who's to say that I didn't make it. I mean after all, all it has is a website name on it, hehe.
For all you know my friend could be the one who runs the site and I sent the picture to him because I thought he might like it.

Now this discussion is over.

[This message has been edited by Sage (edited August 17, 2002).]

[This message has been edited by Sage (edited August 17, 2002).]

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted August 17, 2002 10:34 PM            
quote:
Enough..............
I am sick and tired of your stupid remarks Golden Ant, as well as Cap N' Jack's.
First of, this is nobody's buisness of what do or did, unless I involve you some how. And how dare you golden ant change this post's subject.

Cap n Jack did not even post in this thread lol.... I am sorry Sage but if its nobodys business why was it posted on a public forum? How dare I change the subject? if you haven't noticed already very few threads subjects start and end the same (even fewer stay the same in the middle ) The matter of plagarism I feel is right in the line of a spiffy art site where we can all come and see what others have done in their spare (or unspare) time. Its fine to show off some neato pics you've found from another site, just don't change the color and slap your name on. *remembers all the different colors of tron* ohhh yummy lol

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted August 18, 2002 12:55 AM            
As long as he gives credit to the original artist he's quite quite safe GA. He can only be touched for unauthorised use, however, nobody on the net is so stupid they dont realise that a pic that good gets copied around making such a pursuit intangable.

------------------
-
ģ 2002 /\/\∩ŢŔİX

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted August 18, 2002 01:05 AM            
also GA, a guy in the USA is doing exactly your idea, and he's calling it "LINDOWS" - yup, as close as can be..... Microsoft is pursuing an injunction and law suit to a very hefty sumn of monies, now with that on your mind could you concentrate on your code ? ...... no me neither lol.

They are also pursuing suits against Mickysoft, Moosoft and Microsith.com for using logo designs and names that are too close to MS's own hence damaging the intergrity of the company name (i thought they did that themselves with windows !! hahaha) - ok..... so on a more serious note it can work the other way too.

A guy registered the name "X-Box" long before Microsoft started on their console... he took them for name infringement, they settled out of court (i believe) for an "undisclosed but generous sum of money".

So you see, its not ALL doom n' gloom

If I were you id start writing a new OS called Yoonix or a new paint package called Koreldobe Digishop Deluxe Photo Lab 6 SE Lite

------------------
-
ģ 2002 /\/\∩ŢŔİX

[This message has been edited by =DNX= Matrix (edited August 18, 2002).]

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted August 18, 2002 01:25 AM            
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL!@@!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dang, silly me, I thought Microsith was just some kinda hyped up Star wars thing Microsoft made...... LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL, I guess I should've read what site was about hahahahahaha. Ya, Sage is pretty safe me thinks, but still I don't think anybody should be claiming programming code/art/or whatever else just like that *snabs mandibles* hey Matrix, you wouldn't happen to have AIM would ya? *watchs matrix try to hide* I have some Cartooning pictures I made in study hall I think you might like =) hehehehehe. Though they aren't about anybody in real life, 99.9% original. hehe.

IP:

This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2