|
Author Topic:   Master down again??
Teulk
posted August 09, 2002 08:30 PM            
Problems on the Home front??? The Master seems to be up and down moreso than the Dow this week...I'm referring, of course, to the Master Client...

IP:

Grind_and_Click
posted August 09, 2002 08:38 PM            
just double cliked the.....see whos on without starting TM thing.....and nowt happeend so yeah i guess its down

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted August 09, 2002 10:35 PM            
And prob another whole weekend without it.Sunday will be a drab again

IP:

KiLlEr
posted August 10, 2002 12:13 AM            
If Paranor would send me a feed to the TM Servers page, it wouldn't matter as much if the master server is down. :/

[This message has been edited by KiLlEr (edited August 10, 2002).]

IP:

Grind_and_Click
posted August 10, 2002 12:44 AM            
just get pars server i.p everyone conect that way? <=/

IP:

mELON cRACKER
posted August 10, 2002 03:03 AM            
I agree. Pretty lame that the master server can't seem to stay up more than a day or so at a time.
[BWL]mELONcRACKER

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted August 10, 2002 03:12 AM            
Well please don't gripe to LDA about it.They don't have to be running anything for us.Someone brought up the idea of having a alternate master host(or the primary)ran by one of us.I do wish one fo us would take the master duties off of LDA's back.A business location that would always be up would be the best I think.Did Paranor say something about it?Got any ideas?

Granted it just starting going down recently and went a long time without going down,so there is probablly a good reason for it.I did email Jim already so I'm sure it will be back up as soon as he gets the message.

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted August 10, 2002 04:25 PM            
Says it back up now and they don't know why it keep going down.

IP:

=DNX= Dalmatian
posted August 11, 2002 03:10 AM            
Mostly everybody plays on the LDA server. Once you go to multiplayer and click on Refresh Server and it doesn't show any, just click on "Start Game" or whatever that is and it'll automatically take you to the LDA server if you commonly play that.

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted August 11, 2002 04:28 AM            
Talked to Jim about moving the master or having a alternate.He said "I think we'll keep it as the reliability has been quite good."

IP:

KiLlEr
posted August 11, 2002 11:45 AM            
Clicking start will take you to the last server you played on and not the LDA server (unless that was the last server you played on, obviously).

IP:

KiLlEr
posted August 11, 2002 11:45 AM            
--------------- DUP ---------------

[This message has been edited by KiLlEr (edited August 11, 2002).]

IP:

John B.
posted August 13, 2002 02:26 PM         
How about one of you fine, overzealous techies putting up a small page listing the IP addresses of the "regular" servers. This way when the master is down, we can manually look around.

I could do it, but it would seem more at home on a TM based website.

JB

IP:

peeeto
posted August 13, 2002 05:24 PM         
been done - search the forums. the lists are quite old by now and should prolly be updated...

IP:

John B.
posted August 13, 2002 05:53 PM         
Well there is this one:
/forums/archive/ubb/Forum2/HTML/000263.html

Not of much use.

IP: