|
Author Topic:   Frustration
=DNX= Dalmatian
posted August 09, 2002 02:22 AM            
Geting the stuffings beaten out of you seems to make you doubt yourself though being a pro on a tank game isn't much to be proud of. I never realized that you can become a pro at driving land based vehichles. Aircraft maybe. This game has it's challenges. I try to have more frags and less deaths and I am shot and eliminated too often. A few people are most likely going to win whenever I go into a skirmish with them and that gets to me. I try to beat them and they seem unstopable. Hopefully, I can get better at this but you always do reach a limit. In other words, I die too much and I don't like it. o.x

IP:

coaxs
posted August 09, 2002 04:26 AM            
Practice more.

The only reason IRascible is so good is because he wanted to beat me.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

Irascible
posted August 09, 2002 05:03 AM            
Well that was true to some extent Coax. I was hating on you for a while. You and that mother friggin mass driver of yours. Oh yes, I remember.

But my arch nemesis is and always has been Supe. When the same guy beats you over and over and over and over... you want to explode sometimes. Am I relating here Dalmation? Hehe. Of course, it makes me wonder how many people feel that way about me now. Yikes.

Seriously though, and I absolutely mean this:

My build up to my current skill level came at the cost of way too many hours of play. Time is a precious commodity. God expects us to use it as wisely as possible. If I had used that time playing TM on higher callings, I would be a better man. So I have complete respect for men who are wise enough to spend the vast majority of their time NOT playing computer games.

Men are naturally competitive. So there's a natural temptation to play this game when we should be doing other things. While it is a valid way to have some fun, we weren't put on this Earth to have fun. So it takes character to put away the selfish desire to play and do what they were put on this Earth to do. Men are here to take care of their families, build things, provide strong moral leadership at home and beyond. Those are the things that are valuable and worthy of our devotion.

I know that this all sounds kind of sappy. But I see your laments Dalmation and I want to shout, "No! No! No! The fact that you're not so good at this game is a WONDERFUL thing. It means that you've invested your time in better things. TM is a fun game. But it's only a game. I quite literally hope that one day I will have the same discipline to put TM, and other consuming hobbies, aside in favor of more noble pursuits.

IP:

coaxs
posted August 09, 2002 05:12 AM            
I quite literally hope that one day you will not have the same discipline to put TM, and other consuming hobbies, aside in favor of more noble pursuits.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

Grind_and_Click
posted August 09, 2002 08:09 AM            
i had the same problem when i was a newbie to this game ,find your niche in how to play......helps if you know your oponents strategy to

and im a bum so i guess thats how i got to .........pro? (guys? <=/)status.
---------------
Theres more than one way to Grind an Axe

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted August 09, 2002 10:20 AM            
Ras, you should be a councillor, I suck except now i dont care that I suck lol

------------------
-=≡[▓▒░ √‬‬‬‬‬‬‬וּίŢ ĐX ώοſĽ Ć׀ﺁﭺκ ĦēŘ ▓▒░]≡=- ☺
-
ģ 2002 /\/\∩ŢŔİX

IP:

Teulk
posted August 09, 2002 02:41 PM            
Hey, Dal, don't sweat it. Like they say, it's only a game. I've been trying to master this one for over a year now, and I still can't keep up with most of the players. It's nothing to beat your head against the wall for.
I just keep coming back, getting fragged, and coming back again for more. The only consolation is that, eventually, it will click in and the skill will arrive. Like you, I am still waiting for the "click"
Just don't let the time lag get you down.
And for Pete's sake, keep showing up to the DDM's, and showing up on the servers.
When it gets too much, kick back, crack one open and relax...evryone will be here tomorrow!!!

IP:

Cap-N-Jack
unregistered
posted August 09, 2002 03:14 PM           
DNX= Dalmatian
i see by your profile your into
Machines and animals.
and just what do you do with the animals
lol

IP:

=DNX= Dalmatian
posted August 09, 2002 06:00 PM            
Yes Ras, that's what I mean. Over and over and over, they kill you. I have been geting at Supes quite a bit though but you and max are another story. o.x And Cap n Jack, I like dogs. I like to use dog related logos to represent me. I even had a dalmatian flag but it vanished over time and I think I need to remake it. Might get it on the flag pack one day.

IP:

=DNX= Dalmatian
posted August 10, 2002 04:19 AM            
Cap-N-Crack is the name. You are a very worthy opponent. Once a enemy drives near you, your tank begins to emit high amounts of marijuana clouds that get other players entoxicated. Their coordination is knocked out and you take them down in a storn of 120mm shells. Your weapon and your technique is very effective and unique. My original idea was to emit a smoke screen but that doesn't work because you can see another player's name and stealth doesn't work at all.... o.x

IP: