This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2  |
Author Topic:   Boomstick IV: Armageddon Event
KiLlEr
posted August 04, 2002 02:59 AM            
Just because I have an insane lust for carnage, I'm going to try and run this event.

Its set up to run every saturday starting at 3pm for 6 games at 18mins each. The winner is the player with the hieghest Frags/Deaths ratio.

Of course being its on Boomstick #4, with 20 AI's and mega-death weapons. Should be, how should I say, a blast?

Mwauhah! Mwauhahah!
Mwuahahaahahhahahahaahahhhahha!

}B->

[This message has been edited by KiLlEr (edited August 04, 2002).]

IP:

coaxs
posted August 04, 2002 03:15 AM            
Then that means we missed it this week.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

Irascible
posted August 04, 2002 03:16 AM            
3pm in what time zone?

IP:

KiLlEr
posted August 04, 2002 03:39 AM            
You didn't miss it really, I was testing the new events system and decided to keep the test event, but rename it into a real event.

3pm EST (sorry, its currently 3am EST and I have half an eye open) to allow the fella's (and laidies) from accross the pond to join in.

Hopefully the lag won't be too bad.

BTW, just poping in to fire off a nuke and leaving won't work, as your stats get booted off if you don't spend a minium of 10 minutes in any event.

You can check out the events page to see what events are setup and when they are schedualed. I'm working on the docs that will be sent to the server ops so they can add thier own events.

Direct link to the events page
http://www.boomstickjoes.com/treadmarks/main.php?page=Events/results.php&group=Events

IP:

Irascible
posted August 04, 2002 03:49 AM            
Can you up the frag limit? I was just on as "Just Chillin" and when I reached 300 frags the frag counter restarted itself at 0.

IP:

KiLlEr
posted August 04, 2002 03:53 AM            
Frag limit is set to unlimited. The ingame counter does wrap around though. (same thing happens to unlimited ammo, you see 64 shots, but when you hit 0, it wraps back to 64).

Let me know if the end game screen doesn't reflect the real frag count.

Even if it doesn't, the TMServer Status page does trak it correctly, so your stats are correct.

I could cap it at 250, but the game may run too short.

IP:

Irascible
posted August 04, 2002 03:58 AM            
The game end screen was correct. At least I assume it was. It would have been hard to keep a manual count while I was playing.

But as far as these results go: http://www.boomstickjoes.com/treadmarks/main.php
They are VERY wrong. Placing 2nd twice in a row would have not set well with me. And I can assure you I didn't place second.

IP:

Irascible
posted August 04, 2002 04:06 AM            
In fact... I don't need to assure you... that was you!!!
OK, so it's late and it took me a minute to put one and one together.
Anyway, sheesh Killer. If you're going to pad your scores, at least make it look believable. 1228 frags in game 2? LOL!!! And you beat me twice in a row? LOLOLOLOL!!!!
OK, so that sounded arrogant.
Plus, I realize it may have been some server error that cause the misreporting.
Yeah... that's what it was... suuuuure...

IP:

Irascible
posted August 04, 2002 04:10 AM            
Actually, it must have been server error. If you had been padding (I was only kidding about that, btw), you wouldn't have padded my score as well. If I recall right, both of us had two-hundred and something frags a piece in both games. Anyway, I'll leave you alone now.

IP:

KiLlEr
posted August 04, 2002 10:18 AM            
Nope, no padding hahahahaha

That was the big test of the event tracking system and there were quite a few bugs (all of which I fixed). Just take a look at the times. The game is 18 mins, but the ontime for game 2 was over 90 mins. When you left, I was able to get a jump in scores (compare it to your ontime) and hence it marked me as the winner for game 2 (which was more than just one game). Then, we crossed midnight, and the code stopped tracking. I then put in a new column in the events table to indicate when a game was triggered as running, and fixed the weekly code to take into account the midnight cross over. (this problem dosn't happen with the one time games which you enter a specific date, since you specify a start and and an end, a weekly gets one entry for day of week.) I even coded it so that entering an end time that is less than the start time will assume the end time is past midnight. Then I had another problem which cause the upload script to forget what game # its currently working with. I got this fixed, but I still have a problem. If you have an event that ends after a certain number of games, but nobody plays, then the game would never end since I figure out the current game from the highest game # in the temporary player status table. I might need an auxiliary way of determining current game. At least in the case of an empty server. Not a critical bug, but a bug none the less. And finally I had a nasty bug which had me up late trying to figure out what was happening. We crossed the end of week. Day of week runs Sunday (0) to Saturday(6). I was checking to see if the current day of week is greater than the one listed in the game. Guess what? Sunday is less than Saturday. So it stopped tracking. I had to fudge it by checking if the game is running, its a saturday game, and its sunday, then I fudge the day of week by setting it to 7.

IP:

Irascible
posted August 04, 2002 01:50 PM            
Sheesh. Me hapy me no smarrt wurk wit servir enuff to. Hedayke meny.

IP:

Neo
posted August 04, 2002 03:40 PM            
EST or EDT? Cause as far as I know, most of the world is currently running on DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME, not standard time.

IP:

KiLlEr
posted August 04, 2002 08:03 PM            
3 pm EDT or 8 pm GMT

Sorry,Like I said, had half an eye open. !)

IP:

Neo
posted August 05, 2002 01:28 AM            
hehe, jus' playin.

IP:

KiLlEr
posted August 07, 2002 11:48 AM            
A thing that goes

Bump

In the night

[This message has been edited by KiLlEr (edited August 07, 2002).]

IP:

KiLlEr
posted August 09, 2002 12:35 AM            
Bump (and grind )

IP:

BamZipPow
posted August 09, 2002 02:45 AM            
Bring it on!!!

IP:

Karldar
posted August 09, 2002 10:51 AM            
Word!

IP:

KiLlEr
posted August 10, 2002 12:09 PM            
THe last Bump!!

I moved armageddon to the faster server and it is the only game running, so response time is limited by connection rate.

The machien is a PIII 500 with 512mb ram, connected to a cable modem via a 100mbit network (10BaseTX for you tech-enabled dudes )

3pm EDT (8PM GMT) on Boomstick IV

In case the master server is down:

ip 24.191.89.63
port 10400

IP:

BamZipPow
posted August 10, 2002 08:16 PM            
Thanks much, Killer! It was really fun to have more people on the server. Makes it a bit different when you have others taking yer frags away.

Just noticed you have the stats up for the FragFest! Coolness...

IP:

Teulk
posted August 10, 2002 09:13 PM            
It was, quite literally, a blast.
I am, however, having problems with tank control on this particular server. Is it just because of the amount of things going on here, or could there be somethng up with my PC. I'm really trying to get into this server, and am trying to get to the 10K club, but at 100 frags (avg) a game, it will be awhile. However, I am patient, and diligent, and will keep on trying.
Good to see some of the others on there as well. made it quite interesting.
BTW, where are the stats that were mentioned earlier???

OK---strike that...found them ( I am learning guys--no matter what you think)
I can see by the stats that I've got some work to do if I'm EVER gonna make 10K---whoa---some indeed...

[This message has been edited by Teulk (edited August 10, 2002).]

IP:

KiLlEr
posted August 10, 2002 10:05 PM            
Your welcome guys we'll do it again. I'm working out the rest of the events to be put in rotation.

Tanks control may be an issue as the acceleration and gravity is way up. You don't slide around as you do in a normal game and take off like you're starring in the fast and the furious. Its to help you run away from the onslaught and dodge the nukes and cruise missles.

My web host was screwing around with the clock on the server during the game. I fixed the tables and now have 11 games instead of 6! hahaha. Any way, the game order is obviously wrong. LOL

So the crown Goes to BZP, as King Tiger was 2nd, and I 3rd, we get to carry his coat tails.

[This message has been edited by KiLlEr (edited August 10, 2002).]

IP:

KiLlEr
posted August 15, 2002 02:23 PM            
Just a reminder, Saturday 3pm EDT

IP:

Grind_and_Click
posted August 15, 2002 04:35 PM            
did i hear my name? lol

(no you read it you stoopid fool)

lol uhm....i get like way high pings on boom stick servers man, 1400 and 800 on the other which i presume is the fast one

i dont think its always been like this for me!!

any ideas man?

IP:

BamZipPow
posted August 15, 2002 10:32 PM            
Who wants to be the next victim? You think you can take this crown? Bring it on!!!

IP:

This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2