|
Author Topic:   Weds DCTF at 8pm EDT
KiLlEr
posted July 31, 2002 09:55 AM            
The DCTF will be on tonight. I have a UPS I can put on the server as there are rolling blackouts in my area, which is why the servers were not up the past couple of days.

But rest assured, it will be up.

IP:

MexIndian
posted July 31, 2002 02:37 PM            
Thanks for the effort dude.

------------------
If I were you and you were me and I fragged you whose score would go up?

IP:

KiLlEr
posted July 31, 2002 03:52 PM            
not a problem

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted July 31, 2002 03:52 PM            
Excellant Killers.

IP:

Teulk
posted July 31, 2002 04:31 PM            
Beautiful...frag everyone for me, I shall be absent...gotta work nights again for the next three weeks...Wednesday's are a moot point for me until the middle of August
Toodles...have fun...

IP:

KiLlEr
posted July 31, 2002 06:30 PM            
TM Servers are up, unfortunatly my webhosting blew out the sablotron installation again. but the TM Server database is still being updated OK.

IP:

KiLlEr
posted July 31, 2002 06:30 PM            
DUP

[This message has been edited by KiLlEr (edited July 31, 2002).]

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted July 31, 2002 08:56 PM            
Whats the point of this again?Lets see.6 guys on LDA...me and Tiger on the CTF server.I politely ask the 6 guys on LDA(3 different times) if they could come and play CTF.One hour later its still me and Tiger.I'm getting tired of making it so I can show up only to find noone is making an effort to come.If I want to play bots I'll fire up single player.So from now on I'm not going to waste my time with Wed night CTF.Killer can keep putting the server up if he wants but its just going to be bots against bots.Another wasted Wed night where I could have been doing 20 other things.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted July 31, 2002 09:03 PM            
Id be there cos im on line but i absolutly detest ctf. sry

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted July 31, 2002 09:03 PM            
Id be there cos im on line but i absolutly detest ctf. sry

------------------
DNX WORLD SITE

IP:

KiLlEr
posted August 01, 2002 12:59 AM            
It prolly beacuse I wasn't sure I was able to host it until I was able to acquire a UPS for the servers. But I've just got a note from LIPA saying that whatever problems they were having in my area is now fixed so no more rolling blackouts.

I'll give it another go next week, I'll be sure to bang it into peoples heads starting Sunday night so they see it for a couple of days. If its a flop again, I'm pulling the plug on it. It sucks since I spent so much time getting the event setup working so I can automatically post the game results after the event. All that would end up in the trash, even though I can set it up for any event (doesn't need to be my servers, it could be any server running TMLogScan), I doubt anyone would take advantage of it.

I'm still waiting for my website to come back up. I don't understand why they keep forgetting to compile PHP with sablotron. It's getting anoying. and they keep doing this Tuesday, the day before the DCTF. Not that it makes a difference as the uploads from the servers and the forums are unaffected, its just you can't view the website itself.

If no one shows up next week, I'll prolly shoutdown the boomstick 3,4 and 5 servers and run a Gore or IL2 server in their place.
Since nobody plays on Boomstick 3, and very few play on Boomstick 2, I'll move the armageddon setup over to #2 and leave the Dudymas' one shot server up as they are the 2 most popular out of the 5. No need to wast processing power on stuff nobody uses.

IP:

KiLlEr
posted August 01, 2002 09:31 AM            
I should add that the uploads are unaffected as long as they don't screw around with the server, but they screwed around with the server. Messed everything up pretty bad. :/

Thank god I made backups.

[This message has been edited by KiLlEr (edited August 01, 2002).]

IP:

KiLlEr
posted August 05, 2002 09:47 AM            
Ladies and Gentlemen!!!

Please join us Wednesday at 8pm EDT on Boomstick V for our weekly DCTF.

Come one come all!
Bring your kids!!
Bring your babysitters!!
Bring your grandma!!

Open up a can of wup-ass and have a butt kickin' good time!!!!

[This message has been edited by KiLlEr (edited August 05, 2002).]

IP:

KiLlEr
posted August 06, 2002 11:53 AM            
Bump

IP:

KiLlEr
posted August 07, 2002 11:47 AM            
Bumpity Bump Bump

IP:

CyberCannon
posted August 07, 2002 12:25 PM            
Sounds like you need a little bit af grind in there KiLiEr.

------------------
An Irish Blessing
May the road rise to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the su shine warm upon your face.
The rains fall soft upon your fields and,
Until we meet again.
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

CC

IP:

KiLlEr
posted August 07, 2002 12:42 PM            
hahahah! That reminds me of a coffee shop by me called the 'Daily Grind', for obvious reasons.

IP:

John B.
posted August 07, 2002 08:22 PM         
So zero turnout. Don't people like CTF?

Where is all that team spirit????

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted August 07, 2002 10:10 PM            
Good question.I said I'm done wasting my time showing up until more people decide to come.I checked the master at 8est and it had 0 on it.

IP:

KiLlEr
posted August 07, 2002 10:24 PM            
I think its because its a weekly thing. The turn out for the first 2 runs was pretty good. I guess people get tired of the same ol thing.

Welp, I'll see how the turn out is for the saturday fragfest game. If its good, I'll prolly set up a rotating set of games. A different type competition each week, and rotate it over a 2 month span. That way it won't get stale.

I'll modify my event setup so I can handle monthly events.

IP:

John B.
posted August 07, 2002 10:46 PM         
I was on at 8 EST. I stayed on from around 7:45 to 8:30 and got bored playing with the bots. Went back later and we got three on.

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted August 08, 2002 04:17 AM            
Just don't run stock DM.We decided not to do that when we started Wed night events.Thought it might take away from the Sunday DM or nobody would want to come Wed too.Of course nobody is coming Wed nights now so it wouldn't hurt I don't think

IP:

KiLlEr
posted August 08, 2002 09:45 AM            

Okay, here's my list so far:

Stock Racing
MOD Racing - use some of the nice racing maps, and maybe a weapon or two
Stock DCTF
MOD DCTF - all mod maps
Armagedon Fragfest - The upcomming saturday event
Urban/Jungle DM - since We now have 2 urban maps (one more on the way) and my quad map (and a jungle map on the way by KingTiger), A theme based DM would be neat, and wouldn't cut in on the DDM on sunday.
Clan TeamCTF - I've been dying to get enough people to play this.

Comments/suggestions?

[This message has been edited by KiLlEr (edited August 08, 2002).]

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted August 08, 2002 03:43 PM            
I think we should have Storm Mod next Wed.That is something I don't think I have seen done for an event.And its a shame because its really cool.DM or Race mode?

IP: