This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2  |
Author Topic:   No Need For Change?
Sage
posted July 29, 2002 01:17 PM            
I love and like the way TM is now. Sure there are things in the TM world to be questioned but when has ever not been. I've been thinking about this for the past two days.

Even though it would be great if all of a sudden TreadMarks became real big and there where 5x as many people playing it. The community would change a great deal and I don't think that - that much change so quickly would be a good thing.
I like this little community that we have here. And if you have been noticing, TM has been growing, but very slowly.
Slow enough that we have had a chance to adjust to the new-comers.
I mean, 2-5 newbies isnít a big deal, but make that 10-15 and thereís gonna be various kinds of change.

Perhaps someone else can continue this argument.

------------------
If you save the world and give the glory to someone else and then some one else saves the worlds, who gets the glory, now thats what I wanna know?

IP:

Cap-N-Jack
unregistered
posted July 29, 2002 01:34 PM           
we need to be able to move the 120 mm gun u/d
airplanes would me nice to shoot at.

------------------
old dogs never die we just smell that way

IP:

Sage
posted July 29, 2002 01:57 PM            
And this has what to do with my comment?
Please don't spam, and this is the first time I've ever asked someone no to do so.

IP:

Cap-N-Jack
unregistered
posted July 29, 2002 02:06 PM           
I NO SPAM !
i no like spam,
it fake lunch meat.
did you not ask how to make TM bigger or better?
moving gun bigger & better!

IP:

Sage
posted July 29, 2002 02:51 PM            
Thats it, stop posting here!!! If you read my post correctly you would understand what i'm saying. But you havn't played TM long enough to understand what i'm saying.
I'm not trying to figure out how to make TM bigger and better.

------------------
If you save the world and give the glory to someone else and then some one else saves the worlds, who gets the glory, now thats what I wanna know?

IP:

Cap-N-Jack
unregistered
posted July 29, 2002 03:17 PM           
Hay Sage
i've been playing TM for about past 4 years
LOL
can you post in ENGLISH
PLEASE !!!!!!!!!!!!!
LOL
DO you know what you are saying ?????????????

------------------

IP:

KiLlEr
posted July 29, 2002 03:24 PM            
Hahahaa!

The problem is, from the first sentance it would seem that your suggesting TM shouldn't change as opposed to the community that shouldn't change, which is what you ment. Hence the confusion, as one doesn't know what you are refering too until half way through your post.

I would suggest using more descriptive titles. Since the whole purpose of the title is to explicitly state what your post is about. The title 'No Need For Change?' plus the first half of your post is ambiguous. I would have called it 'Is a sudden increase in TM players really a good thing?' and your first sentence to read 'TM community' instead of just 'TM'.

Cheers

[This message has been edited by KiLlEr (edited July 29, 2002).]

IP:

KiLlEr
posted July 29, 2002 03:24 PM            
Duplicate ignore

IP:

Cap-N-Jack
unregistered
posted July 29, 2002 03:56 PM           
KiLIEr
you lost me
LOL
Just like Sage DID

post in ENGLISH PLEASE
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAQHQ

IP:

KiLlEr
posted July 29, 2002 04:04 PM            
Ah, must have been that hard left turn! I loose everybody on the hard left turn. I zip out of view by the time the person following me pops over the high hill, which is just before that hard left turn. It's not my fault though. They should drive faster so they won't get caught at the red light by the intersection on the other side of the hill, which delays them long enough for me to disappear as I make that hard left turn and zip away as they pop over the tall hill that comes before the hard left turn, but after the intersection where, if they drive too slow, will get caught by the red light. Ya know, the one at the intersection on the opposite side of the hill before the hard left turn?

Got it?

IP:

Paranor
posted July 29, 2002 04:04 PM            
why would you want to gun to move? to take the skill out of shooting? That's the kind of wussy talk I would here from Aragon, not you.

But airplanes would be cool.

IP:

KiLlEr
posted July 29, 2002 04:07 PM            
Gee Par, you don't get it? Some people like shooting up the easy way.

IP:

BamZipPow
posted July 29, 2002 04:09 PM            
Sage...

If LDA were to make money (that's why they're in this business) on creating great games that EVERYONE would like to buy, you would end up more people.

It's like the example of customer service workers wanting more money but not more customers. They don't want the business to be busy as they would have to serve the customers. But it's the customers that bring in the money.

So I can understand that yer comfortable with the current situation of the small community and the slow influx of people coming into the community but it will be a matter of time after the release of TM2 that will bring in the newer blood and the quirks that come with them...

IP:

Cap-N-Jack
unregistered
posted July 29, 2002 04:15 PM           
Sorry KiLlEr
i turned right.

move it up for the long shoot.

IP:

ARAGON
posted July 29, 2002 08:45 PM            
" why would you want to gun to move?..."
Did you mean "why would you want the gun to move?"?

"to take the skill out of shooting? That's the kind of wussy talk I would here from Aragon, not you".

Par, that would be hear, not here (nor there, nor everywhere).

Stu.......

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted July 29, 2002 10:13 PM            
Bah, he didn't spam sage LOL, YOU DID! *points finger* neener neener neener lol.... Sage, u/d = up and down. He was suggesting veritcal movement to the turret, that might bring in a few players I agree, but also drive a few away (im scared of that vertical movement hehe)

IP:

Sage
posted July 30, 2002 12:34 AM            
Auctually, he did spam because if you "READ MY POST CORR.......

Let me redo this.

I like the way TM is now, with the little community we have here. I don't think that if something were to happened causing TM to become real big, that that would necessarily be a good thing.

Luckly with the pace that TM has been growing, we have all pretty much had a chance to get to know many of the
new-comers that have come to being.

"MY POINT" is that I don't want this little community that we have to change, but I still want it to grow.
Which is kinda hard, because with one comes the other.

I'm tired, sleepy and I don't need some dumb respons to this post.

I know that when TM2 comes along that there will be change, along with growth. I'm just hoping that all this change will amount to something good in the world of TM, and bring more good then bad.

Goodnight all.

------------------

IP:

Irascible
posted July 30, 2002 01:05 AM            
"I'm tired, sleepy and I don't need some dumb respons to this post."

Zuh?

IP:

Rex R
posted July 30, 2002 01:30 AM            
well should it come to pass that, TM(TOG) and TM2 suddenly take off and we get a large increase in the number of players(and lda starts making money). I'm guessing that the forum comunity will not change overmuch. sure we'll get some new ppl but, for the most part I'm expecting that there will be those who drop by say a few words(yay or nay) and vanish never to be heard from again(out side the servers) we may wish that we had passworded server for 'us' (spect we will deal with that if and when it happens). anywho I'm not gonna sit around and worry about the 'undiscovered country' (the future) till it gets here.

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted July 30, 2002 03:11 AM            
The community has always had high standards of conduct. It's very refreshing to have a gaming community like that, and you have 3 very dedicated admins to help perserve it plus the entire TM community. I don't expect any serious problems with an influx of people.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted July 30, 2002 03:30 AM            
I understand totally Sage.On one hand I want t osee us grow to where I can find lots of people on the servers at anytime of the day.Thats would be great.
On the other I like that we are close and pretty much know each other.
I hope the two hands will be able to co-exist but I guess only time will tell.We might have some plan before TM2 gets released so we can handle the new poeple and welcome them properly.But as with all games a few bad apples will come here.Thats was one of the main reasons that me and Sailor became Admins to help coax.We'd probaablly also need an efficent way to boot people from the servers if they cause trouble.Maybe give several of us the abillty to do that so chances are good that one of us would be on if something did happen.Thats the good thing about us being small right now because most of us would be willing to take responsibility to keep the community clean since we are used to it now.I think it will be lots more work for us to keep the community family oriented but I think we'll be able to handle it.

BTW...didn't LDA say they would be sharing good news with us a couple of months ago?I'll post a thread so they can see it.

IP:

Paranor
posted July 30, 2002 02:06 PM            
I stand corrected Aragon.

Oh wait, that should be Aragorn with a "r" but you messed up.

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted July 30, 2002 08:43 PM            
but sage, if he *spammed* that also means you *spammed*. What kind of suggestions did you want lol

IP:

MexIndian
posted July 31, 2002 02:35 PM            
Sage, it makes it look arrogant that you ask for input from the community and then scold people for not having responded "correctly".

And haven't we been through this issue several times? There's GOT to be threads and threads where this is discussed.

------------------
If I were you and you were me and I fragged you whose score would go up?

IP:

Cap-N-Jack
unregistered
posted July 31, 2002 02:56 PM           
hay sage-
SPAM
SPAM
SPAM
now i spammed you

------------------

IP: