|
Author Topic:   Modded Map DDM
Paranor
posted July 26, 2002 03:15 AM            
This coming DDM (07/28) is modded maps! Get info here:

http://karllois.dyndns.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?action=ne wcalendar&selmonth=6&selday=28&selyear=2002&acttype=viewdata

[This message has been edited by Paranor (edited July 26, 2002).]

IP:

Teulk
posted July 26, 2002 10:22 AM            
Stupid question time...never having been to a modded DDM before, would I dld the modded maps to the modded install of TM on my PC, or dld the modded maps to my basic install of TM, and use that??

IP:

Paranor
posted July 26, 2002 10:57 AM            
what?!!?

Just download the maps using my links and extract them to the root of you current Treadmarks Directory

MAKE SURE YOU HAVE "USE FOLDER NAMES" option check (WINZIP).

IP:

Rex R
posted July 26, 2002 12:46 PM            
unless you have a rather slow pc, you're fairly safe in putting the maps & flags in your 'stock' install. come to think of it you'll be wanting the flag pack anyway since the majority of the servers are running it(think LDA is not, not sure).

IP:

Teulk
posted July 26, 2002 12:56 PM            
Continuing on in Newbie fashion....then it's just the maps that are modded...just dld them into my stock version, and everything is A-OK?? Yes??!

IP:

A2597
posted July 26, 2002 01:20 PM            
Typically the maps are packed in a manner such as this:

The Zip contains a folder named "addons"
this contains all the files the map needs. unzip the folder "Addons" into your root TreadMarks directory.
(Like C:/Program Files/TreadMarks 1.6/"

The addons directory Superceeds the Root TM directory, so TM will use any file in it, along with all the regular stuff.

Easy eh?

------------------
### Hi, I'm a sig virus. Please add me to the end of your signature so I can take over the world. ### - Caught from excaliber @ B5mg.com

Flying Tanks and Cookie Dough?
Oh, wait, no. If tanks were ment to fly they would have been born with little bags of salted peanuts.

IP:

Paranor
posted July 26, 2002 04:52 PM            
Right, so only stuff int he ADDONS directory is used if the *server* has it or if you play locally.

But make sure when you unzip to have the "include directory structure" or it'll all go the root and it won't work. connect and try it! if it's not done right, you'll get a "Map load failure"

IP:

Teulk
posted July 26, 2002 08:40 PM            
OK Par, I get the "map load failure" all the time, and I thought I had dld all the maps...so what should I be checking to see if the map is actually there or not. This has been one of my biggest issues since comint to TM...the fact that iI can't access all the servers even though I have dld everything necessary.
Appreciate the info..

IP:

Rex R
posted July 27, 2002 01:29 AM            
player created maps (pcm's?) go into 1 of 2 places, for ease of disabling they should go into addons/maps, although they will work if they are put into the tm 1.5/map folder (this is not recomended). most mods are set up to be extracted to the tm folder and will in fact get put into the proper folders

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted July 27, 2002 09:20 PM            
All maps that are on the TMMaps site have been set to extract to the base TM directory and then put themselves in the correct folders under the addons directory as appropriate for the map if you extract them with the "Use Folder Names" option checked in Winzip when you extract them. Some files sent in for addition to the site have not followed this standard and have been corrected to ensure that all map files extract correctly using this standard for extraction.

------------------
May you always have a following Sea and the comfort of those you hold nearest to your heart.
TreadMaps

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted July 28, 2002 05:05 AM            
Almost forgot to download the maps again I wonder how many will be downloading them around 8est tonight? I guess we can make sure this thread stays bumped but we'll still have several that don't check the forum often or not at all.

BTW...when are we going to do CTF?Seems like its been 6 months since we had CTF Sunday night.Maybe even longer than that.

IP:

Paranor
posted July 28, 2002 02:44 PM            
I thought we quit doing CTF because when we do it with 18-20 people it doesn't work? Too many on offense and too many on defense? And thus the WEDS night CTF was created. Which nobody is rounding up players on though. But boomstickville 5 is CTF and that I think is running all of the time. We can try it again on DDM but it wasn't very fun was the overall vote.

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted July 28, 2002 03:54 PM            
LOL...where do you get you info at?! Wed nights were stqarted by be because people actually wanted to do something in addition to Sunday.And we have done anything from mods to stock DM.CTF just kinda settled in when Mex took over doing it several months ago.

And CTF worked quite well with that many.Don't you remember Weatherman and others hosting it on Sunday night.All you do is bump up the weight of the nuke,matter,and cruise.That clears the flag huggers.Playing with that many is very fun and I don't know how it got left out of the rotation in the first place.

IP:

Paranor
posted July 29, 2002 03:07 AM            
Alright, someone do me the favor of searching for those threads so I have once again prove Super wrong.

IT WAS LEFT OUT BECAUSE TOO MANY PEOPLE PLAYING CTF LICKS THE LOLIPOP BIG TIME AND THUS WE SAID FORGET IT! Remember, we even tried 4 person CTF?

However, I really don't care - what does everyone else feel like?

IP:

Irascible
posted July 29, 2002 03:56 AM            
"What does everyone else feel like?"

I feel like a pastrami and swiss on rye right about now. The funny thing is, I don't look like one.

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted July 29, 2002 04:37 AM            
Thats because nobody has ran the correct CTF setup since WM.....even though I have said it many times.Of course its not fun when you have 5 peeps guarding he flag and nothing to work for your advantage as the one trying to capture.I have been playing these Sun things since we started them and I remember having 15 people playing was fun.I remember that vividly.I don't know what happened between then and now but I wasn't aware of it.Its seems as though it was forgotten and left out of the loop.And I remember 4-way not being fun because it was too easy(most of the time you could drive to a flag and grab it without any opposition) and the 4way maps sucked(Boxcutter )....but I don't think that meant normal CTF sucked.
Remember when we decided we didn't want DM style play every week because people were getting tired of it?Trust me......if you run the proper setup people will like it.That being bumping the weight up.I don't ever remember us deciding CTF wasn't fun.Maybe Ras would think that because he couldn't be declared the victor but other than him..... You should try to play this Wed night and see what you are missing.And lets try it this Sunday.Who cares about the schedule.We have been playing DM only for many months now and I don't think one of them will be missed.

[This message has been edited by SuperUnknown (edited July 29, 2002).]

IP:

Paranor
posted July 29, 2002 09:25 AM            
that's it - sometime in August I'm going to have to find that thread!

I DID CHANGE THE MOFO SETUP AND INCREASED THE WEIGHT ON THE NUKE, CRUISE, AND, AH SOMEOTHER WEAPON.

But, again, I would like a MLT - mutton lettuce tomoato. WHere the mutton is really tender.

THis sunday is a non-ranked DDM - so should we do CTF?

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted July 29, 2002 09:29 PM            
I say yes.We need a break from DM>Stock CTF.2 teams.Weight bumped

IP: