|
Author Topic:   POLL: Flags...(Please, kinda need answers here)
A2597
posted July 24, 2002 10:27 PM            
OK, I have figured out a way to make a tank generate its own ammo. (Very nice for tanks that use energy weapons such as beam cannons, pulse lasers, pulse weapons, etc).

now, it REALLY help with balencing issues with weapons such as true lasers, as now you can only fire for so long before having to let your ammo charge up. (Otherwise you A: have like 9999999 ammo, and can just keep firing or B: run out of ammo and spend a long time finding ammo boxes to charge up).

The problem? in order for this to work (Unless I can find a workaround) I have to get rid of the flags. (Just the team colorand regular flag). bear in mind that this is not for all tanks, only certain ones that use non-projectile weapons. Frankly, the flags arnt needed, they just look pretty. (However, team flags can help identify friend or foe, but seriously, I look at the color of the name and my radar moroe then the color of their flag! )

Soo, which do you prefer:
Flags, with non-chargin ammo (And highly unbalenced tanks)
or, no flags, a playable, enjoyable, balenced game? (Trust me when I say its TOO COOL to watch your ammo charge!)

now, if anyone here can tell me how to get the SecEnt or its equal working in a bauble entity, this would be a mute point.

------------------
### Hi, I'm a sig virus. Please add me to the end of your signature so I can take over the world. ### - Caught from excaliber @ B5mg.com

Flying Tanks and Cookie Dough?
Oh, wait, no. If tanks were ment to fly they would have been born with little bags of salted peanuts.

IP:

MexIndian
posted July 24, 2002 11:02 PM            
I use the flags sometimes....
but I like the idea of a self-charging powerful weapon....... it's fresh.

------------------
If I were you and you were me and I fragged you whose score would go up?

IP:

coaxs
posted July 24, 2002 11:31 PM            
Try asking that last question in the MOD forums. Modders frequent those hangouts more then the regular TM bboard.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

A2597
posted July 24, 2002 11:42 PM            
Fresh? certainly...how is this for fresh.

No powerup pickups anymore (Except for bolton weapons, so the gold box will stay). you want to get healed/extra shells? Call in a support ship. Then you have to stay still for a few seconds while the support ship docks and repares/adds ammo to your tank. all doable, and will look cool as...something... hehe.

Oh! Oh! or how abouts every single tank having its own weapons, speeds, armor, etc? or turretless tanks, ones that have no turret, and rely solely on turning to aim? or tanks with no main gun, but have to call in a support ship/cap ship support to destroy a target?

------------------
### Hi, I'm a sig virus. Please add me to the end of your signature so I can take over the world. ### - Caught from excaliber @ B5mg.com

Flying Tanks and Cookie Dough?
Oh, wait, no. If tanks were ment to fly they would have been born with little bags of salted peanuts.

IP:

KiLlEr
posted July 25, 2002 12:24 AM            
Use an ent chain since the bauble uses a mesh, and all mesh derrived classes allow for entity chaining.

Contact me on ICQ, my number is listed here in the forums, as I need something like this for TeamCTF to emulate Battletech's heat affects on certain weapons.

IP:

Neo
posted July 25, 2002 02:55 AM            
I've ALWAYS relied solely on turning the tank to aim. Never used the turret at all. Play only with keyboard.

IP:

Paranor
posted July 25, 2002 08:44 AM            
dump the flags. anything else you asked is greek to me.

neo, i use keyboard and turn the turret with it.

IP:

Random Chaos
posted July 25, 2002 12:36 PM            
Um...A2597 - when I have a chance to get on ICQ, tell me what you're planning...there "may" be a way arround this flag problem

How about a flag that comes from the turret that says "bang"

IP: