|
Author Topic:   POLL for PoolHall Map
=DNX= Matrix
posted July 23, 2002 11:31 PM            
Simple answers/replies here only please.

Situation : The pockets are tough to get out of on purpose, this is to test your skills at driving a poolball, your patience at getting out and your risitance of using the deathwish. which is often needed here. Its patience vs score.... so here is the Quizzical:

POGO Pickup in the pockets for easy escape

-OR-

Leave as is.

Please answer : POGO ----OR---- LEAVE IT

cheers.

IP:

BamZipPow
posted July 23, 2002 11:36 PM            
Pogo...

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted July 24, 2002 01:43 AM            
Just don't put a spawn point in the pockets.Driving has nothing to do with it when you spawn in them.Then you might have a Pogo in there if you fall in and can't get out.

IP:

BamZipPow
posted July 24, 2002 02:18 AM            
You could always put death in the pockets...

IP:

BamZipPow
posted July 24, 2002 02:19 AM            
Just remember,Matrix in the side pocket, no rails...

IP:

Niimaur
posted July 24, 2002 05:35 AM         
POGO ... Where is the Pool-ball, please?

------------------

Niimaur aka Nim - Dwarf

IP:

Paranor
posted July 24, 2002 07:56 AM            
death in the pockets

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted July 24, 2002 10:26 AM            
Why dont ppl get "POGO ----OR---- LEAVE IT" is this too hard a concept for people to grasp !!

ok death in the pockets hu.... that would have to be a pickup anyway so you may as well deathwish - come on peeps think....

The only way round it would be to burry the holes right down to the water and have RC's "acid water" in effect, and burrying the hole that deep anyway will cause instability on the pooltables surface...

IP:

KiLlEr
posted July 24, 2002 11:40 AM            
Or just put a self perpetuating insta-kill projectile in the holes.

I think the issue (as pointed out above) is that you can spawn in the holes, no that you can drive into them.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted July 24, 2002 01:17 PM            
"Or just put a self perpetuating insta-kill projectile"-

If you make it ill put it in, im crud with weapons. Though i did think pogo would be funnier, had visions of all these pool balls in the air popping up like geysers lol..... The projectiles are brutal and nobody but "the world" gets score out of it lol.. cool idea tho.

IP:

Rex R
posted July 24, 2002 01:42 PM            
I can see it now, you're stuck in a pocket and you look up to see a rather large cue ball desending toward you...SPLAAAT!

IP:

BamZipPow
posted July 24, 2002 01:48 PM            
I'll vote again then...

Pogo! (or a 5 second spewer that punts you out of the hole). Make the splash/kick HUGE so no one can stay in the hole too long before getting popped out...

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted July 24, 2002 03:49 PM            
LOL!You can really run a poll when people don't want A or B...they want C,there own opinion

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted July 24, 2002 04:38 PM            
and who am i to fly in the face of public opinion, after all its them thatll be playing it. lol

IP:

KingTiger
posted July 24, 2002 05:20 PM            
WEll i dont know about u ppl but i think its fine haw it is......... The only problem i c with the map is the bumper situation.sry Matrix.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted July 24, 2002 05:42 PM            
ya well theres no easy way to do that in tm cos the angles needed arnt allowedm i did make it so that if u slam into em tho they bounce u up not over.

IP:

KingTiger
posted July 24, 2002 07:43 PM            
sry again matrix but i edited ur map and came up with an idea make a couple of statues that have a all black tex and u make the modle have the light effect on the falcon so its transparent(this is so u can still c the sky box)u plAce the statues on the bumper edge so if u do go fly'n u wont go into orbit and so its easyer to get the Balls in the holes.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted July 24, 2002 09:50 PM            
Thats gonna be kina odd when a nuke hits tho cos the beam will go across and you cant leave the table which is pretty confining.... i made the floor so ppl could fight on that too lol... and the idea of pogo'ing ppl to the highest extent of the map was exactly what i had in mind lol...

I had the same idea when i was making it but rejected it.

If someone makes a deathmode for the pockets ill go with that (which is in effect just a deathwish anyway)... other than that ill go with the pogo idea i think.

[This message has been edited by =DNX= Matrix (edited July 24, 2002).]

IP:

KingTiger
posted July 25, 2002 01:24 AM            
i find somthing new to say every time but....Its sounds like a lot of work and figured that u put the floor tex for a reson but making the wall mass just enof so nukes an get threw and........
(he starts to think "O' Shut UP King Tiger"

IP:

KiLlEr
posted July 25, 2002 09:14 AM            
I can come up with the ent for the pockets-o-death over the weekend. The only prob I see with the pogo is that you will get a hill in your pocket which would interfere with the balls going in, eventually filling up the pocket. If you add another ent to the pogo which would remove the hill (kinda like the real nuke's method of making craters with a lip around it) you can fix this problem, but you will start to cause lag as each time a pogo goes off, the terrain is updated twice.

IP:

Rex R
posted July 25, 2002 12:14 PM            
mayhap if 1 were to use something along the lines of a jump missile, use a jump missile instead of a pogo projectile. may get to fooling about with it.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted July 25, 2002 01:12 PM            
Ya i tried the pogo and discovered the hill part.... hmmm pockets o death it is then, would be cool to have a shotgun soundand a vertical bang explosion effect like u would get with a compressed explosion, maybe some after smoke too - what ya think ?

IP:

Rex R
posted July 25, 2002 01:20 PM            
as long as you're not at 'sealevel' jump missiles don't leave hills behind

IP:

KiLlEr
posted July 25, 2002 04:10 PM            
Sounds good Matrix

I'll get on it Saturday.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted July 25, 2002 09:08 PM            
cool - nice one killer thx - me n u one day need to sit on icq and cgat about weapons ! i just dont get it at all lol

Maybe some1 should do a small tutorial about how to get started or how to get this type of effect or that type of efect etc etc..

Dreamers recoding tmapper from scratch with some new bits added so ill be doing a tutorial on that soon as i get a copy.

IP: