|
Author Topic:   Sharing time…what is your emotional experience when you play a DDM
posted July 23, 2002 12:45 AM            
Well…what can I say…I become possessed when I play hard core TM…and especially a DDM. So much so that the kids don’t come near me when do a DDM. Yesterday, Jon was just standing by me watching and I would shout “GET AWAY! YOUR TO CLOSE TO ME!” Don’t even touch me…I’ll go ballistic and shout “DON’T TOUCH ME!” I became scared regarding my emotional instability. I almost thought I should quit playing TM because I am possessed when I play. Outside of TM, I am mellow and enjoy laugh all the time.

Now, here is the question… what is the emotional experience when you play a DDM.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted July 23, 2002 01:43 AM            
I play like mad..... till i see Ras, Super or Vlad - then i wet myself if i cant get outa the way in time
I then breakdown and cry..... ring the samaritans and tell them im going to do myself in... but then i just wind up doing the whole thing again lol.....

IP:

Rex R
posted July 23, 2002 01:45 AM            
well I tend to get annoyed when bystanders make/ask stupid comments/questions while I'm playing (thats if I haven't tuned them out by focusing on the game)

IP:

Irascible
posted July 23, 2002 01:49 AM            
LOL! dEVIL ain't kidding either. He'll actually hold his breath and then exhale violently when he frags or gets fragged. Though I'm having a hard time figuring out how the dEVIL gets possessed.

My emotions?
-When I utterly dominate: giddy joy
-When I'm behind in a game: frustration
-When I win a close one: relief combined with disgust for the lech who dared challenge me
-When I lose a game: violent, shrill and angry bloodlust against all of humanity

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted July 23, 2002 04:21 AM            
One time I broke my keyboard drawer by banging my fists on it

IP:

Venom'
posted July 23, 2002 04:36 AM            
About 5-6 I have banged on my desk so hard that I jumped the comp case off the desk and it hit so hard that it froze the computer. Thats when I log off my friend. Although I didn't have that problem at dEVIL's lan party cause I mean I was the best one there!!

IP:

Grind_and_Click
posted July 23, 2002 07:32 AM            
i always have to have my baseball cap on when i play,keep the hair out of my eyes,i usualy play with my toung to and do general weird stuff like screaming "AAARRR TANK TO THE STARBOARD BOW CAPNNNN ARRRRR" e.t.c

i talk to players to,like their little quirks they usualy do to kill me like circle me or wait below a hill,ill be like"aahhh thought i was gona go over didnt you DIDNT YOU MUUAHAHHAHAHAAAAAAA arrr =)"

and stuff

IP:

Paranor
posted July 23, 2002 08:12 AM            
nice to see a post from G&C!

I've been through one set of keyboard (been slammed about 50 times but amazingly these Dell keyboards fix easily - now if I could just slam my video card to get a new one. )

But during the whole time I think warm brotherly thoughts - like how good it is to char Aragon & Tiggs tank because they STINK!

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted July 23, 2002 12:08 PM            
Tip: if like me the mouse goes flying across the room after 6 games of zero score, buy an extension lead and save ur motherboard ports

IP:

BamZipPow
posted July 23, 2002 01:21 PM            
Just get yerself a wireless mouse...

IP:

ARAGON
posted July 23, 2002 01:29 PM            
I usually yell out "@!#$&*^% it" and my wife yells back "Did Ras/Sup/Par get you again?"

As a side note, I noticed the left hand side of my wrist support pad has worn down ever since I started to play TM....coincendence?

------------------
mmmmmmmmmmmmmm....cake and TM.......

[This message has been edited by ARAGON (edited July 23, 2002).]

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted July 23, 2002 02:39 PM            
LOL!Thats what makes this game so fun.

IP:

Paranor
posted July 23, 2002 08:48 PM            
you need to be honest aragon - there are other reasons why your wrist pad is...oh never mind, let's keep it clean.

you use your mouse to play?

IP:

-DNX-Ni
posted July 23, 2002 09:54 PM            
Start the game with intentions of losing but hopefully not by much this time...

get about 5-6 early frags and feel good about 'THIS' game, then think these things don't last forever and almost will myself to play 5**t. Become frustrated at whoever frags me then shout some unrepeatable expletives at the nearest cat and blame it!

Feel a little relieved and finish about 6th then onto the next game... like a looping action of emotions for the next game!

------------------
If I Were Me and You Were You, and I Fragged You... tough!!

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted July 23, 2002 10:02 PM            
on occasion ive been known to send the eagle and shout at names on the final score screen as if they can actually see or hear me at the other side LMAO !

OMG THE WEBCAMS ON !

IP:

Paranor
posted July 24, 2002 01:18 PM            
eagle? I think over here it's "the birdie"

IP:

Rex R
posted July 24, 2002 01:38 PM            
yeah well what do you expect from a country where they use 2 fingers to 'flip the bird'

IP:

MexIndian
posted July 24, 2002 02:30 PM            
lol Rex.

DDMs I get real bloodlusty, like I sit up on my chair, etc.

DCTF's though...... now that's stress. I do bang my fists down and stuff shakes, but I keep my hands off the equipment.... company paid and all.
And some of the time, if Peeeto can hear me yell, then we yell at eachother.

But no-one should get frustrated at any point in the game..... nothing is set till that, "X WINS THE MATCH". I've come back from like 3 kills @ 15 mins to win the game, and I've totally lost games that I dominated by 10 frags. So just take a deep breath yall, it's all in good fun.

------------------
If I were you and you were me and I fragged you whose score would go up?

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted July 24, 2002 03:47 PM            
I thought it used to be the index finger over there?I got a few from girls

IP:

Grind_and_Click
posted July 26, 2002 08:52 AM            
the 2 finger flip the bird thing is a historical thing that just stuck...when scotland was fighting england (yes that flik with mel gibdson and the hot french chik Rex)the archers used 2 fingers to fire their bow (obviousely)but when captured they had their 2 fingers cut off so they were then useless if they were rescued or cr4p. so to take the whizz (i think after the war) they fliped them off showing them they were never caught and had them cut off

class dismissed =)

IP:

posted July 26, 2002 10:12 AM            
It must be true...my sons watch Pokemon and Ash Ketchem (the main character) use to use the 2nd and 3rd fingers as a sign for victory in the earlier cartoons...but I noticed in the later cartoons he only uses the 2nd finger for vitory.... too funny

IP:

posted July 26, 2002 01:33 PM            
hey Ras...I finally figured it out why I violently explode with a breath when I frag a tank...I do the same thing in karate when I punch or kick...

Remember breath in...and breathe out...now wasn't that better.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted July 26, 2002 01:47 PM            
The Victory 'V' is different.... Thats Winston Churchill at work - that stuck too - check out Will Smith's hand gestgure to the alien just before firing the nuke into their ship "PEACE" !

IP:

Cap-N-Jack
unregistered
posted July 26, 2002 02:27 PM           
i play to have fun.
(2 key boards later , 1 mouse and a new screen )
lol
no i dont get into the game.
its the only game i play.
got to love it!

old dogs never die we just smell that way

[This message has been edited by Cap-N-Jack (edited July 26, 2002).]

IP:

Rex R
posted July 27, 2002 01:36 AM            
the 'V' for victory is carefully shown with back of the hand toward yourself, done the other way can get you into trouble. haven't seen brave heart (did spend a couple of years over RAF Ben****ers courtesy of the us gov)

IP: