This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2  |
Author Topic:   CLAN DDM
ARAGON
posted July 15, 2002 12:29 PM            
I know this is going to open a can of worms, so everyone please maintain themselves as best they can. Also, I do NOT speak for my CLAN (DOG).

I personally think the results of this CLAN battle shouldn't count. Why? It wasn't setup correctly.

There are two sides to this argument though, and that is what took me awhile to come to a decision. One, we won all three because we had an EXCELLENT (shout out to the DOGs) turnout for our CLAN. Therefore, we had the most members and won (barely the second game, though).

However, I know a lot of the other players from the other CLANs weren't too happy with the wrong config setting. Thus I feel our CLAN will have a stigma with this CLAN DDM win. I keep thinking these questions:

* Would we have won all three games if it was 99 frags and not 30?
* Would all the DOG clan members stayed for all three games for a solid game plan for each game (a lot of DOG players are from over the pond and its quite late over there)
* Would Golden_Ant start getting a frag for each chat sentence, and thus make a huge run-up in frag counts? (heh heh)

Again, I speak for myself: I just don't feel satisfied with this win.

------------------
mmmmmmmmmmmmmm....cake and TM.......

IP:

King John 1st
posted July 15, 2002 01:27 PM            
You're right, shame it happened this week with such a good turnout, what a dog day night it could have been.

IP:

coaxs
posted July 15, 2002 01:34 PM            
I think we were all thinking that, but were just waiting for DOG to mention it.

I have no qualms using the results from this weekends match and have an other clan war next Sunday so the other clans can get even. But, in order to do this I still need the pics!!!

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

posted July 15, 2002 01:58 PM            
Hey DOG's you won...don't worry about the setting...it is not the 1st time the the setting were not what people were expecting...nor will it be the last time...Hope to see you all at the next DDM...

------------------
Play Hard...Play Fair...See You Online

IP:

posted July 15, 2002 02:08 PM            
At my house there were Susan, Jon and me at the clan match...thus I was shouting instructions to both of them...kind of cool...But here is a funny part of the DDM...Susan got the ram drill I was shouting at her to "DUMP IT...DUMP IT"...meanwhile she goes and kills several tanks with it... She would says "I just killed Supe!"...she loved being there...

So Aragon and Paranor...I know your kids are on line...so...when are your wives going online to play...HUH...HUH...or have your wives not found tank costumes yet...

IP:

Paranor
posted July 15, 2002 02:31 PM            
Again, it's my server and I'm sorry that it wasn't setup correctly. However, I finally had time to copy it over, etc. and now it is in it's own directory so the settings will be the same from now on.

So we do re-do for next Sunday or just rack 'em up and give it to whomever won? I need the pics also!

IP:

Paranor
posted July 15, 2002 02:33 PM            
Oh yeah - forgot to respond to 666. I'll ask my wife since your wife is playing.

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted July 15, 2002 03:20 PM            
I would prefer a rematch since there were techinical difficulties.Although there was no way in hell DNX would have won if the setup was correct.And I don't want a rematch so I can get more DNX to show for the next one.Just feel it wasn't right.The whole thing was over in 15 minutes.
And I don't know.Its hard to say who would have won if it was 99.GA and BWL had a awesome showing too.I don't want to rain on the DOG's parade....they did a great job in getting their people to show.

IP:

Paranor
posted July 15, 2002 05:11 PM            
did I mention I was sorry?

IP:

King John 1st
posted July 15, 2002 05:48 PM            
LOL

IP:

harmless
posted July 15, 2002 06:23 PM            
just curious... what are the normal settings
for a clan DDM?

after the first two games... all i was thinking
was wOOt and pfffft....[guess it's infectious]
[i hope there are pills i can take for that]

that was the first clan battle i was in...
but... is there a need for a frag limit?
why not just have a 15/20 minute time limit
and just let the frags racks up?

that way... each time there is a clan DDM,
every one can have certain expectations....
we all play for one hour.
4 games at 15 minutes or 3 games at 20 minutes

one hour is reasonable and everyone then knows
what to expect... there are no premature ends
and everyone gets a fair shot.

a time limit instead of a frag limit would
also give all clans a fighting chance,
regardless of how many show up.

personally, i like being on an under
represented clan since everything that moves
is a target... and i don't have to worry that my
nuke is going to get a team-mate

and if i knew i had 20 minutes... i know that
LWA would post a respectable showing...
and even win against the odds.

well... it's a thought.

toodles,
harmless
wOOt! how did that red dot get behind me!

IP:

coaxs
posted July 15, 2002 06:27 PM            
Great idea Harmless. I say we should do a time limit instead too. One question for the server ops can we get the frag limit higher then 99? I guess we'll have to try it out and see.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

BamZipPow
posted July 15, 2002 06:42 PM            
Coax...
/forums/archive/ubb/Forum9/HTML/000402.html

And if you want to see that in action, check out the server Boomstick 4. It's setup for that...but only 18 minutes short/long. Just make sure you bring yer crying towel! :O

[This message has been edited by BamZipPow (edited July 15, 2002).]

IP:

Bonzo Dog
posted July 15, 2002 07:14 PM            
All,s fair in love and war N1 dogs, wish i could have been there.

IP:

Irascible
posted July 15, 2002 07:49 PM            
I say let lame D0Gs lie.

I kill myself sometimes.

------------------
I'm Batman.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted July 15, 2002 08:58 PM            
"I kill myself sometimes."-Ras...

- Ya i noticed that LOL, OOooohh walked right into that 1 Ras lol..

I dont think ill say anything about the DDM cos although i did show for the last game - i didnt know the whole shindig was over some 45 minutes previous. Supe is right tho, getting the ppl to show is half the battle right there.

We'll do better next time - and own that 99 frag limit again

IP:

Paranor
posted July 15, 2002 09:49 PM            
I guess we can do a time limit only - how do we proceed - just do it?

----------------

did I mention I was sorry?

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted July 15, 2002 09:56 PM            
I like that idea too.Since nobody knows how may of each clan would come.And that usually determines how long the game takes.The more they got the quicker to 99.
So lets do a 30 minute time with unlimited frags.Maybe fatigue would be a factor?And it would give the other clans a chance to catch up and preform a miracle.
As spokesman for DNX TM I say go for it.

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted July 15, 2002 09:58 PM            
So is it going to happen this Sunday?With the correct setup and all?Need to get the word out as fast as possible.

IP:

coaxs
posted July 15, 2002 10:29 PM            
Paranor: click Bam's link.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

Paranor
posted July 15, 2002 11:06 PM            
I know that - I meant do I just go ahead and do it?

IP:

coaxs
posted July 15, 2002 11:13 PM            
sure.

IP:

ARAGON
posted July 15, 2002 11:20 PM            
As Ahhhhnold would say:

"Goooo ohhhhhhhhhnnnn, dewwwwwwwwwwwwwww it"

Seriously, should this be a vote type thingy-doo-hickey-thing-a-ma-bob?

------------------
mmmmmmmmmmmmmm....cake and TM.......

IP:

posted July 16, 2002 12:15 AM            
Hey...let's think about the 30 min limit and what the terrain would look like...I am inclined to have it over in an hour with 3 20 min battles...just a thought...

Congrats to Paranor on the server not being laggy...I have yet to hear of anyone complaining about lagging

IP:

Rex R
posted July 16, 2002 01:48 AM            
my thoughts are that the maps get pretty well torn up in a mere 20 minutes (with a turnout of 16-22 players) anudder thing with 20 minute matches the whole shooten match will last prox 65 minutes(counting cool down and entry delay). I vote for 20 minute matches also say let stand the result of most recent ddm. lets face it the dogs did a wonderful job of getting their pack out to play

IP:

This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2