|
Author Topic:   Buying treadmarks
Efflixi
posted July 11, 2002 07:31 PM            
Ok, its been over a year since i've been here and GoldenAnt has convinced me to buy TreadMarks. I was around for the very first demo, but kinda went away from it later. Anyone know of places that sell TM? I'm sure its in the bargain bin somewhere hehe.

IP:

=DNX= Tiggs
posted July 11, 2002 08:54 PM            
To find one in a store....good luck. You can order online like most of us did from LDA web site for $28. Includes S & H.
http://www.treadmarks.com

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted July 11, 2002 08:59 PM            
He's right, thx largely to AAALame/Akaei the marketting guys.... tm didnt get many out to stores - but you can buy from digital river or the bmt store on the treadmarks.com site.

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted July 11, 2002 10:32 PM            
I got mine at a Babbages or Electric Boutique .Can't remember.I doubt they still carry it but it wouldn't hurt to check.You can't always by online if not.If you are friends with GA can I assume you are young and don't have a credit card?If so me or someone else could buy it and you can mail us a money order.

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted July 11, 2002 11:09 PM            
Silly's hes 21 im 14! I met him LONG LONG ago in TM

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted July 12, 2002 03:30 AM            
Sorry my psychic powers are fading as I get older

IP:

Efflixi
posted July 12, 2002 05:14 AM            
Actually im 22... :p

When TM was first published to stores i remember seeing it in Wal-Mart and CompUSA. There's got to somewhere that still has it. I DO have a credit card but i'd rather not use it if i dont have to.

IP:

BamZipPow
posted July 12, 2002 06:50 AM            
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1366001981

IP:

BamZipPow
posted July 12, 2002 06:54 AM            
Hmmm...I'd be careful of the bidding...

[This message has been edited by BamZipPow (edited July 12, 2002).]

IP:

Paranor
posted July 12, 2002 11:00 AM            
woah - that seller lives 45 minutes from here! I'm going to send him an email. maybe he can be saved! or maybe I'll just excerise my fingers and get no where.

[This message has been edited by Paranor (edited July 12, 2002).]

IP:

BamZipPow
posted July 12, 2002 12:53 PM            
Is that a great find or what?

IP:

BamZipPow
posted July 12, 2002 12:56 PM            
And there's always http://www.akaei.com/ Click on the "Shop" link and choose TM for $12. Not sure on the shipping...

IP:

Paranor
posted July 12, 2002 04:26 PM            
nope - he didn't sound too interested. Must be an all-around idiot - he does live in Green Bay.

Oh wait, Aragon lives in Green Bay. That explains everything!

muahahahaha to brotherly love.

IP:

=DNX= Tiggs
posted July 12, 2002 08:57 PM            
Maybe Aragon should email that guy and have his own copy of TM.

LMAO Par.

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted July 12, 2002 11:04 PM            
I'd like to find out his player name if he has one.........Hmmm...not a bad idea.Make copies of all your retail games then sell them

IP:

Efflixi
posted July 16, 2002 06:17 PM            
Argh, now that i can afford it i cant get it! When i click continue on LDA's site to purchase TM all i get a white screen.

IP:

BamZipPow
posted July 17, 2002 04:21 AM            
Did you use this link?

https://secure.bmtmicro.com/ECommerce-OffSite/LDA_win.html

The Ebay auction item will be ending in about 18 hours. Didn't know if you tried that link or not. It's only at $3.25 now...

IP:

Efflixi
posted July 17, 2002 06:16 AM            
Yea thats what i used... when i select 1 of TreadMarks then click continue i get a white screen.

And after having EBay rip me off when i sold something on there i vowed never to use them again. So thats out of the question. Besides, i would trust buying used software over the internet. Might just be a burned copy of the original.

[This message has been edited by Efflixi (edited July 17, 2002).]

IP:

Rex R
posted July 18, 2002 05:20 AM            
being the helpful sort, I sent an email off to lda...they have tested the link, couldn't find a problem. they did mention that ie v5 needs service pack 2 in order to avoid problems( in general) also included a link to sp2 (lemme know ifn you need it). sorry if this wasn't as helpful as you might have hoped

IP:

Efflixi
posted July 19, 2002 06:00 AM            
I was finally able to get TM ordered... turns out that my father's server was blocking the buy page for some reason. I had to get on the server to order it. But i got it done and it should be here soon!

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted July 19, 2002 12:29 PM            
w00t! Cyah online

IP:

CyberCannon
posted July 31, 2002 03:24 PM            
Hideho Ladies and Gentlemen,
BZP I tried to get a copy through Akaei and after almost two weeks of waiting for it to ship and several e-mails that were not even ackowledged, I finally decided to cancel my order with them. I would not personaly reccomend that route to anyone even though the cost is less than half of anyone else that I have been able to find. I will unfortunately have to wait a little longer to get my copy, though hopefully not too much longer as I do have an interview coming up.
Any on know of another place to get TM not counting the aforementioned LDA, I already know about them, though that is where I will probably get it eventually.

------------------
An Irish Blessing
May the road rise to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the su shine warm upon your face.
The rains fall soft upon your fields and,
Until we meet again.
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

CC

[This message has been edited by CyberCannon (edited July 31, 2002).]

IP:

BamZipPow
posted July 31, 2002 03:49 PM            
Sorry to hear that, CyberCannon. I'll keep my eyes/ears/fingers shopping for more deals then...

IP:

BamZipPow
posted July 31, 2002 03:53 PM            
Found this one on eBay but it's in the UK.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1370067851

Supposed to be new in box and still wrapped. Not sure how much it would cost to get it shipped to the US.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted July 31, 2002 09:08 PM            
Im baggin that baby

shipping to us should be about $8

------------------
DNX WORLD SITE

IP: