|
Author Topic:   Capture The Flag/Frag
GoldAnt_Number1
posted July 11, 2002 07:21 PM            
Heya Hiya How'dy Do I was thinking, In RL capture the flag is mostly about "Stealth".... So heres my idea, why not have the Radar disabled in CTF, Mostly, maybe have flags that are being carried blink every 5 seconds. It'd bring a whole new aspect to the game, right now CTF is based entirely on fragging at high speeds Might be kind of cool so have to scan your flag, the area around it. Guards won't know where your coming from...etc They'll actually have to keep watch, now personally I think this is a REAL snazzy idea! Tell me what you guys think, maybe LDA could do this in their next update

IP:

posted July 12, 2002 11:13 AM            
I think due to the lack of post your ideal did not go over very well...I like the radar...when I play I spend more than half of my time looking at the radar...when I forget the radar is when I get bush whacked.

...ntiluay hentay...

------------------
Play Hard...Play Fair...See You Online

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted July 12, 2002 12:34 PM            
pfft, I got good feedback on ICQ, and I did it on my computer EXACTLY how it was described above, almost but if nobody else posts im just gonna leave it at that... Personally I thought it might be kinda cool to have CTF maps where its all about stealth, trying to move quietly and slowly then jumping onto the flag guarders with flamers lol Flag guarders have to use freelook and SCAN everywhere, even Sky! *flys around in his mite*

IP:

Paranor
posted July 12, 2002 04:27 PM            
I like the idea. How did you remove the radar?

IP:

Dreamer
posted July 12, 2002 04:48 PM         
Sounds like a challenge, actually.

IP:

CyberCannon
posted July 13, 2002 09:48 AM            
Being an ex-Tanarus player I can tell you from experience that it will add a whole new dimension and challenge to your game. I just wish that I could afford the full version (soon I hope) to be playing with you at the time.

------------------
razzafrazza(grumble grumble} I hate AIs

CC

IP:

MexIndian
posted July 13, 2002 12:57 PM            
You'd have to disable the names above tanks also though... you can see that coming a mile away.
But if you do that (if it's even possible), then how to distinguish between friend and foe? Maybe 2 teams 2 tanks?

It would be fun, though. Except, you can't really hear tanks until they're mad close to you anyway (cause the everpresent rumble of the motor would kill it).

------------------
If I were you and you were me and I fragged you whose score would go up?

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted July 14, 2002 01:21 PM            
Actually, I like the idea of keeping the names on. It would add a bit to the fun of the game. One team could send some people to the perimeter to just cruise around just to muck up other people's brains. . .Where is that MexIndian? His name shows up, but I can't see him anywhere *as you really are far away*

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted July 14, 2002 07:50 PM            
pfft, I already *DID* it mex Only thing is its no fun with computeres cause they know where ya are anywasys *gets sniped again*

IP:

posted July 15, 2002 01:37 AM            
Yo...GA...I apoligies...Maybe we will do it at the next LAN Party for fun...

IP:

Paranor
posted July 15, 2002 02:34 PM            
so you can remove names AND the radar?

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted July 15, 2002 02:54 PM            
Haven't tried names yet, im gonna go search and find way to remove names... And yes, I've removed radar, its just 1 ent file you need to edit, and it'd be a server side mod, SO..... No Cheaters that turn radar back on hehehe, just gotta watch out for those AI's........

IP:

Rex R
posted July 16, 2002 01:52 AM            
is it possible to remove just the enemies and leave spawn spots or do you have to dump the whole radar screen?

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted July 16, 2002 12:01 PM            
im currently trying to remove just enemies, I think its doable, but currently they still show up at times. You see you cannot set color to 0,0,0 on enemies because then it turns them black.....

IP:

Rex R
posted July 16, 2002 12:21 PM            
black, right got it. found that out while figuring out text color. I gather that you found the bit that controls the range

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted July 17, 2002 11:03 PM            
w00t! course I have lol

IP: