|
Author Topic:   Dagnabit, now im *mad*
GoldAnt_Number1
posted July 10, 2002 08:20 PM            
Ok, I AM ABOSUTELY TIRED of that pfft'n bug that disconnects your modem while playing TM.... Not just that though, whats really bugging me (not insects) is that when you get disconnected by this bug TM will not connect to any other servers. It times out every time. This bug only happens when TM is running....etc So whats up? It didn't happen in 1.0.1!!!! So why is it happening in 1.5.5-1.6.0... yo, what'd you change with the internet? I remember repeatedly being told this bug was going to be fixed by somebody, but here I am disconnected from the same pfft'n game along with having my modem killed 5 times in a row within the same 20 MINUTES!!!!!! LDA, Could you guys please look into this bug, its very aggravting, I then have to restart my computer to get TM to work, and within 5 minutes the same thing happens yet AGAIN! I know you guys are busy with PlayStation 2 or whatever the thing is called but could you check back at some of the bugs on the PC version real quick? Prehaps make a 1.6.1 update?

BTW, does anybody else experince this? On a modem? Or off a modem?

Whats LDA's E mail? or better yet Jim's official E mail, I remember seeing a few and i'd hate to have to e mail them all to get ahold of them

EDIT:typos lol

[This message has been edited by GoldAnt_Number1 (edited July 10, 2002).]

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted July 10, 2002 08:28 PM            
ARGGHHHHHHHHH crashed yet again! *slams keyboard down in frustration*

[This message has been edited by GoldAnt_Number1 (edited July 10, 2002).]

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted July 10, 2002 09:04 PM            
So, that's where you went! You kept leaving the game. We thought your little sister kept hitting the ctrl + alt + delete command on you.

IP:

Rex R
posted July 11, 2002 01:28 AM            
well now before you burn your pinkies typing a 'nastygram' to lda, they will want some info to help track down this 'bug', such as;type, brand of modem, model, driver version(if any), OS, 'puter brand, type, amount of mem, free space on hdd. (there I think about covers it) be warned though tracking down what may be a hardware software interaction takes a while

IP:

spindle
posted July 11, 2002 03:54 AM         
agree with last post - I have never had this error with my system / cable modem - so seems it might be hardware-config dependent

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted July 11, 2002 03:59 AM            
well ive had tm dump me out to desktop a few times but never disconn the modem.

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted July 11, 2002 04:10 AM            
Sounds like something with your modem setting and not TM.The fact that you modem hangs up is prob why TM is crashing.I know simple things like someone messaging me on ICQ while I'm playing can cause my game to crash sometimes.And when I get disconnect for whatever reason its the same.Go to the control panel,modems,highlight your modem,and click properties and make sure all tthe setting are ok.Like the idle timeout settings.
It could very well be TM though or even your ISP*gasp*

IP:

CyberCannon
posted July 11, 2002 10:19 AM            
I've had that problem GA but I have never associated it with TM, especially since my ISP is forever kicking me off during the day (must not be one of the "impotent" accounts.) I can sympathize with you and your problem though.

------------------
razzafrazza(grumble grumble} I hate AIs

CC

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted July 11, 2002 01:18 PM            
Well, I thought about it being my ISP already, I even downloaded a few progs that would supposedly help They didn't, how come it didn't happen in 1.0.1 but it has ever since the upgrade? Im thinking it must be something new in the multiplayer part of TM. I Checked around my modem and in the internet options...etc Nothing wrong there, Super, why would TM disallow you to connect to any other online games after it does its little kill the modem thing? Even if I restart TM.... I have to restart the computer to get back into an online game, then it usually crashes within 5 mins again

IP:

BamZipPow
posted July 11, 2002 02:51 PM            
If you want GA, I could reinstall my modem (ISA 56k US Robotics) and see if TM will duplicate your symptoms. If I remember correctly, it never did the things that are happening to your Dell system.

It still sounds like a driver problem. Have you checked lately to see if there are any driver updates for your hardware?

Looking over your specs, you do have a US Robotics 56k WinModem. Has anyone else had the same problems with WinModems as GA mentioned?

I'm not sure of your model number so I'm not able to find out if there are any new drivers for your modem. Check the US Robotics webpage for updates. www.usrobotics.com

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted July 11, 2002 03:06 PM            
I think you ISP is disconnecting you and the fact that the game crashes is causing Win Explorer to crash and the rest of your 32bit applications.Just my opinion by what it sounds.I have never heard of TM bug that disconnects you and dosen't allow you to use the netwrok until you reboot.We would all have it if that were the case.Or the ones with dialup.We are all running the same software.

Go to http://www.dslreports.com and run a line test then post the link to the results here.

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted July 11, 2002 06:46 PM            
where/how? *keeps looking*

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted July 11, 2002 07:00 PM            
This it? http://www.dslreports.com/speedresults/73c298ca3687/806613

pfft, they made me sign up *looks up in tears*

IP:

harmless
posted July 12, 2002 02:22 AM            
hello GA,

since it did not happen with v1.0.1,
but it does happen with v1.5/1.6
you know what it might be....those bloody mp3z TM uses for in-game music.

i don't know about anybody else, but one
reason why i still play v1.0.1 is the switch
that the game made from using wav files for
v1.0.1 to their use of mp3s for v1.5/1.6

everytime an mp3 starts up, there is a one
second lag where the game will freeze.
this happens whether the game is local or on
a game server. i personally like the ingame
music, but that one second lag each and every
time an mp3 starts up is rather annoying.
when i turn off the music in the options,
i do not get any lag when playing TM v1.5

i never had that problem with v1.0.1 and their
use of wav files for the music.

i am sincerely hoping that LDA goes back to
using wav files for the in-game music when
TMv2 is finally released.

so if you're playing TM with the music turned
on, you might try turning the music off and
seeing if you still get disconnected.

toodles,
harmless

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted July 12, 2002 03:27 AM            
Well I guess they do make you login now.Used to have a free area but you had to wait in line to do it.Run the line packet loss test.This should tell you if your ISP or lines are screwed up.If not it must be your hardware or software.Post the link to the results bacause it might be hard for you to get any info out of it.

So you are playing a game and you get disconnected and it kicks you out to the desktop or does it just freeze?Need details as to what happens when you are playing.

IP:

Efflixi
posted July 12, 2002 06:11 AM            
If your getting a pause whenever TM loads an MP3 that means your computer isn't quite fast enough. Simple as that, upgrade and you'll see a difference.

My Pentium 4 2.26GHz w/ GeForce 4 doesn't lag when the game plays an MP3.

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted July 12, 2002 01:14 PM            
erm, super, I already told ya but again heres what happens, im playing TM.. Suddenly I hear the modem click off inside the cpu... and nothing moves in TM... I look down at the little internet indicator in the taskbar, and low and behold it disappears. Then I cannot get into any TM Multiplayer games until I restart the computer, Harmless, it must be the sound... I was thinking something around the same thing, when it crashes theres always the , such and such music has started playing, I don't use any mp3's except the ones LDA has provided, and thats because im to lazy to turn them off, im gonna try playing online with the music off, because im thinking the music might be overloading my poor antish cpu

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted July 12, 2002 01:16 PM            
btw, the game is neither frozen, or kicked out. Its perfectly fine, just lack of incoming data, so I wait for it to finally time out, or I can escape and hit stop game...

IP:

ARAGON
posted July 13, 2002 03:23 PM            
The REAL issue here is this: wtf is a pfft'n bug?

lol

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted July 13, 2002 04:22 PM            
Ok,so you run in Window mode?Thats the only way to see the connection lights while playing.And when it disconnects are you able to still use the connection for other things other than TM?
And have you ever ran the line test yet?

IP:

BamZipPow
posted July 13, 2002 10:13 PM            
Seems like it's the MP3s yer playing. Just disable it from playing in the game and use an external MP3 player instead...

IP: