|
Author Topic:   Spindle says "hi", thanks many people then finally asks his question
spindle
posted July 10, 2002 06:25 AM         
Fraggers,

just wanted to say hi to everyone and thanks for the opportunity to join in all the mutual fragging that has been going on :-)

I also want to introduce myself (and hopefully imprint the name SPINDLE in your memories) as I have been connecting for quite a while now but I still get the inevitable "are you new to TM?" everytime I join a game!

Anyway, thanks to harmless and bamzippow for addons sent recently

and thanks also to paranor, capnjack and teulk yesterday for an enjoyable CTF - it is good to see fraggers getting into to CTF at last - sorry I had to disconnect abrubtly, something was burning in the kitchen!

One question - are there any DDM matches that are not at like 2am european time (ie 8pm EST)?? Would love to join one one day. I notice that a lot of players are on line like at 3am EST which means either:-
1 - they do not need to sleep
2 - they prefer to frag than to sleep (more likely)
in any case it seems there is a great demand for DDMs at that time - what do you think??

adios amoebos...

------------------
|
<|> Spindle
| Oir

IP:

Paranor
posted July 10, 2002 10:28 AM            
Hi again! I try to play at lunch time so maybe we'll see more of each other.

Did you get the "master client" from those two clowns, I mean players?

There is/was a EURO DDM but someone else will have to tell you when - I don't know.

l8r

IP:

BamZipPow
posted July 10, 2002 11:04 AM            
Hey Spindle,

Welcome to the forums! Glad to hear you liked the files!

As for you Paranor, guess I'll have to make a "Paranor" tank with yer goobie picture on it! I'm thinking of the clown ice cream van from the Twisted Metal series. Hmmm, that might be a pretty good idea...

IP:

spindle
posted July 10, 2002 11:56 AM         
Paranor,
dont know about any master client (I already have 1.6 full version) - just got a bunch of tanks and weapons data for addons directory.
Euro ddm sounds interesting - anyone got more info???

IP:

BamZipPow
posted July 10, 2002 12:20 PM            
http://dnxworld.homestead.com/bzprotmpage.html

You should be able to find it in the Tools section on the left side. It's the 12th item under that title. Click it and it should download. Install it and you should be able to see if anyone's on the servers and which servers are up. But don't connect to a game with it or leave it running when you fire up Tread Marks as it will crash you out!

There's also a ton of neat tools, proggies, links, and tutorials here, too! Check it out...

IP:

Teulk
posted July 10, 2002 12:33 PM            
Hopefully, the clowns he was refering to were Paranor and CapnJAck

I'm not experienced enough yet to have that high a classification!!!! )

[This message has been edited by Teulk (edited July 10, 2002).]

IP:

Rex R
posted July 10, 2002 12:35 PM            
yes some of us ARE staying up late( by choice) after working the late shift for years it comes naturally

IP:

Paranor
posted July 10, 2002 12:51 PM            
goobie? that's a new one.

IP:

coaxs
posted July 10, 2002 02:16 PM            
lol, I'm one of the players to blame.

I asked Spindle last night if he was a newb and apparently I've played with him before. Once you post on the bboard though the name does get imprinted though.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted July 10, 2002 03:33 PM            
I don't know if the Euro DDM is still going on.I think it was at 4 or 3pm EST on Sunday.
Someone will have to come and clarify that.

I'm probablly another one that asks if you are new.If I don't reconize the name I ask sometimes.Not to make fun but to welcome to TM

IP:

posted July 10, 2002 03:54 PM            
Hey welcome to the boards...glad to see you posting and playing. As for the DDM European, yeah it is around 3PM EST...I went there once and got pounded by the DOG clan...hope to go back for another beating...

------------------
Play Hard...Play Fair...See You Online

IP:

=DNX= Tiggs
posted July 10, 2002 04:54 PM            
Welcome to the BB Spindle.

------------------
"I see fragged people...they're everywhere...they walk around like everyone else...they don't even know that they're fragged."
DNX-Tiggs, D.O.G - Aragon, BWL-Paranor and BWL-Tiger.
Family. Redefined.

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted July 10, 2002 06:11 PM            
w00t! Welcome spindle, you got ICQ/AIM/MSN/IRC/or YAHOO? (all instant messengers). *NAME HAS BEEN IMPRINTED,WARNING,WARNING* *THIS MESSAGE WILL SELF DESTRUCT WHEN YOU LEAST WANT IT TO*

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted July 10, 2002 09:08 PM            
No GoldAnt, that is just your games that gets deleted. . .The name will live forever. Welcome Spindle.

I'll be the tank that is collecting the frequent flyer miles :*)

IP:

swisher
posted July 10, 2002 09:43 PM            
Welcome!

------------------
Swisher - Check out ENTegrety for mods.
BWL/MG

IP:

Paranor
posted July 10, 2002 09:55 PM            
Waddup GA1? You didn't nag him on getting Trillan? ooooooooooh - major pfft's.

EDIT: oops - forgot a smiley:

[This message has been edited by Paranor (edited July 10, 2002).]

IP:

spindle
posted July 11, 2002 05:23 AM         
thanks all for the welcomes and extra links to resources and the euro ddm time

there are some great mods out there - but driving around inside dnx-matrix's eyeball in a camaro letting off nukes is kinda weird, fun and disconcerting all at the same time :-)

bye for now
see you online

Spindle

IP:

spindle
posted July 11, 2002 05:28 AM         
and...
- no instant messaging sorry
- superunknown : don't worry - you are innocent! (I think)

IP:

CyberCannon
posted July 11, 2002 10:28 AM            
Hideho Spindle,
I saw the title of your post and thought that maybe we had a relative of GA joining us.

------------------
razzafrazza(grumble grumble} I hate AIs

CC

IP:

spindle
posted July 11, 2002 10:31 AM         
eh?
what's the title got to do with GA?

IP:

Niimaur
posted July 11, 2002 11:40 AM         
Welcome Spindle. I'm relatively new to TM as well. I have been online on Sunday evenings but I did not know/realise that there was a formal DDM running - I was just aware that I got the sh1t kicked out of me fiercely
If anyone has definite information on a "European DDM", it might be useful to start a new thread with details of time, server, mods, etc..

Niimaur aka Nim - Dwarf

[This message has been edited by Niimaur (edited July 11, 2002).]

IP:

CyberCannon
posted July 13, 2002 10:46 AM            
Spindle,
GA is known for sying things in much the same way as you did in your title. Much of the time he loses me half way through a post, and I haave never considered myself especially dense either. You on the other hand I was able to folow with out any touble, so it was only the similarity to his posts that caused that comment.

------------------
razzafrazza(grumble grumble} I hate AIs

CC

IP: