|
Author Topic:   DDM31 lag - need input
Paranor
posted July 08, 2002 12:03 PM            
we had 15 people. usually that was enough to cause problems. other than some of us getting totally disconnected (but other stayed on) and giving RAS an easy win (hehe ) did anyone have problems like in the past?

only time will tell if the new setup is good - need about 24 players to find out for certain.

IP:

=DNX=killa
posted July 08, 2002 01:29 PM            
now that you bring it up i had a couple problems with getting disconected no lag though

killa

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted July 08, 2002 03:52 PM            
Wasn't really seeing and reg lag this time.I was noticing a few delays when firing a weapon.Like when I pressed the fire button usually it would fire that instant but it would take like a half a sec to fire after the request.Then you wouldn't see all the missles flying.I would only visually see something like 10 out of 20 swarmers for example.But overall the server ran much better.

IP:

=DNX= Tiggs
posted July 08, 2002 05:05 PM            
I was having the same problem as Super. I was also wondering if your changing the gravity on the maps? When I go onto your server I cant get over 40 mph and it takes a year to climb a hill or even turn around. That is why I left, I was getting so pissed because I could not even out run a airstrike on level ground with 100 health. I went onto the LDA server and had no problems. Anyone else have this problem?

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted July 08, 2002 10:10 PM            
Now that you mention it Tiggs I noticed the gravity thing too.I thought it was just me but it seemd very sluggish and I'm not talking about the network.Like the tank was going half speed.Taking forever to turn and pivot,climb hills,run flat out...ect.

IP:

Irascible
posted July 08, 2002 10:40 PM            
As others have said:
-It was much better than before.
-I noticed that slight delay in weapons. It wasn't so much the firing of them, but the visual display of them. I got fragged multitudinous times by weapons I never saw, or saw only partially.
-I didn't notice that gravity thing this time. Though I seem to recall having that experience in the past. It may have just been the adrenaline making the brain speed up and the perception of time slow down.
-But I'm not complaining. Really, I'm not.

IP:

Rex R
posted July 09, 2002 01:26 AM            
I experienced some odd delays tween maps (like getting the map change msg, tank froze(like it timed out sorta, then spawn in the new map some 15 sec after the next match started). didn't notice lag though (any more than ussual for me)

IP:

Paranor
posted July 09, 2002 07:47 AM            
lol - I wouldn't have a clue on how to change the gravity.

Maybe - just maybe - with the new setup I need to up some of the other settings in order to keep it due to having enough bandwidth. Will continue to tweak.

IP: