|
Author Topic:   How can Newbies get in the game??????
Cobra
posted July 06, 2002 05:22 PM         
Hey,

Anybody got a minute for a beginner's questions? I've been playing the game for a year or so but haven't played online yet. I pinged the TM server but found only AI games. How do I find links to play real TM'ers!!!???

Thanks Guys!

IP:

Robo Jaws
posted July 06, 2002 06:11 PM            
Hi Cobra,
You havent said where you are in the world.
If you are playing in Europe then from
8PM BST you will find the us in Europe playing.
Then the US start to login from about 11PM BST.
I find tht most players will login between
8pm to 2am local time, the secret is to stay
on a server for about 10 mins rather than hopping between servers :-)
Hope that helps you find a game with real players

------------------
TM Tank drivers licence applied for

[This message has been edited by Robo Jaws (edited July 06, 2002).]

IP:

Cobra
posted July 06, 2002 06:58 PM         
Thanks Robo Jaws!

We're in the US, and we will certainly follow your great advice! Hope to be lining you up in our target sights soon!! LOL

Cobra

IP:

=DNX= Tiggs
posted July 06, 2002 08:21 PM            
You can also download the "TM Master Client" This program tells you all the servers, what is need for the servers and how many humans are on the server. Also, as a tip, do not launch TM from this program or leave it running in the background. If left on it will cause problems. Its best to find a server you want then shut it down and then load the game.

Happy fragging and hope to see you on the servers soon.
http://www.treadmarks.de/v2/front.shtml?&&content=downloads&mcontent=tmdownloads

Also, you will need to update the IP address on the Master Client manualy. When you run TM and ping the master server write down the IP address then run the Master Client and change the IP address to the new one. You will only have to do this once.

------------------
"I see fragged people...they're everywhere...they walk around like everyone else...they don't even know that they're fragged."
DNX-Tiggs, D.O.G - Aragon, BWL-Paranor and BWL-Tiger.
Family. Redefined.

[This message has been edited by =DNX= Tiggs (edited July 07, 2002).]

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted July 06, 2002 08:36 PM            
Welcome to the board cobra. Check out www.dmf.filetap.com for more treadmarks stuff......

IP:

coaxs
posted July 06, 2002 10:40 PM            
We have a weekly tournament every Sunday at 8est.

IP:

Cobra
posted July 06, 2002 10:47 PM         
You guys are great! I was afraid seasoned vets would have no time for newbies! Thanks for proving me wrong and for all the great advice and tips. I'm looking forward to playing very soon, hopefully Sunday evening!

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted July 06, 2002 11:08 PM            
w00t! welcome!!!

IP:

BamZipPow
posted July 06, 2002 11:35 PM            
We always have time for each other whether you be a new TM'r or an oldie (like Matrix, coaxs, SuperUnknown, Swisher, etc). I'd keep naming all the oldies but since I'm still a "newbie" I'd run out of letters on my keyboard!

IP:

coaxs
posted July 07, 2002 12:02 AM            
You have over 200 post bam you can ditch the "newbie" complex

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

Rex R
posted July 07, 2002 01:21 AM            
one does need to be a tad careful around the 'dinosaures' on the battlefield (during a 'DDM'(deadliest deathmatch) as opponents have a short halflife at those times. other times when it is less busy they are usually much more polite to newbies, ('sorry bout that, did I frag you again?' etc etc.)

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted July 07, 2002 03:49 PM            
P
F
F
T
(Yes folks, its an All CAPS pfft, look out!)

Aren't I an oldie? I've been here longer than Coaxs-Super-Swisher(not sure, I think i've been here longer than swisher lol)

IP:

Paranor
posted July 07, 2002 07:17 PM            
hey cobra!

if you have the full version: w00t! Did you download the STORM pack? If not, GET IT!

if you have the demo: I run the US demo servers MON-THUR. FRI-SUN I use that PC for the DDM server. Gotta have full to play DDM.

IP:

Cobra
posted July 07, 2002 07:33 PM         
Paranor,

I have the full game but don't have the storm pack. I'll get it though! DO I need it for the DDM or just because it's cool? Thanx!

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted July 07, 2002 08:49 PM            
Nah not for a DDM. The storm pack is a TOTAL GAME CONVERSION. that means you leave behind the world of dm tanks and move to high powered racing cars - its a race mod.

Other total conversions are in the works too. Project Battlezone, Babylon 5 GROPOS, Dirtbike Racing, Powerboats r Us.

You can also find theme maps that move away from the ordinary tm maps like Candylans, Optic Nerve and Haunted House - all strive to bring something to tm that isnt already here.

Hope that helps.

ps: storm is available for download from the BWL site : www.treadmarks.de

IP: