This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2  |
Author Topic:   New UBB is up!
SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted July 05, 2002 03:30 AM            
http://galileo.spaceports.com/~david23/

Click on Enter.

Its really cool.Fully loaded BMW .See what this board could be.If we all like it,which I'm sure we will,we can get LDA to upgrade.Makes this board look like two cans and a string Have fun with it and take it for a test drive.

Important:Bookmark the link above.Do not bookmark once you get into the board.For some reason it takes you to spaceport if you try use a link that takes you directly into the forum.Still trying to figure that one out.

[This message has been edited by SuperUnknown (edited July 05, 2002).]

IP:

BamZipPow
posted July 05, 2002 03:37 AM            
Good stuff, Super!

You guys might try to copy/paste this in your address bar and not click on it...

cgi-bin.spaceports.com/~armstron/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?Cat=&C=1

[This message has been edited by BamZipPow (edited July 05, 2002).]

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted July 05, 2002 04:36 AM            
Ok...BZP figured it out.My host will not allow direct linking to their CGI server so you'll just have to bookmark this url and go in that way everytime.
coax,BZP,and myself have been messing around.You guys better get there before we pop its cherry coax will have the title Carpol Tunnel by the time everyone else gets there Time for bed
http://galileo.spaceports.com/~david23/

IP:

CyberCannon
posted July 05, 2002 12:12 PM            
Great site Supe.

Supe, thanks to the FAQ there I think I am beginning to get the hang of these "[smile]s" and such. :p

------------------
razzafrazza(grumble grumble} I hate AIs

CC

IP:

CyberCannon
posted July 05, 2002 12:25 PM            
Nope, evidently not!!!!!!!!!

phooey

------------------

CC

IP:

CyberCannon
posted July 05, 2002 01:15 PM            
Lets try this once again [tounge].
I got it working on the other one [smile].

------------------

CC

IP:

CyberCannon
posted July 05, 2002 01:18 PM            
[ ]
[ ]
[:p]
[ ]
Maybe????????

------------------

CC

IP:

CyberCannon
posted July 05, 2002 01:20 PM            
well sort of but I'm getting there.

:P

[cool]
[wink]

IP:

Paranor
posted July 05, 2002 02:26 PM            
I can't get into it.

What does the new version require? php and mysql?

IP:

JVortex
posted July 05, 2002 02:51 PM            
nice board from what i can see of it so far

------------------
Let the rocks roll and the battle commence. www.bzrpg.com .
Check out the site! Loads of Tread Marks support and AddOns. Home of the S.T.O.R.M Pack.
The Storm has arived!! :)

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted July 05, 2002 02:53 PM            
Cybercannon,thanks.This is a old UBB and dosen't have the features the new one has so you can use those smileys thaqt way here.Read the FAQ to this one and you can see what this is limited to.

Paranor.It dosen't require anything on the user end.PHP and datbases are just for the host server.You should be able to go here abd click on the link once you are there.This link goes to a normal server without CGI scripts. http://galileo.spaceports.com/~david23/

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted July 05, 2002 02:56 PM            
Another thing is its a trial version and is limited in some of the features.Not to mention it only allows 10 registered members and 50 posts overall.I may have to get LDA to send me their liscense and password so I can make it a full version and we can really give it a run.

IP:

coaxs
posted July 05, 2002 03:48 PM            
Couldn't you just delete post to stay under 50?

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

Paranor
posted July 05, 2002 05:10 PM            
that's what I meant - what is required on the host side. Does the current UBB that LDA uses require PHP/MYSql?

YaBB doesn't require either. Just wondering and not intending to debate on what BB is better.

IP:

synack
posted July 05, 2002 06:07 PM         
"w00t" ???

IP:

BamZipPow
posted July 05, 2002 07:36 PM            
Trial version has the delete disabled. That way you can't just delete them forever...

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted July 05, 2002 08:21 PM            
New ubb on lda would be great u guys should see the new forums for dmf bamzip's already seen em and they truly rock

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted July 05, 2002 11:15 PM            
I think this current version of UBB here is just a plain HTML server.PHP is fairly new and this UBB is old.For running the latest UBB you need a server that can run CGI scripts,PHP scripts,and MySQL databases.Spaceports is about the only place I found that has those features for free.

I think I can get delete users though so I can keep it under the 10 person limit.If you want access and its up to 10 just ask and I'll bump someone off and you can take a look inside.Can't do anything about the 50 post limit though.But even if we get that you can still logon and lok around at the features that are unabled in the trila version...just won't be able to post.

IP:

BamZipPow
posted July 06, 2002 08:36 AM            
If you guys/gals want to see what capabilites of the proposed new BBS system could be like, here's the link to the Infopop's UBB.Thread site. Yes, you can post things there as well as try out the various services that the new BBS COULD have. The following link is the real BBS that Infopop put up so you could check everything out.
http://www.ubbcentral.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?

IP:

BamZipPow
posted July 06, 2002 08:44 AM            
Few of the things you can do with the new proposed system:

Build voteable polls
See who's online
Customized views
Show all posts by reader
Show all members
Custom avatars for users (pictures under yer name)
Chatroom

...and many more to mention. This can be a great thing for our community. What do you think?

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted July 06, 2002 04:27 PM            
I have used this type of forum before at www.drugbuyers.com (not what it sounds like,it a legedimate place to find lost cost perscriptions ) and it is very cool.
Alot of my admin features are locked too because its a trial.I,or LDA,can make it more theme specific and customize it however we want if we had the full version.
You can also send private messages,send a post as a email along with posting it on the board.Reminder emails and a few other things I can't think of off the top of my head.You can visit their site though and get the info,http://www.infopop.com and its called UBB.Threads.
LDA can upgrade to the latest version and you r post count and all messages here would carry over also so nothing would change except for the board itself.So I guess there really isn't anything to talk about.It would be exactly like this board but with alot more features.

IP:

KONG
posted July 06, 2002 04:59 PM            
Bah Humbug, I kinda like this board the way it is without all that other doo-doo. Kinda makes it different.

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted July 06, 2002 09:01 PM            
I agree with Kong on that, besides, lots of forums have those thingies Lets just stick to TreadMarks hehe. The forum isn't important, its da frags and the explosions!!! *KABOOM* *Ooooooohhhhh AAAaaaahhhhhhh*

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted July 07, 2002 04:24 AM            
Oh come on,I check these forums at least twice a day.We need to spice it up a little.Its obsolete software and it will be just like it is now but it will do a better job and provide more functionality.I'd personally would rather have a 2002 BMW over a 95 Geo Metro

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted July 07, 2002 04:16 PM            
Nothing new is needed. This board works fine and a new BMW would just cost more to maintain. The idea is to get from point A to point B. You do not need a new BMW to do that. Perhaps we have all missed the point too. Maybe LDA just wants it to stay the way it was when it was originally set up. I would guess Seumas set this up and they might like to keep it the way he had it. Simple and to the point. Post and receive replies. It does not need anything more than that for what we like to do which is discuss things of importance to us. So in that respect it is not antiquated, but set up to do what we need it for so let's think about it and maybe just be satisfied with the way it is. What do you all think?

------------------
May you always have a following Sea and the comfort of those you hold nearest to your heart.
TreadMaps

[This message has been edited by Sailor (edited July 07, 2002).]

IP:

This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2