This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2  |
Author Topic:   Wednesday CTF
KiLlEr
posted July 02, 2002 10:43 PM            
Boomstick 5 is all set for the July 3rd CTF which starts at 8pm EDT (12:00 GMT). I have reset the player list, and will reset it again 15 mins before the game starts if need be. All stock maps.

Happy fragging!

IP:

BamZipPow
posted July 03, 2002 01:53 AM            
Coolness, Killer! Thanks!

IP:

posted July 03, 2002 01:57 AM            
Yeah...double thanks from me an Jon

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted July 03, 2002 04:27 AM            
Muchos gracious.Now lets try to make a effort to show up and make it worth his bandwidth The number that shows in DM dosen't matter that much but it really does in CTF.If we have 4 show up thats not good.So if you want to have fun Wed night is the night.Plus the more in a CTF game the more enjoyable it is.Come try it out and see for yourself.

[This message has been edited by SuperUnknown (edited July 03, 2002).]

IP:

ping of death
posted July 03, 2002 08:10 AM         
Stock weapons also?

IP:

KiLlEr
posted July 03, 2002 08:31 AM            
I have removed tracking from the peashooter, chain gun and machine gun. all server side. I don't really consider that a mod though. I always thought the liberal use of tracking on these guys is a bit unnecessary. I bet none of you who played on Boomstick servers 1,4 and 5 even noticed this. I even forgot about it until now. hahahhaha.

[This message has been edited by KiLlEr (edited July 03, 2002).]

IP:

BamZipPow
posted July 03, 2002 09:53 AM            
Team damage is on? Aww...I wanted to try the turbo boost thing with the mass driver...

IP:

KiLlEr
posted July 03, 2002 10:44 AM            
I'll leave that on for todays game. But I'll put up a poll in the blabatorium for next weeks game so that everyone can get a chance and vote what they want for next week.

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted July 03, 2002 07:41 PM            
hrmmm w00t! CTF. Crazy Tree Fraggers? pfftation! I don't think anybody is crazy enough to drive around the map murdering all those innocent trees (hides some firewood)

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted July 03, 2002 10:28 PM            
Very poor attendence so I guess no Wed night CTF

IP:

KiLlEr
posted July 03, 2002 10:39 PM            
For what its worth, here's the stats from TMLogScan:

http://www.boomstickjoes.com/treadmarks/main.php?page=DCTF/dctfresults.php&group=DCTF

[This message has been edited by KiLlEr (edited July 04, 2002).]

IP:

=DNX= Tiggs
posted July 03, 2002 10:58 PM            
that setup is pretty cool killer. Thanks

Not that bad of a turn out. I seen better and I have seen worse. Last wed the was 2 people on the whole night.

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted July 04, 2002 04:12 AM            
Yeah but for CTF you need players.Not 4 humans and 2 bots.If we can't at least get 6 humans its really not worth it to even try.

IP:

=DNX= Tiggs
posted July 04, 2002 09:02 AM            
I thought there was 8 people on last night at one time?

IP:

Teulk
posted July 04, 2002 12:15 PM            
For the Wed CTF, is this a regular deal?? Never tried one out ( a CTF) that is, and am curious as to the requirements (maps, weapons, etc..), and if I have the right ones. Also, what time would this be taking place??

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted July 04, 2002 03:11 PM            
We used to do it every Wed until people stopped coming and I'd like to get that going again.We sometimes use user made CTF maps because some of the stock ones are annoying.Usually stock weapons and tanks.

I think the most I saw at one time was 6 players and that was for only 10 mins out of a hour and a half of gaming.There were bots in most of it and that means it was less than 6.

IP:

=DNX= Tiggs
posted July 04, 2002 06:41 PM            
I cant stand the blue ctf stock map. hard on the eyes.

IP:

KiLlEr
posted July 04, 2002 08:04 PM            
Then pop in the Blabatorium, and vote for what you want next week. Otherwise I wont change anything
http://www.boomstickjoes.com/forum/

Theres a "register" link in the uper right side of the page.

Links on my website are medium grey, and normal text is white. Incase anyone is confused.

there are 4 polls:

Poll: 07/10/2002 - TeamCTF
Poll: 07/10/2002 - Modded Maps
Poll: 07/10/2002 - Modded weapons
Poll: 07/10/2002 - Team Damage

Vote in each. Cut off is a day before the date of the game.

I also completely automated the game results. So you can see how everyone did right after the close time of 10pm EDT. (02:00 GMT). Game starts at 20:00 GMT.

new results page:

http://www.boomstickjoes.com/treadmarks/main.php?page=DCTF/dctfresults.php&group=DCTF

[This message has been edited by KiLlEr (edited July 04, 2002).]

IP:

Teulk
posted July 08, 2002 12:29 PM            
So, every Wednesday at 20:00 GMT?? And that would be what in my area ( that being cenntral Ontario.)

Forget that...just looked, but, since the match is on Boomstick5, do I need to be using a special install, or does stock say it all??

[This message has been edited by Teulk (edited July 08, 2002).]

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted July 08, 2002 04:01 PM            
Everytinhg was good Killer.Don't think anything needs changing other than the number of players that actually show up So I'll try one more time.This Wednesday,July,10,2002 at 8est which translates to 7 central,6 mountain,5 pacific.Don't know about Canada I thought the time zones went up into Canada?Oh well,find what major US city is below you and you can find the time.We could make it 9est if people want it?I noticed people started coming on around then.

IP:

KiLlEr
posted July 08, 2002 08:56 PM            
All stock, with homing removed on some weapons (server side). JUst need to have the full version of TM 1.6 to play.

Joe

IP:

Teulk
posted July 08, 2002 09:21 PM            
Merci...I will do my utmost to attend...I look forward to trying this "CTF" thingy out.

IP:

KiLlEr
posted July 10, 2002 03:44 PM            
Okay, everything is set for Tonights DCTF. I was able to add flag capture tracking to TMLogScan and my website so we'll have those stats as well.

C u all tonight!

8pm EDT on Boomstick 5

IP:

KiLlEr
posted July 11, 2002 11:00 AM            
The results of yesterdays event.

http://www.boomstickjoes.com/treadmarks/main.php?page=DCTF/dctfresults.php&group=DCTF&GAMEDATE=2002-07-10

All results will be found on the above page. After the 10pm EDT cutoff time on the day of the game.

IP:

posted July 11, 2002 12:30 PM            
thanks for the results...it was fun...and I never captured the flag...and I had the most frags...too funny

When I get the golden ant racing server up I get the program to collect the stats from that one too...

Thanks for all your good work...

------------------
Play Hard...Play Fair...See You Online

IP:

This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2