|
Author Topic:   New UBB trial
SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted July 01, 2002 10:47 PM            
I got a trial version of the latest UBB and I'm going to put it up on my website so we can test it out.Then if we really like it we can hopefully get LDA to upgrade.Looks like it running over with cool features.I'll let you guys know when I get it up.Having problems with my host account right now.

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted July 02, 2002 02:08 AM            
Well...it looks my my server may be too basic to handle it.I'm unable to run the install.php from within the server.If someone has a more advanced server with php scripting .......................

Heres the link
http://www.infopop.com

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted July 02, 2002 04:17 AM            
Just found a free host that has PHP scripting and MySQL databases for free so I should be able to get it up as soon as the activate my account.Spaceports.Either that or upgrade my server and shell out about $20/month.
I just find this forum lacking in the features department.It must be at LEAST 4-5 years old so that would explain why.I think RC brought this idea up not too long ago and I think it would be nice to upgrade and get some nice content on this BB.We'll just have to give the new software a test drive.May be happy with this old setup,you never know.
I'll let you know when I get it up.Or if someone has a kick butt host they can beat me to it Installation is really simple if your server supports PHP and MySQL,which usually costs a substantial amount to have.

IP:

coaxs
posted July 02, 2002 05:08 AM            
You should put up a link to your site to make it easy for us lazy people.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted July 02, 2002 05:18 AM            
I would but there is nothing there yet.I am working on a big site devoted to TM but its all offline right now because I just finished making a business website(temp hosted it while making it) for the place I work at and just transferred it to a business host that can handle merchant accounts.So I have nothing up at this point.Give me a day or two and I'll have the new UBB up for testing then I'll give the URL Its a trial but is fully functional.Just only allows like 50 posts or something.Wait..that will be at spaceports which means I don't even have the subdomain info yet so I have no URL to give you,lol
The TM site I'm working on will basically be a feild manual for tanks,weapons(some mods too) along with tactices,capabilties,and 3d models.Mainly for newbies.

[This message has been edited by SuperUnknown (edited July 02, 2002).]

IP:

Paranor
posted July 02, 2002 04:22 PM            
I just setup yabb on xp with apache and activeperl in 20 minutes. w00t!

IP:

Mysterial
posted July 03, 2002 03:28 PM            
Some people claim yabb has a tendency to eat posts, though.

IP:

Paranor
posted July 04, 2002 12:51 AM            
oh! I suppose that's not good.

I would have to say that this is the only BB that doesn't use Yabb, as far as what I visit.

I'm updating my web site: www.karllois.com .
Yabb stuff I"m playing with: http://www.karllois.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted July 04, 2002 04:10 AM            
Just a update.I'm getting close to getting it all up but I've hit a few brick walls along the way

IP: