This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2  |
Author Topic:   DDM RESULTS ARE....
Paranor
posted June 23, 2002 09:40 PM            
......crappy on my behalf. I forgot to get into "position". I lean back in my chair. First two games I didn't. DARN BACK! (hurt it last weds).

I did it 3rd game though - must have worked becasue I actually beat super! MUAHAHAHAHAHA! <tilts so far back in his chair he falls over>

Now, to take care of that darn RAS!

Resutls at site below.

------------------
-Everyone needs belief in something. I believe I'll play another map.
BWL-Paranor, BWL-Tiger, DNX-Tiggs and D.O.G.-Aragon.
Family. Redefined.
DDM Pics, schedule and other here!

IP:

Paranor
posted June 23, 2002 09:43 PM            
We also had a pretty low turnout. ???

Did everyone like the no team format? Or too much to shoot out?

As far as lag - my fault. I have a packet shapper running and forgot to turn it off. That might add some delay.

IP:

Irascible
posted June 23, 2002 11:11 PM            
-

[This message has been edited by Irascible (edited June 24, 2002).]

IP:

posted June 23, 2002 11:21 PM            
I was so prepared...I had just practiced the green monster land 3 times just prior to going to the DDM....there I was in the green monster half way though the match...just launched a nuke...just got 1st place...and...the dreaded blue screen appears....NOOOOOOOOOOOO...no...no...no....no...no....no....nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...and...well I had computer problems...or did anyone notice me dropping out in the 1st match...so I quickly try to reboot while checking with Jon to see if he was still on....I recheck my computer..no way...just blue screen even after the reboot....I quickly go to Susan's computer...and log on...but she is runnig Diablo in the background and I can't end because her character died and she wants to go back and save her stuff....argh...thus I do the lag dance through the green monster and caldera...not until Jon leaves do I get to get to use his computer...and I actually do better on the last feild...but his is half the speed of mine...I feel for you Grind when you complain...

To end...it turns out that window self destructed itself...I have to reformat the c drive...and...yes...and...I forgot to make an image of the c drive on the d drive...arg...well at least I did my daily backup...

I am so glad you all were here to hear my sad story...

One more thing...don't dare admin...they hold all the cards...LOL

IP:

Irascible
posted June 23, 2002 11:31 PM            
Did you mean to say to not dare the admins dEVIL? On the contrary, they are the easiest to mess with. Since all three are quite honorable, they will choose to refrain from the appearance of impropriety. In other words, they have to be "extra fair" - which gives me... err... that is, us the advantage.

BTW, I feel for your loss. I lost a game to freaking ICQ once. It took me weeks to recover from the loss.

(There was a compliment to the admins hidden in there someplace.)

IP:

posted June 23, 2002 11:33 PM            
Ohhhhh....doggy...Aragon beat Paranor in both of the 1st matches...is this why you are a little touchy...ah...Par...LMAO...

[This message has been edited by 666 (edited June 24, 2002).]

IP:

posted June 24, 2002 12:27 AM            
No...Ras...I was talking about the thread in the general post... /forums/archive/ubb/Forum4/HTML/000151.html
You know...the thread where Coax nips it in the bud...and uses a word I had to look up in the dictionary...LMAO...I thought I would just slide the comment in my 1st post of this thread thinking that he can't read everything...

IP:

posted June 24, 2002 12:32 AM            
Too cool...Jon now has wall paper for his computer...yes...this was Jon's 1st DDM as a golden ant...er...yeah...I still get excited...even if all goes wrong...you know...I just love this game...even if Jon wipes me in the 2nd match....LMAO

IP:

Irascible
posted June 24, 2002 12:56 AM            
Give Jon my congrats. I don't remember what game, but I did notice him kicking some butt tonight.

IP:

Rex R
posted June 24, 2002 02:30 AM            
sorry bout not being there tonite. had an A D&D sunday, by the time I got home, cleaned cat cages, made (& ate dinner) it were about a 1/2 hr after the match started and the house were close to 80F. only just getting the house cooled down (100? yr old farmhouse no AC) may have to start showing up for the earlier match till the weather cools off

IP:

coaxs
posted June 24, 2002 03:20 AM            
Hehe, I see you slide your comments in when its Sailor's turn to read through all the post and not mine. But, its faulty logic to think that I wouldn't check the DDM topic. Since I was the one that pushed for the 1st real DDM and I'm in charge of keeping the stats for them. Which I still need pics for.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

coaxs
posted June 24, 2002 03:36 AM            
3rd game won't count since you guys didn't have the minimum 8 players.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted June 24, 2002 04:29 AM            
Great!that gives me and Ras a first place finish so I don't have to say the bad guy won the DDM Chalk up another one for the good guys.One of these days Satan will take back the powers he gave Ras and we'll finally be able to compete.The power to manipulate the TM engine as you see fit,was that it? Had to insert the lotto stuff to piss Ras off

Lag was extra horrible tonight.I also have to ask you Par if the T1 is running correctly because something is amiss.I always ask after a DDM because we always get very laggy.I would think a T1 could host tons of players with no problems unless its on the user end?You say it only uses 50% of its throughput?

IP:

Irascible
posted June 24, 2002 04:54 AM            
"Lotto" doesn't piss me off anymore. I've heard it enough that it's become "schtick". What pisses me off is lag and non-standardized DDMs. The lag is what it is. I'm sure Par is working on it. And I haven't forgotten it's provided to us at no cost. But mucking with the rules isn't necessary. We restarted the 1st DDM 6 or 7 minutes into it just in time (as it turned out) for you to show. Had you won that one would it have been legit?

Now I find out there's a rule for how many players. Fine. Though no one playing the game at the time seemed to know about it. Are there any other rules I should know about?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? I could have easily gotten Venom on to play if I had known. Shouldn't there be a rule for how many frags? Making it harder, as Par put it, changes the odds as some players handle long games better than others. I personally hate long games. That and the lag may have been why so many people dropped off the third game.

If it sounds like sour grapes, it probably its. It's 1:40 A.M. and I'm a little Irascible right now. You talk about the powers of Satan. Somehow we managed to not have a ranked game for many weeks while there was a 3 way first place finish tie on the ladder. The frag count gets changed in a way that I hate. Now the third game gets conveniently disqualified. From where I'm sitting it all sounds pretty damned Satanic and conspiratorial to me.
(Yeah, I know. There's perfectly rational explanations for all of it. But I'm in a bitching mode right now. )

My point is, as it was with the clan war (where I argued for what the DNXers wanted), they should be standardized. If were going to change start times and frag counts, then we may as well start adding balanced mod weapons and the like to ranked games. Whatever it ends up being, I'd at least like to know what to expect from now on. Please tell me what it will be.

IP:

Paranor
posted June 24, 2002 07:40 AM            
1) I did it not for super, but for the other players who seem to not be able to start until a little after 7:00. We've been doing that since long before you showed up.

2) It's changed to 40 for about 3 months now - due to a clan war config that I forgot to change but last night it was no teams so I thought more to shoot at should be quicker to get.

3) I had a packet shapper running - that might be it for last night.

4) quit your bitching or get your own T-1 and host it and I'll bitch and moan to you.

IP:

Paranor
posted June 24, 2002 07:43 AM            
let's remember it's for FUN! don't expect me to spend hours troubleshooting why it's slow - I kept freezing last night so boo hoo.

( for letting you know I'm not very very grumpy but jesus xmas - *)!@$*) it's for FUN!)

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted June 24, 2002 10:49 AM            
NEWSFLASH
---------

Paranor slaps Ras around the chops with a wet hallibut FILM AT 11 !!!!

*Cough* lol....

He's right tho really, we should have a standard instad of swapping and changing willy nilly....

Bitching about lag is a side issue, I for one am glad you put the effort in as you do Paranor. Were not all blessed with T1, but hell if it came down to It id host with 56k, THEN YOU CAN BITCH lol....

IP:

Irascible
posted June 24, 2002 11:26 AM            
-

IP:

Irascible
posted June 24, 2002 11:37 AM            
-Did I say you started late for Super? No. (The words "as it turned out" were meant to imply it was just luck. I guess it was too subtle.) I asked him (you know, when I said the "if YOU had won", which meant Super) if he thought it would have been legit. But I'm glad to know the rules have always been flexible before my sorry arse showed up. I just never saw it till last night. Too bad too, I showed up once about that late myself. All I had to do was ask and POOF, it would have started over.
-It's also been 35 and 30. We've had so few ranked games recently that I had forgotten. But I'll keep a log from now on and the next time any change reaches 3 months (two of which have no ranked games) I'll know it's good. Footnote: don't get started on the two months thing. I also mentioned there were rational reasons for all of it. As it seems people skim and don't read, I'm sure that was missed too.
-You'll notice I said that I was sure you were working on it and that I had not forgotten that your services are provided at no cost. Wait, no you didn't.
-If I can't have a little rant after having something taken away that I thought I had for about 5 hours - something that I've been looking forward to for nearly two months - then tough shiat. I did say that I was in bitch mode and admitted to sour grapes. I'm sorry I'm not all sugar and spice. And if you read it again I was NOT bitching about the freaking T1. Besides, I obviously don't need a T1 for you to bitch at me.
- ... for letting you know what ever the heck that infernal yellow thing means. Take a chill pill about the T1. I wasn't bitching about it. And I still want to know if there are any other freaking rules I need to know about.
-So is it set at 40 then with no teams? Aside from the rant, that was my main point/question. I guess bold doesn't show up as well on other computers as mine. As you've made so abundantly clear, I have nothing to say about it. So consider this a meek request to know what the plans are. But whatever they are is just fine and dandy, super duper, thank you sir may I have another, whatever you say your the boss, with me.

Another one of Walmart's symbols of low low prices, just for good measure.

IP:

coaxs
posted June 24, 2002 12:24 PM            
The 8 player minimum is an old rule. Read the old post to familiarize yourself with the rule.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted June 24, 2002 12:33 PM            
OUCH..... *runs off to find more salt*.... Only joking lol.... actually i wasnt aware of the 8 rule, i am now however.

Coax, can u run up a small ruleset that we can post up at dmf for reference ? - lots of new players arnt aware of all this old stuff inc me and ive been here 2 years almost.

IP:

coaxs
posted June 24, 2002 01:44 PM            
Some of the rules are not followed anymore but I'll post all the rules I'm aware of here.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted June 24, 2002 01:50 PM            
cool thx...

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted June 24, 2002 04:06 PM            
I wasn't aware of that rule either but they were playing DDM's before I came along also.I knew their were rules though since some people take DDM's very seriously,not pointing any fingers I also take ranked DDM's more seriouly.
Anyway,about starting at 8 after.Thats the way its been for a long time for anything we have Sunday's.Its too much of a pain for Par to remotely control the server which is at his workplace and reset it.So we always have made the first offical match the first game that starts at 8 or after.That game before that one probablly started at 15 till 8 so it would be pretty stupid to try and count that one since its not even the DDM time yet.I was persoanlly talking on the phone before I joined last night and it just happened to be when a new game was starting at 10 after 8.
Theres your consistancy.

The player number rule.I have never heard of this but I don't think its ever been a issue.We have always had at aleast 8 since we have been playting that I can remember.coax was here way before most of us so I trust that he knows what he is talking about and he was the sole person,for a while,to handle the ranking system and record it and I think he was one of the guys to start the DDM's in the firstr place.Thats like trying to lecture Benjamin Franklin about the Constitution

T1.Yes,of course I'm very greatful that we have it and Par provides it.Nothing else we have would come close to providing a server like that.I just simply think something is wrong with its setup,provider is running screwy,or maybe its something with the TM network setup?I don't know but it was very bad last night.Worse than I have ever seen I think.Just stating the facts.

And good Lord yes.If you aren't having fun maybe you should take some Prozac and chill out

IP:

coaxs
posted June 24, 2002 04:40 PM            
Here are a bunch of the old rules.

1. 8 player minimum in order to be ranked. Its not a Deadliest Death Match if there are not at least 8 players to make it deadly. I once won all 3 games at a DDM but didn't rank them since there weren't 8 players.

2. The overall winner from one week shouldn't play in the next ranked DDM. This was done so that it gave people a chance to catch up to a dominant player.

3. Any game that starts before 8 is not ranked so who cares how it ends. Only games after 8 are ranked.

4. Spawn fragging is allowed since it is impossible to get people to behave civilized.

5. Shadow should either be taken out or ammo reduced.

And I would like to recommend rule 6. That there is a 30 frag limit itís been the factory standard for the beginning and throws to many people off when it is changed.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

[This message has been edited by coaxs (edited June 24, 2002).]

IP:

This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2