|
Author Topic:   Petition to LDA???
Paranor
posted June 21, 2002 11:42 AM            
Guys, (EDIT!!! guys and "girl" hehe ) I have an idea I would like to kick around.

While it's great the LDA has a server, it's seems impossible for them to change the maps on it or any other request.

Also, I'm getting a little tired running the DEMO server. Sure, LDA might be getting 1-2 orders per month on it and thus it's not actually a money maker but it helps.

So how about we create a petition (this isn't it), I'll send them an e-mail to tech support (since they don't seem to repond very well to this BB) and forward them to this link asking them to:

1) run the demo server
2) leave the other servers to the players to help it as a "Community". For example, we all used to play on Hammer Time and now that's gone when LDA shoed up - where did he go? Might be a bad example but nonetheless. Also, if there is no "LDA" server then it kinda pushes us to play the other servers. THis used to be the case before the LDA server.

Thoughts?

As far as who will run the LDA replacement server - there would be myself and/or many other people.

[This message has been edited by Paranor (edited June 21, 2002).]

IP:

KiLlEr
posted June 21, 2002 11:54 AM            
That's not a bad idea, especially since I can't get them to run the logscan utility, and in the future as new versions of logscan come out, it will be impossible to have them keep up to date. People playing on the LDA demo server will not have thier stats kept (another reason to get the full version and I know Robo's server is demo as well, but thats the only server where European and UK players frequent)

[This message has been edited by KiLlEr (edited June 21, 2002).]

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted June 21, 2002 02:49 PM            
Yes...we did make a good map list a few months ago,which I emailed to them.They did take out some of the bad maps but didn't add the good ones.So now we have about 3 good maps and 3 "ok but not the best of the litter and some hate them" maps on the LDA server.It would be better if it was 15 great maps.

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted June 21, 2002 04:31 PM            
I completely agree. LDA said they were consideing implementing a Demo server at some point, and now would be a good time. This way the community can create its maplist and not complin to LDA anymore about theirs.

IP:

Irascible
posted June 21, 2002 09:38 PM            
Woohoo! Excellent idea.

(I'm just know someone is going to say it... )

IP:

Karldar
posted June 22, 2002 10:12 AM            
Word!

IP:

ARAGON
posted June 22, 2002 09:37 PM            
Cripes, another stupid idea from Par (its a brother thing....)

------------------

IP:

ARAGON
posted June 22, 2002 09:38 PM            
Seriously, thats a good idea (ow, that hurt to say). The maps are getting VERY dull.

------------------

IP:

posted June 23, 2002 11:04 AM            
I am with you...been going through all the new maps and it would be great to have a change...

IP:

posted June 23, 2002 11:12 AM            
Nice to see that Par and Aragon are in agreement about something other than word fraging each other...
Hey Par...I took another look at the clan match end stats...you know when you do the screen capture to get the results...and in 2 of the 3 you're are there after Tiggs...was this on purpose or happenstance...

(170)

IP:

Paranor
posted June 23, 2002 04:35 PM            
eh? CONFUSION on the question!

IP:

King John 1st
posted June 23, 2002 09:13 PM            
It would be better if LDA ran a Demo server as well as a full server 'cos it's the best one for a good ping rate over here apart from Robo's and that's because he's less than 1 hundred miles from me, I think. Although the late night DDM server runs ok most of the time even with cable it can really lag when it decides to, any help? would increasing my downloads from 3k help, is it LDA's heartbeats? or am I barking up the wrong tree? or is it the proximity of the server? if so why is it ok sometimes? or are there really invisible tanks with your names on them

IP:

Paranor
posted June 27, 2002 12:21 AM            
I created a official petition post - please post it there, no commnets to keep it simple.

Matrix, can you e-mail all of your DNX dudes?

KJ1st - can you notify DOG.

AOD - ???

I'll get BWL.

KJ 1st - the LDA server I believe is in canada. You have a cable modem? COnfused as to where you live vresus LDA and RObo - which I thought was in EUrope.

[This message has been edited by Paranor (edited June 27, 2002).]

IP: