|
Author Topic:   2002 Map Design Awards
=DNX= Matrix
posted June 20, 2002 08:46 PM            
Ok folks, were about to have a vote, i will check this thread again on monday evening and derive from it the 10 most mentioned maps. And from that i will create a popularity poll.

Everyone should make the effort to mention their 5 favorite maps DO NOT INCLUDE STOCK MAPS BY LDA.

this is a modders award, one of many the DMF is about to start handing out - the poll will last about 2 months and based on different merits a winner and 2 runners up will be chosen.

Only one rule applies : you cannot name any of your own designs

Best of luck ppl

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted June 20, 2002 10:41 PM            
Red Doom
Dark Side of the Moon
Jack Rabbit
Mayan
Nuclear Winter

------------------
May you always have a following Sea and the comfort of those you hold nearest to your heart.
TMMaps

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted June 20, 2002 10:42 PM            
Well...don't know the names so I guess not.

IP:

Paranor
posted June 20, 2002 11:54 PM            
boomstickville
18 hole golf thingy
mayan ruins

i'll get the other 2 later

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted June 21, 2002 01:14 AM            
Supe you can find all the names at http://tmmaps.koolhost.com/tmmaps but if you simply never play them then it would not matter since you would not have any favorites so - nevermind.

------------------
May you always have a following Sea and the comfort of those you hold nearest to your heart.
TMMaps

IP:

MexIndian
posted June 21, 2002 08:58 AM            
But a question....

If we're allowed to give LDA maps, maybe modders can get feedback as to what is liked/disliked by the community.

Like I don't like sharp inclines, terrains should be bumpy, but not like a slalom.

------------------
If I were you and you were me and I fragged you whose score would go up?

IP:

CyberCannon
posted June 21, 2002 11:08 AM            
Good point Mex.

------------------
razzafrazza(grumble grumble} I hate AIs

CC

IP:

Paranor
posted June 21, 2002 11:35 AM            
sailor - I was just going to e-mail you with what the new tmmaps link is - thanks!

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted June 21, 2002 02:53 PM            
Right..I like the maps Par picked.Plus a CTF map that Kong made that was nothing but rolling green hills that were even in size and 4 flag points.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted June 22, 2002 03:48 PM            
Maybe we can pick up on that 1 later Mex, for now im just concerned with what user made map ppl like best, im not analysing why just yet.

Lets do the awards then look at improvements that can be made via some kind of feedback page or sumthin..

IP:

posted June 22, 2002 08:20 PM            
Matrix...I think the vote will need to last longer...and list all the maps in the thread...I am finding it hard to understand what to do since I do not know what maps there are to vote for...Yes...I understand that they could go to Salior's site...but sometimes even that is too much if you want people to vote...just a thought...

IP:

Nemzad
posted June 23, 2002 02:22 AM         
cygnus 6
evil
red doom
slow roller
camp ginga

Think I got the names right

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted June 23, 2002 03:28 AM            
666, just list your fave maps - thats it, simple as pie - we'll worry about why later.

We#ll keep the thread going till 1st July then ill make up a list of nominees

[This message has been edited by =DNX= Matrix (edited June 23, 2002).]

IP:

Sage
posted June 24, 2002 01:27 PM            
Boomstickville
Roundup
CTF Crossover
DM Nuclear Winter
DM Standoff Ridge
DM Camp Ginga( I know my name is by it the map by it was really made me Kong, I just gave it textures.)

IP:

Sage
posted June 24, 2002 01:29 PM            
Also, don't forget about my new map:
Eye of The Storm

[This message has been edited by Sage (edited June 24, 2002).]

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted June 24, 2002 01:49 PM            
"Only one rule applies : you cannot name any of your own designs" - see top post

IP:

KiLlEr
posted June 24, 2002 01:55 PM            
How about giving me a list of maps, and I'll set a poll up in the Mods section of the Blabatorium?
http://www.boomstickjoes.com/forum/index.php

http://www.boomstickjoes.com/forum/member.php?action=reg

IP:

Sage
posted June 24, 2002 05:38 PM            
I already know that Martix

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted June 24, 2002 08:33 PM            
Thats exactly what i had planned killer, thx for hosting the poll - ill take the top 10 most mentioned map names from any source other than stock - and run with them, so if ppl dont put names in here, they stand no chance of nomination.

Dont forget mine dudes... lol

Ill send you the 10 nominees killer, soon as they are finalised.

IP:

KiLlEr
posted June 24, 2002 11:43 PM            
No problem

I'll be waiting

IP:

posted June 30, 2002 05:30 PM            
bump...playing through the maps now...there are lots of good ones to choose from...l8r

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted June 30, 2002 08:24 PM            
hey guys, killer, the homestead editor has updated and now includes a polling tool so ill be hosting the poll at dmf, thx for the offer though. much appreciated.

Ill be updating the site tonight - its 1:24 gmt here so i think ill out these 10 up.

Ill post here again when the poll is ready to go - should leave it oipen for about what 6 weeks u think is reasonable ?

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted June 30, 2002 10:41 PM            
Voting has opened for the best user map in treadmarks awards : please click here to vote now - http://www.dmf.filetap.com

July update complete.

IP: