This topic is 3 pages long:   1  2  3  |
Author Topic:   THINK im leaving TM
Grind_and_Click
posted June 18, 2002 10:20 PM            
this has been stewing a small time now

spawn me,DW me,social issues i have with other players therefore there "clike friends" give me crap...me....
doesent mater what people say on this thred about me,cos i care REELY I DO =D!!.....
duno if it has ALSO to do with the fact most of my "real" friends have shown me there true colors or not, but TM is full of to much UTTER BS...OPEN YOUR EYES!......DO IT.......GO ON!
the fact is true, TM IS more than a game its relations between players due to its small comunity........for me its been its downfall

certain persons/person helped push me over the edge on this fact , im not leaving DNX however, those guys i like to much

so here possibly lies the last word of the best 120 shot TM ever had (only self proclaimed of course =()

SCRYEEW YEEW GIIIESS....EIIM GOOIN HOOIIME

(lmao)

p.s im aware i cuda wrote this alot beter, and more nicely, so sorry dudes, i did have some fun tho <=/

might see a guy on TM servers now and again that reminds you of Grind and Click , you never know....

[12th edit] ill miss you guys =(

[This message has been edited by Grind_and_Click (edited June 18, 2002).]

[This message has been edited by Grind_and_Click (edited June 18, 2002).]

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted June 18, 2002 10:30 PM            
Grind...o Grind.I don't really know what you are referring too about the BS because I think we get along on the servers for the most part.Some might not want to stop spawn fragging and you just have to deal with it.Its not really that big of a deal is it?Some people don't give a rip about the community so just ignore them and let them do whatever.Most people that check the BB and post here are good people.You got a beef with someone just ignore them.Thats what I do.Nobody wants to see you quit because you hate not winning or can't stand a player or whatever the case is.I for one would take TM over those big games you play anyday simply because its small enough that you know most everyone and fun enough to keep me entertained.Most don't get carried away on the servers unlike the big games which is a breath of fresh air for me.

IP:

Paranor
posted June 18, 2002 10:37 PM            
I SWEAR I'm trying to figure out why you can't get on the servers! I SWEAR!

IP:

-DNX-Ni
posted June 18, 2002 10:44 PM            
I personally don't think you should leave man, and to say the least I'm pissed off how some people can be in this place! On the whole it's a great community but there are a few bad apples and, from what i've been reading that i missed in the past few days to weeks, I've had to adjust my outlook!!

But Grind old buddy, the way to get back isn't to leave but to flip back over and shove their $H1t right back in their faces! Make them eat it and sit on their face until they've swallowed!

[This message has been edited by -DNX-Ni (edited June 18, 2002).]

IP:

wolfman
posted June 18, 2002 11:07 PM            
Don't Go Bud! To those who give u crap - tell them to meet you on the 1 on 1 server or even the 2 on 2. I would team with you anytime Take a break if you need to - but don't go for good. JT

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted June 18, 2002 11:35 PM            
Y'allways have my support good buddy - but i too spend most of the time fighting ai's offline.

My advice - take a few weeks off...chill some, lay back have a beer - itll all come into focus sooner or later.

The other option, one which was popular in bz is ... if some1 is givin' ya shić, deathwishin, spawnfraggin or whatever else, then just leave the server, theres plenty to mosey on between. seen it times many....

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted June 19, 2002 12:10 AM            
What??? I never heard about any of this stuff!!! Guys, I think this is going a bit deeper than spawn fraggers n deathwishers... I think it has more to do with people just bein plain mean Which really stinks, grrr, a thousand pfft's on the stinker who has caused this Though please Grind, don't punish us all by leaving, your really a big part of the community, everyone is! And when some one leaves its heart break'n ;( *yes, this ant does have a heart , thankgoodness!!!*

IP:

CyberCannon
posted June 19, 2002 12:20 AM            
Hey Grind,
I would hate to see you go. I know that I have not been a member very long but I have realized at least one thing. You have to just ignore some people.

------------------
razzafrazza(grumble grumble} I hate AIs

CC

IP:

KiLlEr
posted June 19, 2002 12:20 AM            
Aww don't leave! Not becuase of some nit-wit. Matrix is right, there's plenty of servers (2 more comming soon, Muwahahahaha!), and maybe you just need a break, but don't up and leave.

IP:

Irascible
posted June 19, 2002 02:18 AM            
[rant]

No ill will intended, but I'm so sick of this crap:

-Some disenchanted player: "I've been thinking about this a lot. Life sucks. Boohoo."
-Multiple replies: "Oh, you're so great. Please stay. Please, please, please."
-Some disenchanted player: "People are meanies. I can't deal with reality. Boohoo."
-Multiple replies: "But we wuv you berry berry much."
-And so on.

Flame me all you want, but I really wish some (I am NOT generalizing, as this applies to a small minority) of you people would get over yourselves. Life sucks, business is bad, people are jerks. So what's new? You know, the Bible doesn't predict that the world will destroy itself because God's just overly pessimistic!!! It's because humanity is evil!!! Duh. And so they spawn frag... duh. Or do whatever. Duh.

Here's a theory about the REAL reason we why we have to endure this BS(I'm generalizing here):
-Being a small group means people take being disrespected a little more personally. Having a massive group of players diffuses responsibility and makes it less likely things are taken personal.
-Also, being a small group means when someone declares they're leaving it has more impact. They get more attention, which probably motivates some to do the deed. Who would give a flip if one of the bazillions of Half-Life players cried foul left?

UNTESTED IDEA FOR THE NEXT PERSON THAT LEAVES:
Why not tell us how much fun you had, that you're going to miss whoever, NOT mention how horribly you've been treated (if it was even real) and leave with a little class?
Pissing and moaning about a few jerks that probably don't even read this board, saying the "community" has gone down hill and declaring yourself some poor sappy victim of wrong doing is getting REALLY old. It's almost like we're a bunch of gossiping complaining old women. And I thought this game was played by mostly men!!! LOL!!!

[/rant]

BTW, flame me too hard and you may hurt my feelings. Then I'll have to leave the community and then you'll be really sorry...

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted June 19, 2002 05:28 AM            
"I'll have to leave the community and then you'll be really sorry.."
~ Guys, we have a solution !!! This is HOW WE DO IT !!!! hehehe - Now all line up in a nice neet row, cruises armed and set at 50 ammo - now CRY HVAC AND LET SLIP THE DOGS OF WAR !!!!!

IP:

harmless
posted June 19, 2002 05:36 AM            
jeepers....jeepers....jeepers...

i've been trying to read thru most of the old
posts, to get a feel for what has been going on
or percieved to have been going on, and
it just feels like it's 'burnout' rearing its
ugly head.

[side note: you know Ras, pretty much every
post that i've read from you makes sense.
i'm starting to get warm fuzzies inside for
you, my dear Ras, hopefully it's just gas.]

people will be people, we all have a unique
personality, and we do our best to get along.
a small community does make it harder, but
our community will survive, TM will survive.

i actually have no idea what G&C is talking
about, so the percieved offenses must be
happening elsewhere.

i have been in a few public forums before,
and the TM forums are generally pretty good.
we should be proud of ourselves.

in general,
if there's a post that's utter nonsense, just ignore it.
if there's a post that's violates the rules,
just ignore it, that's what administrators
are for.
if there is a bad apple, they post to get
attention, so just ignore them. eventually
they'll go some other place.

we are a caring and devoted community, and
i feel that will never change.

if you must leave G&C, i wish you well and
hopefully you will rediscover the magic that
made TM a game you enjoyed.

well, since i hardly ever post, this should
do me for a while.

toodles,
harmless

------------------
mikey,
may peace doggedly
follow you.

IP:

Teulk
posted June 19, 2002 08:39 AM            
It's getting a little tiresome saying "good-bye" so often...I mean, really, "what's it all about, Alfie?".Things have gotten to a point where people are leaving, and the reasons are not even self-evident.
The stress levels must be at an all time high. Could it be that, as mentioned above, a general "burnout' is beginning to overwhelm some of the ranks?? What could be so severe as to force some of our more devoted TM'ers to depart?
Is it time for a renewed look at how we are interacting, or just time to, as also mentioned above, take a break, have a coolie, and forget about frags for awhile.
Maybe some of the cynicism (sp?) is beginning to burn those not used to the barbs..or the comments becoming too caustic..this should all be swept under the rug for what it really is...rhetoric..and cyber-rhetoric at that. Better to be burned by a real flamer than suffer a retinal scratch from READING diatribe by the pound.
Used to be that reading the BB raised my level of enlightenment regarding pertininent discussions. As of late, some rate an "Ann LAnders" feel to them.
For the most part, I, for one, haven't noticed anything worth packing, picking up, and leaving for. As of yet, anyhow.
But I think a cool one is in order. For each of us. Whether that mean an ice tea, a beer, or a lemon-ade, I think it's time to get back to what once was...community spirit. And as mentioned before, there's quite a bit of it out there. Possibly a little more tolerance wanting, but for the most part, life seems pretty good in here,as seen from over here anyhow.
Regarding G&C's own issues, I, for one, would hope he re-consider...snag on the toggles of his fave tank, and re-join us on the PLAYING field, NOT, I repeat, NOT THE BATTLEFIELD.
Have a wunderbar kind of day....I'll be MIA for a couple days...enjoy the FUN

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted June 19, 2002 03:50 PM            
Its mostly real life problems so back off please and don't make ASS"U"mptions.

IP:

coaxs
posted June 19, 2002 04:16 PM            
Ras you forgot 2 other categories.

-Ras complaining about everyone, but assures us his views are correct.
-Those who actually start beleiving in Ras's views sice he assured us they were correct.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

MexIndian
posted June 19, 2002 06:59 PM            
*sigh*

[serious]
Ras, I warned you about this...... the whole "being right" thing.

Bro, you have no idea wtf is goin on it this kat's life! On what moral high-ground do you stand that allows you to pass judgement on someone else's decisions, or their way of dealing with the harshness of life? Of course life sucks, but that's what FRIENDS ARE FOR. We all need attention sometimes! That's what makes it a community, that everyone brings their whole person with them, including their baggage.

Maybe he's leaving, maybe he's not. I don't pass judgement, I either support, or read the next thread. Don't be a hater, bro.

[/serious]

[in_jest]
I hope you don't leave next........
[/in_jest]

------------------
If I were you and you were me and I fragged you whose score would go up?

IP:

Irascible
posted June 19, 2002 08:43 PM            
"Its mostly real life problems "
I read it for the third time. It's hard to understand everything through the accent ;-), but I didn't see anything in their about his personal life. And if there was something personal, it would be pretty silly to post it here. Plus, I made no specific reference to Grind. If the Queen Mother had said she's leaving TM in the same manner, I would have given the same response. So I can't speak for others, but I've assumed nothing that hasn't been revealed here explicitly.

"... assures us his views are correct ...
Yeah, I know. You put in a smiley face. But just for the record, you'll find absolutely no post on this board where I imply that all my views are correct - other than perhaps in jest. I'm sure everyone has experienced the phenomenon where their confident opinions caused others to make accusations of arrogance - when it was simply that you were sure of yourself. Well... I tend to be sure of myself on certain matters. I leave those matters for which I am not confident off this board.

"Ras, I warned you about this...... the whole "being right" thing.
Thank you for the psychoanalysis doc.
"Bro, you have no idea wtf is goin on it this kat's life!"
I made no claim to. He commented on what has been happening with TM. I commented on his reaction, and the reaction of others to things relating to TM.
"On what moral high-ground do you stand that allows you to pass judgement on someone else's decisions"
I passed NO judgement on his decision. If YOU wish to pass judgement on my words then at least get your story right. I commented, in general, about the way he and others have left the community. If you look up Kevlar's farewell thread I had much the same reaction. And I made a point of saying there that leaving for RL reasons or whatever is perfectly legit. Life gets busy. The game gets old. Fine. But to lay it at the feet of this amorphous entity called "the community" is much like those who blame society for their woes. It serves no purpose, deflects responsibility and only brings everyone else down.
"Of course life sucks, but that's what FRIENDS ARE FOR."
Granted. But he and the few others who have left in this manner weren't asking for help. They were bemoaning the community on their way out the door. Classy. If it were a serious personal issue then obviously this is not the place to seek help.
" We all need attention sometimes!"
You'll notice I made reference to that as a possible motivator above. If that's the real issue, then perhaps the admins will consider starting a new "Lonely Hearts Club" category. I know I'll post often. Hehe.
"Don't be a hater, bro."
Feeding self-pity, enabling others in not taking personal responsibility, being quiet when wrong is being done... those things and more are what constitute real hate within this context. And I certainly don't hate Grind. After all, he's the ONLY TM player I've ever spent MONEY on!!! I want him to stay as much as the next guy. I just won't say "please" ;-).

BTW, for those of you that don't understand this yet, I debate aggressively. But at the same time you can't possibly know how emotionless I am as I type this. There's no flame war between me and Mex going on. So you voyeuristic types (like Mex, for example ;-)) can go get your thrills elsewhere. There ain't nothing here to see. So PLEASE, no cries for calm or any other such nonsense. It's all good.

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted June 19, 2002 09:44 PM            
AAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! I Can't believe this!! I haven't heard a single cry of alarm!!!!! *begins crying out again*. Guys, lets all just let the situation die ok? The fact is G&C has left (for now). Hes probley never going to come back and read this thread. AND BTW, Just for verification, in ras's post above...well a few posts above... he quote's somebody saying "Meanie". That is *NOT* I repeat *NOT* me, though I do use the expression Meanie alot, but RARELY out of joking (except with Microsoft!, OFF WITH THEIR HEADS!, THE MEANIES). and Anyways, I may ramble and spam, but I do not whine like that (least I hope so, lol)

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted June 19, 2002 10:39 PM            
He hasn't left for good.He is taking a break and he will come back and most of it didn't have to do with TM.End of discussion.

IP:

Paranor
posted June 20, 2002 01:31 PM            
I'll bet it's when I can get him back on my servers - of which I have no FREAKING idea why!

IP:

Paranor
posted June 20, 2002 01:33 PM            
AHA! Found it! Now, I have to figure out how to fix it.....

IP:

MexIndian
posted June 20, 2002 03:13 PM            
"Ras, I warned you about this...... the whole "being right" thing.
Thank you for the psychoanalysis doc.

Welcome! Anytime you want me to be right, just ask

"Bro, you have no idea wtf is goin on it this kat's life!"
I made no claim to. He commented on what has been happening with TM. I commented on his reaction...

a.k.a. JUDGING

... and the reaction of others to things relating to TM.

Congratulations on your election as Executive Spokesman for the typing-ly-challenged!

"On what moral high-ground do you stand that allows you to pass judgement on someone else's decisions"
I passed NO judgement on his decision. If YOU wish to pass judgement on my words then at least get your story right. I commented, in general, about the way he and others have left the community.

lol. I don't like rain, but I like it when the sky gets all wet and whatnot.

"Of course life sucks, but that's what FRIENDS ARE FOR."
Granted. But he and the few others who have left in this manner weren't asking for help. They were bemoaning the community on their way out the door.

You have said it yourself.... no one just leaves TM cold turkey. He'll be back. Minimizing someone elses problems, regardless of how ridiculous they might appear to us is hateful.

Classy. If it were a serious personal issue then obviously this is not the place to seek help.

Why not? Ask Paranor and Tiggs and Aragorn and Wolfman and a bunch more people if this community has helped them out with a non-TM serious problem.

" We all need attention sometimes!"
You'll notice I made reference to that as a possible motivator above. If that's the real issue, then perhaps the admins will consider starting a new "Lonely Hearts Club" category. I know I'll post often. Hehe.

Maybe they should. Except that you'd prolly criticize any posts there saying that it depressed you to see their depressing comments, so they should stop.

"Don't be a hater, bro."
Feeding self-pity, enabling others in not taking personal responsibility, being quiet when wrong is being done... those things and more are what constitute real hate within this context. And I certainly don't hate Grind. After all, he's the ONLY TM player I've ever spent MONEY on!!! I want him to stay as much as the next guy. I just won't say "please" ;-).

I'm not saying that you hate Grind, nor am I asking you to say please. But rather than attacking a post that doesn't concur with your views, ignore it. Openly criticizing someone who's unhappy for any reason is not "harmonic", and is the behavior characteristic to "a hater".

So thanks for trying to CLEANSE the community from the evil DEPRESSING COMMENTS, but no thanks.

Maybe they should start another forum, along-side the "Lonely Hearts Club", namely, "The Self-Righteous 2 Cent Side-Walk Phylosopher Club".

------------------
If I were you and you were me and I fragged you whose score would go up?

IP:

ping of death
posted June 20, 2002 03:53 PM         
GREAT NEWS!! Sorta. Not really. Kinda. Maybe if all of you top players leave, then I would have a chance at doing better than last place....

Just kidding, don't take it too seriously!

IP:

JeepChick
posted June 20, 2002 04:26 PM            
Leaving?? NO ONE IS LEAVING, do you hear me?? NO ONE :-)

JC

IP:

Teulk
posted June 20, 2002 05:45 PM            
The game may getting old (to some), but THIS is getting older...faster...

[This message has been edited by Teulk (edited June 20, 2002).]

IP:

This topic is 3 pages long:   1  2  3