|
Author Topic:   The Golden Ants, have returned...
GoldAnt_Number1
posted June 17, 2002 07:44 PM            
Somewhere in the desert, a little ant poked his head up out of the ground scanning the horizon. All he could see was to his left, more of this pfft'able desert, and to his right the same thing, or was that his left? He being the last little Gold Ant left in the Hill, he decided that there was only one thing left to do. *At this point the little yellow ant ducked back down into the dirt, after a few moments the ground began to shake and rumble and POOF, A Tank arose, bigger than an ant, yet smaller than a tank!?!?!? It was orange it color and the sunset reflected off of its transparent smooth and silky surface. Within a few moments it had begun speeding away over the desert* The miniscule yellow creature was going to attempt the impossible, to frag an enemy over 500x is own size, with a small little vehicle made by the Ancient Ants of Olden Ancient Times. Suddenly the radar began to twitch and to beep, and over the radio came a crackling sound of, another Ant! "WEEEEEEEeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeee" Was all our tiney friend could hear for the first few seconds. Then a severe case of evil cackling. And after that the Ant on the radar began to talk extremely fast, what in the world was this crazy creature! *suddenlys two vehicles came flying over the hill, a Steel Tank rumbling and roaring loudly, followed by an Ant made of Translucent Gold, Flames were bursting out from the side of the giant Ant, searing and melting the steel on the tank* And thus the Remaining Gold Ants United. *more Mite's and Giant Ant's pour over the hill*

Ok, the little thing above is kinda cheezy, its not the best i've ever done, but I couldn't find anybody to spam to on ICQ! And besides, little kids are crying everywhere in this house and I can't spam straight when they're doin that! Anyways, The Golden Ants have returned What does this mean you ask? It means a few things, first one is a giant long "pfft". Next of all it means that although "The Golden Ants" have now pretty much died on that desert the zone!, they have now found a new home, though only one real member is coming from the Zone and thats ME. Though im not the little ant in the story, somebody else is!.... This Clan, is for the sake of sheer insanity! And as so we'd like to welcome our first member MexIndian!!! Though he might've been sarcastic when he said he'd like to join but im assuming he wasn't (hehehe).

Well, anybody else wanna join? though im gonna only say this once!, this isn't gonna a clan as others, it might be located more under the misc category. So, does Anyone else wanna join me n mex? eh? (btw, mex did not play Ants on the Zone that I know of)

------------------
For the Sake of Insanity!

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted June 17, 2002 09:02 PM            
A misc ants clan - hmmm, this is a new perspective that makes lwa's idea almost pile into insignificance of a clan which isnt a clan, but also is ! lol.

"What does this mean you ask?"

Can i guess ? - more SPAM !! lol :P

IP:

Grind_and_Click
posted June 17, 2002 09:22 PM            
^

IP:

kv
posted June 17, 2002 09:58 PM            
Matrix, LWA was made for lonewolves that wanted to participate in clan events, without having to join a clan.

LWA is not a clan, it does not claim to be one either. LWA does not have practice sessions, LWA does not openly recruit new members.

why do you insist on making fun of the LWA?

IP:

posted June 17, 2002 11:37 PM            
Jon would like to join...and he liked the entire story...mind you...when I read to him he is always correcting me...(not a word Ras)...you would have to detail the clan for him...be talking on the ICQ...

Another note...Yes...the birth of new clan is always exciting...Jon is jazzed about it and ready to go...his other friends play treads and love the game too...but don't hold you breathe GA...most of his freinds don't have computers yet...but i try and help your cause...and as the ant clan slowly grows in numbers and loyality...all the other clans were swallowed up into the abyss of a giant ant hill....sounds good... no...

[This message has been edited by 666 (edited June 18, 2002).]

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted June 17, 2002 11:58 PM            
LOL, I have TONS of typo's and grammical errors up there. Thats what happens when you fail to proof read something! pfft! Im outa practice!, SEND ME BACK TO SCHOOL PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!! I CAN't TAKE THE SUMMER!!!!! TORTURE!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHH...

whoops, sorry bout that, got carried away Well Welcome Aboard Jon, Its Nice To See So Many People Responding So Quickly To This Thread Lol.

P.S. When All Else Fails, And Boredom Kicks In, Capitalize All The Letters In Your Sentence, Its Quite Annoying To Keep Lifting Up And Down On The Shift. So That'll Make you Thankful And Grateful For Having At Least SOMETHING Else To Do.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted June 18, 2002 01:42 AM            
"LWA was made for lonewolves that wanted to participate in clan events, without having to join a clan. LWA is not a clan, it does not claim to be one either. LWA does not have practice sessions, LWA does not openly recruit new members"

- Isnt that what i said Kv ? im not makin fun, im stating fact lol. But if its not a clan and its not an everyman for himself, then how else do we refer to it ? It must come under some broad definitition somewhere in the gaming world - it's just that as of yet i havnt found it !

IP:

Dreamer
posted June 18, 2002 02:27 AM         
Where's your promo web site?

IP:

Irascible
posted June 18, 2002 03:21 AM            
Correcting grammar is fine dEVIL.

But as Matrix alluded to, can Jon spam faster than the speed of light?
Can he somehow direct each and every conversation, even one on nuclear physics, into a referendum on the worthiness of "ant-hood" and "ant-dum"?
Will he walk through the park stooped over with a magnifying glass in a vein attempt to avoid slaughtering millions of his distant cousins?
Will he climb the side of a picnic table, risking life and multitudinous limbs, to get milk for his brownie crumbs? (a little Got Milk? commercial reference there)
And most importantly, can he turn the slang word "pfft" into a noun, pronoun, adjective, adverb, verb and anything else necessary just as the Smurfs did with the word "Smurf"?

Though I've seen no official proclamation, I suspect that those are the questions you must answer if you're to smurf the Golden Calf... err... I mean follow the Golden Ant.

Pfft.

IP:

coaxs
posted June 18, 2002 03:26 AM            
LWA is an "alliance".

IP:

MexIndian
posted June 18, 2002 09:02 AM            
GA, I haven't joined yet.

Talk about putting words into my mouth!

------------------
If I were you and you were me and I fragged you whose score would go up?

IP:

synack
posted June 18, 2002 06:11 PM         
LWA *was* an alliance until someone starting placing the first few rules around it.

That's when I and a few others bailed out.

Then the thread in question mysteriously disappeared.

comments?

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted June 18, 2002 06:56 PM            
Indeed, all these questions'll be answer ras lol. I might add it to the web site were gonna make.

BTW, Look up Proverbs 6:6 and Proverbs 30:25 all ahahahah Theres some antish secrets for ya

[This message has been edited by GoldAnt_Number1 (edited June 19, 2002).]

IP:

-DNX-Ni
posted June 18, 2002 07:17 PM            

[This message has been edited by -DNX-Ni (edited June 18, 2002).]

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted June 18, 2002 09:32 PM            
I feel this is a job for .... THE DOCTOR !!!!
www.dmf.filetap.com

As a moot point heres some info on "CLANS" its definitions and some clan help files.

Definition of the word Clan:
The Gaelic word for children is more accurately translated as family in the sense in which the word Clan became accepted in the Scottish Highlands during the 13th century. A Clan is a social group whose core comprises a number of families derived from, or accepted as being derived from, a common ancestor.
Almost without exception, that core is accompanied by a further number of dependent and associated families who have either sought the protection of the Clan at some point in history or have been tenants or vassals of its Chief. That Chief is owed allegiance by all members of the Clan, but ancient tradition nevertheless states that the Clan is above the Chief.
Although Gaelic has been supplanted by English in the Lowlands of Scotland for nearly a thousand years, it is an acceptable convention to refer to the great Lowland families, like the Douglas', as Clans although the heads of certain families, such as Bruce, prefer not to use the term.
Allegiance was generally given to a father's Clan, but Celtic tradition includes a strong element of descent through, and loyalty to, a mother's line. In reality, the chief of a Clan would ingather any stranger, of whatever family, who possessed suitable skills, maintained his allegiance and, if required, adopted the Clan surname.

Clan Help : http://www.atomicwarrior.com/clubs/clanbible/

When the word "clan" is mentioned around the dinner table, most of us think of words like "old", "tribal" and "Scotland", yet the term can also refer to the contemporary world of the Internet and, in particular, to the world of gaming.

With the more and more games becoming multi-player, a sense of community has appeared. Patchwork aficionados aside, gaming clans are now one of the largest groups of Internet users. Whether playing Quake, Half Life or any game from the MechWarrior series, groups of players are bringing an element of community and camaraderie to the Web.

Gaming clans are similar to the old tribal systems of Scotland and Ireland. All have their own history, mottos and ideologies. Joining these communities normally consists of either applying as you would for a job, or being headhunted by a member of the clan because your reputation precedes you.

Again reminiscent of 12th century clans, membership rituals normally involve a contest of some form, a measure of skill intended to determine a prospect's social standing. How the prospects fare will dictate whether or not they are invited into the fold.

Once admitted, the member's attitude is considered to be even more important than fighting skill. All members, it is assumed, have already proven their worth. The community itself holds friendship and honour as primary values, rather than cunning and prowess.

Gaming clans are normally very close, just as the original clans where. They fight battles with other clans, deal with inter-clan competitions and enjoy the company of their fellow members.

Although most multi-player games have clans associated with them, the MechWarrior series has clan warfare built into the story line. Set in the future, MechWarrior tells the story of a clan-based universe of warring factions, secret pacts and allegiances to families of the high council.

MechWarrior's theme of community extends to the gamers who play online, too, who develop leagues and clans of usually between 10 and 20 individuals. Through these clans and what gamers call "skins"--battle dress--a gamer can create a sense of belonging to something tangible in a world that has become full of fast food, decaffeinated coffee and MTV.

Games like MechWarrior thrive in cyberspace, where there are no boundaries, no racial prejudice, no age concerns and no geographical limitations. The closeness that can develop in a clan is based solely on the merits of one's gaming ability. This probably explains why many online gamers--adversaries and teammates alike--usually become good friends. Gone are the days of being restricted to playing with kids down the street; now games are contested between players all over the world.

In interviewing clan members, it is often suggested that winning is not the most important thing, but rather social interaction. Of course, the honour of the clan rests on its performance, just as a member's status rests on his continued good play. But never at the expense of traditional values and customs--sharing victories and defeats, respecting clan leaders. In fact, many of today's gaming clansmen will admit that although a good battle is one thing, it should never eclipse the comeraderie of regular meetings over grog, singing to there battles, to there defeats and to their plans for the future (wherever they roam).

More on Clanship : http://www.bluesnews.com/guide/clans.htm

hope al that helps ppl figure out where there at in the world. and no, thats not aimed at anyone, it's a general global figure statement.

Best of luck fellas.

[This message has been edited by =DNX= Matrix (edited June 18, 2002).]

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted June 19, 2002 12:50 AM            
w00t! Ants r perfect 4 both clans. OH YA! Lets go fella's!! Yippy lol. BTW, matrix, I wanna see that ant tank you made lol. Web Site is already being worked on by me, Any Suggestions ?(any are welcome please ). And, im going to let you guys in on a little secret, you can be expecting an Ant Mod Pack soon, maybe, if your good...etc It won't be anything real special but..... Ya know... Though first we gotta see whos joining up!

IP:

MexIndian
posted June 19, 2002 05:58 PM            
Very interesting Matrix! thank you for that post.

And G.A.

............ I use Trillian, therefore, I have preserved the log of our conversation, and can prove beyond the shadow of a doubt that I didn't make any statement that provided any more affirmation that "I'll consider it".

DON'T MAKE ME POST THE LOG, ANT!!

------------------
If I were you and you were me and I fragged you whose score would go up?

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted June 19, 2002 09:26 PM            
LOL!!!, I just went back and read the log mex! I guess my mind was a little out of wack, cause your right LOL. I guess I was just thinking you said yes somewhere in there LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. but, sorry guys, mex didn't! lol, im so sorry mex...

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted June 19, 2002 10:24 PM            
ANTiTank doesnt have a skin yet, but its looking well.

IP:

BamZipPow
posted June 19, 2002 10:26 PM            
Just make it an Anti-Gold color...

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted June 19, 2002 11:22 PM            
Pfft, Matrix, Just geamie what you have on that ant tank lolololol I'll even make a skin for ya, i'll make it real cool. Though i make it black, I might give you a yellow version to frag around

IP: