|
Author Topic:   ICQ contact.
=DNX= Dalmatian
posted June 17, 2002 12:26 AM            
Somebody messaged me on ICQ last night. 6-15-02. I asked them "Who is this?" and they said they must have two Dalmatians on their contact list. I just wanted to say I'm s orry for not reconizing you, whoever that was. I was using Trillian instead of the actual ICQ system and Trillian only displays the number, not the name. I reinstalled ICQ and disabled ICQ from Trillian so this doesn't happen again.

IP:

BamZipPow
posted June 17, 2002 10:06 AM            
When you add the contact in Trillian, it will display the person's name automatically. You can rename your contact to whatever you want then. Give Trillian another try...

IP:

MexIndian
posted June 17, 2002 03:10 PM            
Yah man... Trillian is OK...
'cept for the file transfers... grrrr

------------------
If I were you and you were me and I fragged you whose score would go up?

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted June 17, 2002 03:21 PM            
LMFAO - if you want a Ferrari, buy a Ferrari, not some shonky half witted kit car lookalike.... that doesnt have nearly 20% of the features...

Just my 2p

A wolf is still a wolf, even in sheeps clothing.
Bahhhhh Bahhhhh Bahhhhh !

IP:

Mysterial
posted June 17, 2002 06:14 PM            
Trillian is one of those things that centralizes everything into one really well, but doesn't do any specific thing better than the original. I use it for all those messenger services people sometimes expect me to be on but I don't like (MSN, AOL) and use the real program for those I do (ICQ).

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted June 17, 2002 09:07 PM            
I used tyo be able to ring a bus station in a city i was visiting and ask direction to it from the train station. Once they centralised it, all you get is some snot nosed yopper with the intelligence of a band aid snorting down the line to you that he doesnt know Durham from Droitwich cos hes in Colchester and is sorry but he CAN'T HELP ME.

And thats what centralisation does for ya. - What you want more examples ????

Take a small town full of prosperous small shops - add a huge whack off multiplex with all the big name stores in it - what happens to the little guys when the custom is no longer there.......

IP:

MexIndian
posted June 18, 2002 09:13 AM            
All I know is that the pro's outweigh the cons. Much more resources open if I'm only on one chat thing...

------------------

IP:

=DNX= Dalmatian
posted June 21, 2002 02:39 AM            
Okay. For all of my other services on Trillian, they display my contact or buddy list. How do I display my buddy list on ICQ? Or my contact list using Trillian? Until I figure that out, I'm not going to use Trillian to talk on ICQ.

IP:

MexIndian
posted June 21, 2002 09:00 AM            
You hit the "+" and it asks you "What group to add under" or something like that,and what media (ICQ) then you tell it UIN, then hit add buddy, and presto!

------------------

IP:

Random Chaos
posted June 21, 2002 12:54 PM            
Trillian shows names, but only on people added to your list. You can r-click on the name of a random message comming in and view profile to get the name off of random messages. As for the names themselves on normal messages, you can toggle them on or off...

IP:

coaxs
posted June 21, 2002 04:39 PM            
"Take a small town full of prosperous small shops - add a huge whack off multiplex with all the big name stores in it - what happens to the little guys when the custom is no longer there......."

They should enter a business they are more efficient in. And if mamma and pappa stores are so important the city council shouldn't allow them in the city in the first place. From what I see thats what happened in Berkeley to protect small business owners.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

MexIndian
posted June 21, 2002 06:53 PM            
Not to start another philosophical argument, but check it:

Coax is kinda right! Mom's and Pop's stores will not be affected by Walmart entering because if they provide something that has that extra warm fuzzy feeling, then I'll still go to them. But I shouldn't HAVE to go to them if the product I require can be mass-produced.

Example, back home, everyone still asks this one guy to fix their shoes, because he provides something the big department stores can't... SERVICE and ACCOUNTABILITY.

:. Long live Trillian.

------------------

IP: