This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2  |
Author Topic:   MaxMaxMaxMaxMaxMaxMaxMax
-DNX-Ni
posted June 11, 2002 11:26 PM            
stop spawning!

------------------
If I Were Me and You Were You, and I Fragged You... tough!!

IP:

Irascible
posted June 11, 2002 11:42 PM            
v. spawned, spawn·ing, spawns
v. intr.
To deposit eggs; produce spawn.
To produce offspring in large numbers

So now Max is a fish? LOL!

IP:

Grind_and_Click
posted June 12, 2002 12:15 AM            
................ye anwyay, aye, stop it......GD IT!

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO anoying then the fact hell say brb, so i dont kill him, i say it hes the first that nailes me

reloading shadow, which can ruin alot of a game

man he does IT ALL

IP:

Irascible
posted June 12, 2002 12:48 AM            
I'm no defender of Max, but I will say he's consistent. He's made it clear that it's frag at all costs. And he doesn't bitch when it happens to him (I spawn kill the sucka every chance I get )... other than to say "K". Call it a philosophy.

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted June 12, 2002 04:06 AM            
Me 3...I spawn frag him and kill him over and over with the shadow every chance I get

IP:

Teulk
posted June 12, 2002 08:20 AM            
That's the only way to play...fair is as fair does..life is like a silver box of chocolates....reload and you never know how far you're gonna get!!

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted June 12, 2002 11:52 AM            
All out war on Max then - when he joins a game everyone consider it a 2 team game with max on one ....... LOL

Teach that sukka a lesson :P

IP:

posted June 12, 2002 11:56 AM            
Well...I do not know what good it will do to complain about a person who never reads the boards...Yes...I wish he would stop spawn fragging too...but you know...all the AI's alway spawn frag...that is why i thought it was OK... Let's face it he want to win...at all cost...but we need to turn the other check and not do unto others as you would have them do unto you...yes...be tolerant...how else will he learn that there is another way to play...until then...

------------------
Play Hard...Play Fair...See You Online

IP:

-DNX-Ni
posted June 12, 2002 12:00 PM            
Does Max ever read this?

IP:

posted June 12, 2002 12:03 PM            
I doubt it...that is part of the reason why he is so good...he is only on the battle field fragging away...something to think about...

------------------

IP:

Grind_and_Click
posted June 12, 2002 12:07 PM            
UNITE THE CLANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted June 12, 2002 12:17 PM            
just tell him "forum at treadmarks.com" next time usee him with "message waiting for you"... he'll come.

IP:

posted June 12, 2002 05:49 PM            
One last comment...I been thinking about spawn fragging and how it can become a crutch...yes a hinderance to your playing evolution. It might be the easy kill...but you begin to depend on it. When I stop spawn fragging...I had to earn every frag...and I have only gotten better. Max will never be an excellent player...only very good...he still depends on crutches to win.

------------------

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted June 12, 2002 05:59 PM            
WHO IN THE WORLD IS THIS MAX! AND WHY DO YOU ALL HATE HIM!!!!!!!!!

IP:

coaxs
posted June 12, 2002 07:00 PM            
spwan fragging is a mutual aggreement with other players, I keep a mental list of those that do, and for the ones that don't I typically end up spawn fragging them more then me anyways.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted June 12, 2002 08:02 PM            
Whats a MAX!?!!??!

IP:

-DNX-Ni
posted June 12, 2002 08:04 PM            
He's a TM server regular, who evidently doesn't read the forums and doesn't know the unwritten rules of TM!

In-game it's kinda hard to explain it and it'd help if he saw us here!

He's a good player, and according to supe he's been playing online for about a year but spawns like a b**ch out of hell!

PS like my editing GA? Sufficient?

[edit] (forgot the smilies) [/edit]

------------------

[This message has been edited by -DNX-Ni (edited June 12, 2002).]

IP:

posted June 13, 2002 02:29 AM            
Supe is correct...he has been playing for over a year...and we had nice long talk on the playing field...and he has decided to stop spawn fragging as of today...he even said that he was tired of refilling the shadow keeper... So Max...when you read this...(which he does)...keep up the good work...until then...

------------------

IP:

Vlad
posted June 13, 2002 09:39 AM            
quote:
One last comment...I been thinking about spawn fragging and how it can become a crutch...yes a hinderance to your playing evolution. It might be the easy kill...but you begin to depend on it. When I stop spawn fragging...I had to earn every frag...and I have only gotten better. Max will never be an excellent player...only very good...he still depends on crutches to win.

Oh good lord...

In a typical match with 8-10 people, I come across someone who's freshly spawned maybe once or twice a game.

And since most of the spawn points are on weapon spawns, the fresh spawn not only has full health, but a fully loaded weapon.

So would someone please tell me why attacking somebody with full health and a full bolton (or in the case of the 120, a weapon that can keep somebody at bay while they go for something better) is considered bad? Now, I could see how it could be annoying if the other person has the Mass Driver or Dirtball, but most other weapons can be fought off.

And you REALLY couldn't call that a crutch. As I've said over and over, it's not as if someone can camp a spawn point and just rake in the kills. The maps in Treadmarks have a LOT of spawn spots, so just sitting at one and catching the fresh spawns isn't going to really boost someone's score. Not to mention the fact that a fresh spawn is PERFECTLY capable of fighting back the second they hit the ground.

It's especially not comparable to reloading the Shadow Keeper. The SK is just a super-cheap weapon that takes minimal skill and zero aim to use. It's useful in CTF and racing, but it's just overkill in DM games. Reloading a weapon like that can definitely be considered cheap and a crutch, as if you play it right, you can use the reloaded shadow to completely dominate the server. Spawn fragging, on the other hand, is just something that happens through bad luck (and slow reflexes) on the part of the person who got killed. If you hit the ground, land on a full Mass Driver/Flamer/etc, and somebody kills you with a machine gun, don't whine about being spawn fragged.

IP:

-DNX-Ni
posted June 13, 2002 09:48 AM            
I am easily riled by people who spawn me but not so much if it's a 120 or a relatively weak weapon, it's just the principle!

But ting is, there are people who sit...and wait...and camp at spawn points if there is a good weapon there... so they sit, with a flamer or mass pointed at the position where the tank will spawn, then let them have it in order to get the weapon!

------------------

IP:

-DNX-Ni
posted June 13, 2002 09:53 AM            
Also, another reason I hate spawnfragging in TM is because peple 8itch and moan about it a lot so one has to accept it as an unlawful in-game act. Fair enough it's accepted by the majority of the community.

Newbies don't know this so they deem it ok to spawn and are still to be learned in the ways of the for...um...TM!!

I also play SOF and you're spawned as soon as you drop but noone complains about it, so I do it too. Seems ok there. I reckon if noone had complained about spawning int he first place, then it might not be such an issue!

But here we are..spawning sucks really and is a cheap way to get a frag, as deemed by the community!

------------------

IP:

Karldar
posted June 13, 2002 11:01 AM            
K, I try not to spawnfrag peeps, but it does happen occasionally-this is usually due to the fact that a red dot suddenly appears on the minimap, a tank suddenly appears on the screen in front of me and I shoot at them out of reflex. Not a big deal if I've only got my peashooter, but a flamer or ramdrill can be a different story entirely. Doesn't happen much, but it happens and I might apologize if I'm not gettin' attacked by someone else.

Matter of fact, I was spawnfragged just the other day. I spawned next to a guy that a nuke was homing in on-got us both. Jeez, now I wish I had gone after that jerk who fragged me with obvious malice aforethought. Stupid spawnfraggers-knowing exactly where I was gonna spawn and nuking me-lol.

Enough silliness for now cuz I want to make another point. Vlad sez in his post above,

"Reloading a weapon like that can definitely be considered cheap and a crutch, as if you play it right, you can use the reloaded shadow to completely dominate the server."

Um, it obviously takes skill to use CE. Vlad sez so-kinda. Not to usurp your prose's intent, Vlad, but that phrase caught my attention. You have to "play it right" to survive to use it in the first place, which can be hard since it's been so villified by the majority of the community. It has an extremely short range and it's not *usually* a one shot kill. It's not like it makes you omnipotent or anything. I've taken out a lot of CE users with the long-ranged weapons(gotta love MRL's) and even some of the short range stuff-including the drill(though not often, of course). I usually don't reload it, but if somebody wants to(myself included) it can be very difficult making it to an ammo box without getting fragged. Especially if people know you've got the shadow. I just think that CE takes its own unique strategy...that's all .

Edit: added clarification-hopefully
------------------
I like pie, but I LOVE TM!

[This message has been edited by Karldar (edited June 13, 2002).]

IP:

BamZipPow
posted June 13, 2002 11:56 AM            
Actually...if you time it right (within 1 second) you can frag someone as they are appearing with just one shot from your 120mm or one round from anything!! Yes, I've made a single spawn spot map to test this theory... Anyone want to play on it to test this theory?

Your health comes up to 100% AS you hit the ground. Haven't anyone noticed that your tank starts to morphs towards a 100% state as you come out of spawn? This is a very vunerable state for a spawning tank. This is also the best time you can frag someone before they get any weapon or even fire their 120mm in your direction. It takes a lot of skill to time that one right.

Here we go...[rant mode on]

At the same hand, it must be just as acceptable to deathwish if you spawn right in front of someone (call it "bad" timing on your part, right?) who's been camping at a spawn spot and lays into you with their weapon. What else would the deathwish be put into the game in the first place to be used for? Is there a written rule about using it? No. However, the community as a whole frowns upon it. The same should go for spawn fragging then. I guess in a spawnfragger's eyes...as long as they win the game (at any costs), it shouldn't bother them that someone deathwishes either as the deathwisher loses frags and won't "win" the game. It shouldn't bother them either if a player reloads any weapons to their liking (including the SK or CM). Who says this game has to be a game of skill? If you say it is a game of skill, then where is your skill at when you frag someone as they spawn? Guess it wasn't their "skillfull" lucky day, eh?

When you make the game "not fun" anymore, players might leave the current server and go search for another server or maybe even leave the game totally. Boy, you'll really show them who's boss of the game then, huh?

[/rant mode off] Whew...

So all you naysayers (sp?) will eventually drive most of the players away from the game. I'm sure that is NOT what you are actively striving for. So let's try to make/keep the game fun and encourage people to build their skills and entertainment value.

Any questions...?

IP:

posted June 13, 2002 05:53 PM            
Yes, BZP....I would like the map to test it out also...I've notice it too...I guess email me or something...

IP:

-DNX-Ni
posted June 13, 2002 06:08 PM            
DeathWishing is only frowned upon when it's to get out of giving someone else a frag! Usually if it's someone you're pursuing, on fire and cleary very low health. If they deathwish at this point, then that's deemed unacceptable!

IP:

This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2