|
Author Topic:   The Most Popular TM Server
Robo Jaws
posted June 09, 2002 11:44 AM            
Ok its Acording to Kilier's Server info page http://boomstickjoes.vze.com/TMServers/
Click on the TMserver name for the stats.

Robo's Euro DEMO Server
Number of players who have played used server
Top 3 players Accumulative playing time
HUT [DOG} 393 minutes
CyberCanon 324 minutes
Niimaur 170 minutes

second place server
Boomstick One Shot
Number of players who have played used server
Top 3 players Accumulative playing time
Teulk 289 minutes
Cap-n-Jack 191 minutes
Myrrys 170 minutes

------------------
TM Tank drivers licence applied for

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted June 09, 2002 03:25 PM            
I would like to try your server Robo, but everytime I try to join it I get everything up and have black screen. I am not receiving something from the server but not sure what. I have all the maps so it is not a map load failure and mods would not cause this problem. Must be something the server is not letting out through the firewall or rejecting a connection from my IP settings or something. Any ideas?

------------------
May you always have a following Sea and the comfort of those you hold nearest to your heart.
TMMaps

IP:

KiLlEr
posted June 09, 2002 04:22 PM            
I made this a little easier. I added XSL code to tally up the player ontimes and count up the number of players on that status page.

IP:

Robo Jaws
posted June 09, 2002 06:14 PM            
Sailor,
It sounds like you need to change your tank to falcon or destroyer, I have the same problem when I forget to change

The server is set up as a pure DEMO server so that any one using the free 1.6 version can play. that means no nuks no cruise missile , one map "The Ramp" and only the above tanks are supported.
The only mod supported is the flag master pack.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Robo Jaws (edited June 09, 2002).]

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted June 09, 2002 06:46 PM            
That explains is Robo. Did not know it was a demo server only.

------------------
May you always have a following Sea and the comfort of those you hold nearest to your heart.
TMMaps

IP:

coaxs
posted June 09, 2002 08:32 PM            
I won't even point out that the name of the server is "Robo's Euro DEMO Server". hehe

IP:

-DNX-Ni
posted June 09, 2002 09:13 PM            
I won't point out maybe he should put 'demo' into capitals! :P
quote:
hehe

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted June 09, 2002 10:39 PM            
It would ne cool if you could add all the weapons too.Like Par's demo.I know I have played on your server a few times and it ran great.Plus the Euro people had better pings which made it better for them.Guess that the whole purpose of this server anyway...Keep it up.

IP:

Robo Jaws
posted June 10, 2002 05:25 AM            
As explained above the DEMO server is a pure demo server to allow the free download people
some where to play.
Don't worry when I find a socket 7 motherboard to take an AMD 450/533 Ill set up a modded server.

Read on if you want to see why I need the motherboard

Are you sitting comfortably, then Ill begin

Once apron a time a socket 7 motherboard was humming away playing games and browsing the
Internet, until his owner replaced him with a faster machine and he was left powerless in the spare
room
Some months pasted and the owner wanted to jump on to the broadband bandwagon, this meant the
removal of his ISDN line, so he had to go back to using modem but how to share the connection
with out the ISDN router.
He then remembered the old socket 7 in the spare room; the socket 7 soon had an important job to do he became the information portal to his owners network, for 3 week he shunted data packets back and fourth for his owner.
The ADSL arrived and the socket 7 was not looking forward to moving back to the spare room But wait his owner had other ideas for him he was to be a TM game server giving enjoyment to people around the world
Disaster his owner powered him up and nothing no boot screen ho f'##k the graphics cards gone, he swapped the card ho double f##k its the CPU. Hastily the socket 7 owner rummaged for an old Pentium 75 CPU and poppedit in the boot screen was back; a new AMD 533 was purchased and places into the socket 7 CPU holder ho no still no boot screen. this is weird,.
The owner dragged out an old motherboard and plugged in the AMD CPU IT BOOTED

So what the f##ks wrong with the original motherboard to stop it detecting the AMDs

------------------

IP:

BamZipPow
posted June 10, 2002 12:41 PM            
Nice story.

What make/model is the mobo in question? Which make/model mobo are you running it in now?

IP:

Robo Jaws
posted June 10, 2002 04:54 PM            
<fx on> Rummages for manual <fx off>
Your too kind <Blush mode engaged>

Its an
AI5VG+
Pentium VP3/MVP3
Baby At Motherboard
Version 1.0E

Its realy weird that the AMD and also a Cytix 686MX
will not boot on the moterboard but a Pentiun 75 Mhz will

------------------

IP:

BamZipPow
posted June 11, 2002 01:54 AM            
Okay...here's their website if you need stuff. http://www.mycomp-tmc.com/new/index1.htm

Last time I tried to answer this post and left my comp alone...it decided to lock up! DOH...

You know that you have to setup your AMD K6-2 450 or higher/K6-III chips for a Vcore voltage of 2.4V, yes?

You should have your FSB settings at 100 mhz and a multiplier of 4.5x = 450mhz. Your SW1 settings should be 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8 = off-off-off-xx-on-on-on-off. xx = no switch. Looks like the highest multiplier it supports is 6x in .5x steppings.

Your SW2 settings should be 1-2-3-4 = off-off-on-off.

Have you flashed the bios to the latest? Looks like the latest one is M598U4.bin dated 9/17/99.

If you need the manual, I've already downloaded it and I can send it to you via email (312kb).

Hope that helps.

IP:

Robo Jaws
posted June 11, 2002 09:01 AM            
Thanks for the link
The settings were fine I have the manual (it was working as a router and originally as my main games system) just died or more to the point it refuses to reconise the AMD chip that seams to point to a support chip failing.

[This message has been edited by Robo Jaws (edited June 11, 2002).]

IP:

HUT
posted June 12, 2002 04:48 AM            
Hi
Correction Cumulative Mins. On (approx.) HUT [D.O.G] 677
Best wishes

IP: