|
Author Topic:   Jeep-erz...
BamZipPow
posted May 21, 2002 05:40 AM            
JeepChick,

I've got a special new tank for you.

What do you think of this? . If you want test drive the tank, send me an email for it.

If you think this represent the feeling of the vehicle, then it will be released to the rest of the community. If not, it will be edited/tweaked until it is. Fair enough?

The community awaits yer response...

IP:

JeepChick
posted May 21, 2002 06:59 AM            
Oh my goodness, I don't know what to say... That is GREAT!!!! I would LOVE to try it out. I haven't figured out yet how to use other tanks but the ones that come with the game. Please email it to me and if you could give me some instructions how to use it. WOW, I am sooooooo impressed!!! Thank you so much. You are wonderful!

JC

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted May 21, 2002 07:16 AM            
Thats great man -0 send it here too ill whack the news up on DMF

Can you add make n model etc - ill be able to make a graphic - Jeep baby, im so jealous, he's never made ME a tank b4 lol.....

IP:

JeepChick
posted May 21, 2002 07:40 AM            
I think that it is one of the nicest things anyone has done for me in a long time. Every time I think you TM guys can't get any nicer, you do something like this!

Can't wait to see a battle field FILLED with Jeeps!! waahooo, I can see it now!

JC

IP:

Grind_and_Click
posted May 21, 2002 09:03 AM            
i can get nicer!!!!

*runs of to changing room*

IP:

-DNX-Ni
posted May 21, 2002 09:08 AM            
Easy on the eye shadow boy!!!

That's a super sweet jeep/tank hybrid thing BZP!! Good effin work man!

------------------
The Ahn-NI-hilator

IP:

BamZipPow
posted May 21, 2002 09:46 AM            
Okay JC,

The Jeep is in the male...er, mail! Email that is...

Just follow the instructions in the email. Remember to frag MI when you see him on the servers... : ]

Try to do that in Tranny or Whupped-on! And Stinky Feet just doesn't cut it either! (the previous message was an attempt at humor of the other tank games Tanarus, Wulfram, and Steel Beasts)

Give the Jeep a good run for your money! Let me know soonest on what needs to be changed (if any), okay?

IP:

JeepChick
posted May 21, 2002 10:03 AM            
Torture, pure torture. I am at work and have to wait until I get home to test it. FIVE MORE HOURS...... sheesh, as if the day wasn't long enough ;-)

JC (the biggest BamZipPow fan EVER)

IP:

Kevlar
posted May 21, 2002 10:11 AM            
Nice BZP, when its done send it over and I'll throw it in the tank pack... And community mod pack too.

Great job!

------------------
TM-Central

IP:

JeepChick
posted May 21, 2002 10:58 AM            
BZP, I asked my Jeep expert for your Jeep specs, here is what he sent me:

Its a wrangler that is true, but to us jeepers its a "TJ." They were made from 1997 to present, this one can be a 2000.

so..
Make: Jeep
Model: TJ (Wrangler)Sport
Year: 2000

The dream specs follow

Rubicon Express 5.5" Extreme Duty Long Arm Lift.
Detroit Lockers front and rear
Dana 60 axles front and rear
Atlas II transfer case
Bulletproof bumpers front and rear (but they are not in the picture)
Differential ratio of 5.86:1
36" M/T Baja Claws!!!

More to follow!!

YJ's are square headlight wranglers, and.. CJ's are the old round headlight jeeps I can give you more detail for these if you want if you want.

hehehe, that is probably WAY more than what you were looking for, but it made me chuckle (I think he has been hinting to me about some of that stuff for a long time)

IP:

JeepChick
posted May 21, 2002 11:38 AM            
Okay, I couldn't wait until I got home for the day so I went home for lunch to try out my new Jeep! It is PERFECT!!!! It handles like a dream! I know for sure now that I will get better!! hehehe

See ya on the servers!

IP:

Rex R
posted May 21, 2002 12:27 PM            
heheh I think I know where he got the turret (and possibly the jeep too, no I don't recomend converting the Tucker Torpedo)

IP:

Paranor
posted May 21, 2002 02:51 PM            
what server is running that jeep?

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted May 21, 2002 02:53 PM            
Yeah...we tried it out last night and I was quite impressed.One thumb and one middle finger up Bam,er I mean two thumbs up

IP:

BamZipPow
posted May 21, 2002 06:22 PM            
Okay...it's ready to be sent out.

JC, I'm sending you the final version in yer email box. This one will have the engine sounds to drive you crazy. It's not that bad or annoying but it's better than having tread sounds for a Jeep.

Kevlar and Matrix...it's on it's way!

The file size is just under 500k. Poly count for the Jeep is 2442 faces.

I believe that JVortex will add this to his Storm Racer Mod Pack and will modify/update it to his SR environment. Hope you all enjoy it!

IP:

BamZipPow
posted May 21, 2002 06:51 PM            
Par,

Right now...no server is running that Jeep. Unless you want to put it on one... : ]

IP:

BamZipPow
posted May 22, 2002 07:49 PM            
RexR,

Yah...you know where I got the Jeep from. Don't think anyone was requesting the TT...

The turret I ripped from JVortex's SR pack. I noticed you also have it on yer Liquid Camaro. BTW, why didn't you put wheels on that puppy? I already stuck some on it. Looks kinda mean now... Let me know if you want me to mess with it some more and make it into a ghetto car...

IP:

Dudymas
posted May 22, 2002 08:51 PM            
Welllllll... now the new question....

will LDA allow 3 digit numbers of tanks at least? So we really can do those map filled screenshots? I remember the times when we'd try to see who could get more tanks in one pictures..... oooooooooh... it was hilarious. There'd be 120mm explosions everywhere? Let's do one with a jeep tank next if we can get a patch.

IP:

BamZipPow
posted May 23, 2002 01:04 AM            
Dudy,

How many tanks do you want on the map? I'll see what I can do about that....snicker.

IP:

Rex R
posted May 23, 2002 01:56 AM            
re; turret
you sorta got the cart before the horse... turret started on the recon etc and jv asked if he could use it for his sr mod.
wheels
well it weighs in at 2k plus pollies w/o wheels and turret (at the time I were concerned bout slower 'puters) hence the 'liquid tank', wheels add about 100 pollies each. in retrospect I could have added them w/o problems. the TT has been converted to a revolt car(around 4k pollies with out wheels IIRC) if you think of the camaro as an alien attempt to blend in...

IP:

BamZipPow
posted May 24, 2002 04:15 PM            
Sorry about that RexR... Remember, I'm still a newbie! : ]

The updated Jeep files have been sent to DNX and TM-Central. I've sent 2 zip files, 1 with just the updated files (jeep.lwo and jeep.ent) and the complete pack updated.

If you know how to aim, you won't have to worry about shooting over the stock steel tanks at close range. But then again...

IP:

Rex R
posted May 25, 2002 02:15 AM            
was more amused than anything else. afterall I had a fair notion of the origin, thats good enough fer me (got better things to do with my time than worry about who does what with my creations. now if there was money involved... I suppose that would be different)

IP:

BamZipPow
posted June 13, 2002 03:24 AM            
Rex R,

Check this out...

Hope I didn't ghetto it out too much...

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted June 13, 2002 01:20 PM            
*feels so special!* I saw the first picture of it!!! YIPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IP: